Careercow Gabrielle "Gabby" Rivera / QuirkyRican / ogfunkbandit / Lunagabby - Racist, failed writer, lesbian propagandist

Water-T

My pussy tastes like Pepsi-cola.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
a new original comic book series set in a world where a disease called “the Plague That Ate Greed” has wiped out the extremely wealthy,

Because diseases can determine who makes more than $50,000 a year.

Oh, I forgot. We're talking about the "fuck facts, what about my feeeeeeelings" crowd.

Useless Idiot

kiwifarms.net
“’b.b. free’ is a bouncy love letter to queer kids everywhere, especially the chubby Puerto Rican ones,” added Rivera.
This woman is the biggest narcissist on the planet. Everything she writes has to be about people exactly like herself - fat, gay Puerto Ricans. Actual talented writers can write characters unlike themselves and don't just use their writing as a masturbatory exercise.

a world where a disease called “the Plague That Ate Greed” has wiped out the extremely wealthy
We need to cancel this comic for blatant anti-Semitism.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
That's hyper specific. Why do all these weirdos hate capitalism?
They don't really, they do the song and dance but they're all bark no bite. Hence why they all work for tuppence for a morally bankrupt mega corp.

From a narrative standpoint, the name of that plague is absolutely horrendous. It's unwieldy, long and worst of all, it's boring.

I'd have gone with something like "the Greedworm," "the Golden Plague," or if I was feeling particularly pretentious, "The pox of avarice"
One of her biggest flaws as a writter apart from the fact she only has one thing to say ("I'm a fat lesbian whose anxious about being a middle class American.") is that she's really guilty of purple prose. She'll never say in one word what you can say in 12.

Last edited:

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
This woman is the biggest narcissist on the planet. Everything she writes has to be about people exactly like herself - fat, gay Puerto Ricans. Actual talented writers can write characters unlike themselves and don't just use their writing as a masturbatory exercise.
The funniest part of that to me is that her America Chavez proved that she’s not even capable of writing herself (or how she views herself) in a way that’s believable or at the very least sympathetic. Even the middle school Mary Sue fanfic self-insert Donut Steels of yesteryear were capable of at least doing that.

She’s such a narcissist that she creates characters that exemplify her worst, most obnoxious traits without a hint of irony, and then can’t figure out why being queer and “lantix” isn’t enough to coast on.

Mr._Blonde

Weed dealer for the Vatican
kiwifarms.net
From a narrative standpoint, the name of that plague is absolutely horrendous. It's unwieldy, long and worst of all, it's boring.

I'd have gone with something like "the Greedworm," "the Golden Plague," or if I was feeling particularly pretentious, "The pox of avarice"
Me personally, I would have gone for ", "The Black Check", "Greed's Trespass" or if I'm feeling like using fancy words , "Covetousness Infliction" or "Avidity's End"

I definitely got a love boner for "The pox of avarice". The Golden Plague is awesome too.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She’s such a narcissist that she creates characters that exemplify her worst, most obnoxious traits without a hint of irony, and then can’t figure out why being queer and “lantix” isn’t enough to coast on.
It's not uncommon for these writers to try and make their self-insert characters sassy iconoclasts who don't take shit from anyone. But they don't have the talent to make those characters likeable or relatable, and so instead of the super-cool hero who everyone likes that they're trying to write, they've created an obvious self-insert Mary Sue who every other fictional character inexplicably worships. Leaving the readers annoyed.

I think so much of it comes down to this lack of talent. Stephen King has arguably used self-inserts numerous times, but he's actually good at what he does and they never feel like Mary Sues or only because he can't write anything other than straight white men from Maine. You'd be very hard-pressed to say that Thad Beaumont from The Dark Half, Jack Torrance from The Shining and Paul Sheldon from Misery were all the same person, even though they're all straight white male writers that can be seen as similar to King in some way.

So if she had talent, Gabby could theoretically make her inability to make her central character anything other than a lesbian latina work. But like many of these SJW diversity hire comics writers, she's stuck at the level of a teenager sticking it to all the grown-ups in their life because they just don't understand how awesome she is.

The only thing more embarrassing than that is that people keep hiring her, and writers like her.

Last edited:

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
It's not uncommon for these writers to try and make their self-insert characters sassy iconoclasts who don't take shit from anyone. But they don't have the talent to make those characters likeable or relatable, and so instead of the super-cool hero who everyone likes that they're trying to write, they've created an obvious self-insert Mary Sue who every other fictional character inexplicably worships. Leaving the readers

I think so much of it comes down to this lack of talent. Stephen King has arguably used self-inserts numerous times, but he's actually good at what he does and they never feel like Mary Sues or only because he can't write anything other than straight white men from Maine. You'd be very hard-pressed to say that Thad Beaumont from The Dark Half, Jack Torrance from The Shining and Paul Sheldon from Misery were all the same person, even though they're all straight white male writers that can be seen as similar to King in some way.

So if she had talent, Gabby could theoretically make her inability to make her central character anything other than a lesbian latina work. But like many of these SJW diversity hire comics writers, she's stuck at the level of a teenager sticking it to all the grown-ups in their life because they just don't understand how awesome she is.

The only thing more embarrassing than that is that people keep hiring her, and writers like her.
Another key difference between King and Rivera is that King is capable of self-reflection and his expys are based more off his experiences than his wish fulfillment. When his characters go into great detail about how easy it is to fall off the wagon, how hard it is to stay on it, all the ways their various vices have ruined their lives, and the sensations on being on specific kinds of drugs, you can tell he’s speaking from experience. Yet his characters are let off the hook just because addiction is hard, it’s usually either their downfall or something that has to be overcome in order to resolve the main conflict.

Not only do Rivera and other SJW writers not have that ability/desire to self-reflect, but they often don’t have any real experiences (or only have sheltered ones) to reflect on in the first place. Hell, Rivera even said a few pages back that this is her fulfilling a wish to take a road trip, not inspired or drawing from any actual road trip experience.

Liquid Cool

Radness in a Pouch
kiwifarms.net
Another key difference between King and Rivera is that King is capable of self-reflection and his expys are based more off his experiences than his wish fulfillment. When his characters go into great detail about how easy it is to fall off the wagon, how hard it is to stay on it, all the ways their various vices have ruined their lives, and the sensations on being on specific kinds of drugs, you can tell he’s speaking from experience. Yet his characters are let off the hook just because addiction is hard, it’s usually either their downfall or something that has to be overcome in order to resolve the main conflict.

Not only do Rivera and other SJW writers not have that ability/desire to self-reflect, but they often don’t have any real experiences (or only have sheltered ones) to reflect on in the first place. Hell, Rivera even said a few pages back that this is her fulfilling a wish to take a road trip, not inspired or drawing from any actual road trip experience.
If you look at the dialogue it’s also very obvious that these writers never had any friends and don’t know how normal people speak to each other. All their dialogue is ripped straight out of their binge watching of Buffy The Vampire Slayer or Gilmore Girls.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The best advice you can tell a writer is to "write what you know", right? Write about your life, all its events and emotions, all its characters and twists. Gabrielle and her ilk have nothing interesting to say because their lives just weren't all that interesting. They're all shaped from the same clay, the clay that tastes like spoiled children, but the stupidest thing is that you absolutely can improve in that aspect. Go out and try to know as much as possible, talk to people, all kinds of people, and try to understand them.

Only problem is you'd need the self-reflection to realize you don't know enough...

Jungle Princess

Hippie Nature Lover
kiwifarms.net
Holy Menstruation!:
View attachment 899293

Something is missing:
View attachment 899295
Oh wow a "diverse" comic with no asians. What a surprise.
Fat lesbian latina who wanted to go on a crazy roadtrip as a teen writes about a fat lesbian latina going on a crazy roadtrip as a teen. Well I can sense this story getting self-masturbatory already

This "diverse" cast looks awfully simular.

That's hyper specific. Why do all these weirdos hate capitalism?
It's because they can't compete with the free market, so the next best thing is to tear the free market down.
Criticism of capitalism is a common left-wing opinion, but it's usually extremists commies who want to murder the rich.

• Agree
Reactions: hamburgerlardraid