G4 Returning in 2021

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Anon88

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2907144

I am not familiar with these twitch streamers or youtubers they've hired for the new G4, but they're all aware that the channel is going to get the axe. They're coping by joking about the situation. Yesterday it was Kevin and now it's Kassem making light of the situation while doing a cringy "keep politics out of games" joke.
They tried so hard to make all these jokes and yet the only funny part was at the end when they assume they have a fanbase who cares enough about their terrible show to draw fanart of it.

FarCentrist

kiwifarms.net
I think it's almost time that we seriously think about making a dedicated lolcow thread for the female version of Jack Murphy. I think there's enough past LoL material and the current G4 stuff. It's been about a week now and she's still sperging on twitter and reddit. Apparently she lived a privileged middle upper class life with daddy providing everything so her narcissistic I can do no wrong mentality comes naturally

And all of this is supported and encouraged by Adam "clap like a seal" the cesspool Sessler.

And also she seems like the sort of person that would read her own lolcow thread

Lone Star

kiwifarms.net
I think it's almost time that we seriously think about making a dedicated lolcow thread for the female version of Jack Murphy. I think there's enough past LoL material and the current G4 stuff. It's been about a week now and she's still sperging on twitter and reddit. Apparently she lived a privileged middle upper class life with daddy providing everything so her narcissistic I can do no wrong mentality comes naturally

And all of this is supported and encouraged by Adam "clap like a seal" the cesspool Sessler.

And also she seems like the sort of person that would read her own lolcow thread
People less deserving have their own threads, so I agree.

Frank D'arbo

Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They probably should have gotten Nick Robinson to be the host instead of the cokehead. They probably wouldn't even have to pay Nick in anything other than flights to Japan since he can somehow always make a recent excuse to fly to Japan entertaining, and funnily enough he also worked with Sessler. I mean the guy made an actually entertaining show of hunting down an autistic McDonalds DS training game.
Ngl Nick Robinson is the only video game journalist that doesn't make me want to slit my wrists

Dewy60

kiwifarms.net

Does any of you kiwis have relevant events that would summarize Frosk from esports caster to G4 Kamakazie in a nutshell for a lolcow thread?

albert the programmer

In Memoriam Of Vangelis (1943-2022)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Does any of you kiwis have relevant events that would summarize Frosk from esports caster to G4 Kamakazie in a nutshell for a lolcow thread?
Yahoo! News once did a glowing report on her just five years ago. It almost reminds me of how much they paraded SonicFox for being a furry that likes fighting game:

Even ESPN ESports did a profile on her that lasted more than 10 minutes explaining what she does:

Frosted Snowflakes

Part of a delicious genderbalance breakfast
kiwifarms.net
Someone got banned from G4TV's Twitch chat. So much for free speech.
1643486474903.png
1643486528398.png
1643486605098.png
1643486630057.png

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they had done proper tard wrangling they could have had something. Everyone needs to go through a mandatory PR course.

1) Do not insult the audience. You can get your point across without attacking them. "Yes, I know I have big shoes to fill left by Morgan and Olivia but give me a chance guys. They were very talented and attractive ladies, while I may not have their looks, I am here to carry on the torch of providing you quality entertainment and sharing my love for video games. 😀"

You really should not be hiring people that have an ax to grind.

2) Do not wish death on half the country over politics and be so hateful towards them. You are free to personally support the blue team and you don't have to like Republicans but as a public facing representative you must be civil and approachable to them.

I really would have not have brought Adam on without having him do a Twitter purge and agree to tone down the hostility. I repeat the point I made in #1 about not hiring people with am ax to grind.

3) Make it a shit-cannable offense to ever utter the words "Don't like than don't watch" in reference to anything on our network. Hate watchers are still part of the numbers to show people are watching.

4) Try to contain political commentary in editorials. Give the tards an outlet to make their "deep" statements, but make it clear to never get hostile and keep your tagents here.
I have another simple fix that would have saved them a lot of trouble. May not have made G4 successful (I just don't see what its place in the modern media landscape would be), but it would have given them a chance for success:

DON'T. HIRE. BPD. CHICKS.

Frosk's history wasn't a mystery to anyone in gaming. Even before she came forward about being diagnosed with BPD, she had a rep of burning through anyone and everyone for the sake of elevating herself. And that's exactly what has happened yet again with G4. Practically all discussion of G4 revolves around her and her rant; no one talks about the other personalities that much (well, except when Sessler decides to prove himself to also be a dumpster fire), no one talks about their content, and no one is talking about how the brand can develop or find a place for itself now. It's all about her, just like she wanted when she did this or when she threw out any number of her "hot takes" over the years. It's going to be all about her again when we're telling the story of how G4 2.0 failed in a few years while Frosk is on her eighth unwarranted gig and on her fourth made-up name to compensate for her lack of a personality.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Without even seeing any of the episodes that will come out, i can tell EXACTLY how this shit is going to play out.

One of the hosts will be a female/tranny with dyed/buzzed to one side/both hair style that will only talk about either the same AAA garbage that E3 already shoves in our face, or safe indies that don't offend anyone, or both. They might also take out the retro corpse and rape it live on camera, or pull the "how do you do fellow gamers" card.
>posted in July 2020

You were very close, but still too optimistic in how there's not really even much of a veneer of video games at all. Everything I've heard about nu-G4 so far has just been that there's some BPD psycho who hates her audience, and the entire network seems to revolve around her. Also they licensed some Scott the Woz vids that you can just watch on YouTube anyway.

I can't imagine G4's contracts will get renewed. I don't even know how a revival of G4 happened. Their target audience are the people most likely to cordcut and move onto the internet, and the original run of the network died when it was much, much more viable. It's like some executives somewhere came up with a plan to try and intentionally make the worst TV network possible.

greenthrowaway

kiwifarms.net
If they had done proper tard wrangling they could have had something. Everyone needs to go through a mandatory PR course.

1) Do not insult the audience. You can get your point across without attacking them. "Yes, I know I have big shoes to fill left by Morgan and Olivia but give me a chance guys. They were very talented and attractive ladies, while I may not have their looks, I am here to carry on the torch of providing you quality entertainment and sharing my love for video games. 😀"

You really should not be hiring people that have an ax to grind.

2) Do not wish death on half the country over politics and be so hateful towards them. You are free to personally support the blue team and you don't have to like Republicans but as a public facing representative you must be civil and approachable to them.

I really would have not have brought Adam on without having him do a Twitter purge and agree to tone down the hostility. I repeat the point I made in #1 about not hiring people with am ax to grind.

3) Make it a shit-cannable offense to ever utter the words "Don't like than don't watch" in reference to anything on our network. Hate watchers are still part of the numbers to show people are watching.

4) Try to contain political commentary in editorials. Give the tards an outlet to make their "deep" statements, but make it clear to never get hostile and keep your tagents here.

They aren't stupid. Insulting your audience and sperging about politics is their resume. They'll be owed jobs by other sources for the narrative's sake while the ones who were quiet about it will not get hired when G4 goes under. Their industry does not hire on merit, only identity and social value.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Kitboga (YouTube funny guy that messes with indian tech scammers by pretending to be oblivious old people) had a segment animated for G4 and it's bad.

The prank call itself is great, but not only is the animation sub-par, part of the joke is that Kitboga shows his face to the audience, constantly reminding you that the scammer himself is being tricked.

By making the character an old man it removes that extra layer of depth.

Feels like a Game Grumps animated.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Something happened with G4 that’s got Twitter talking. From what I can tell, it involves Frosk screaming and ranting on Twitter about a review she did, and G4 having a streamer be in a ball pit in a bikini after Frosk’s while sexism rant a while back.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Something happened with G4 that’s got Twitter talking. From what I can tell, it involves Frosk screaming and ranting on Twitter about a review she did, and G4 having a streamer be in a ball pit in a bikini after Frosk’s while sexism rant a while back.
Discussion starts here.

Relevant tweets:

1647551131156.png

The tweet of her seething at the prettier lady proving that the G4 execs don't value her opinion:
1647551169710.png

Not gonna post the bikini video because I refuse to give G4 clicks.

1647551535448.png
Seethe.