Careercow Gabrielle "Gabby" Rivera / QuirkyRican / ogfunkbandit / Lunagabby - Racist, failed writer, lesbian propagandist

LoverofPi

Mmmmm, delicious pi.
kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry, but anyone who uses "Latinx" or "amigx" unironically has no right to invoke their Latin heritage.

For someone who is so racist towards white people, Gabby Rivera is a culturally middle-class Millennial white college gal to her very core.
The latter is the reason for the former. She's angry at white people as a way to reclaim a cultural heritage she had no actual connection to. I don't think she's consciously aware it's what she's doing, but it permeates everything I've seen her say and write.

Karl_der_Grosse

John Doe #2, Federal Defendant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question. Okay, this plague killed the 1%. And then it killed another 60% of the world's population? That's not exactly a "Plague That Ate Greed", it's a pandemic that killed over half of the world's population. I doubt they'd still call it that.

Not to mention that any pandemic that killed that many people would lead to complete societal collapse, the kind that would take literal centuries to rebuild from. And on top of that, the weather was apparently bad enough to fracture the US into a bunch of islands? This is just dumb and lazy worldbuilding.

Water-T

My pussy tastes like Pepsi-cola.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question. Okay, this plague killed the 1%. And then it killed another 60% of the world's population? That's not exactly a "Plague That Ate Greed", it's a pandemic that killed over half of the world's population. I doubt they'd still call it that.

Not to mention that any pandemic that killed that many people would lead to complete societal collapse, the kind that would take literal centuries to rebuild from. And on top of that, the weather was apparently bad enough to fracture the US into a bunch of islands? This is just dumb and lazy worldbuilding.
Not to mention that having a disease that targets the wealthy makes no fucking sense. Microbes can't sense how much money is in someone's bank account, nor do they care.

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention that having a disease that targets the wealthy makes no fucking sense. Microbes can't sense how much money is in someone's bank account, nor do they care.
Not directly, but a disease that spread as a result of a medical treatment that only the rich could afford would work. For example, an engineered virus that altered DNA to increase longevity, but had an unexpected delayed lethal side effect. The name still makes no sense if it killed 60% of the population though.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
Not directly, but a disease that spread as a result of a medical treatment that only the rich could afford would work. For example, an engineered virus that altered DNA to increase longevity, but had an unexpected delayed lethal side effect. The name still makes no sense if it killed 60% of the population though.
Your 3 sentences represent 1000x the amount of thought that Gabby Rivera put into her world-building.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To my understanding, there were 2 events, the plague which killed the 1% and a later climatic apocalypse. My evidence is how it says the plague specifically targeted the 1%. Don't ask me how exactly that would work, I racked my brain on how it could be possible for nature to design a plague that targets such a tiny percentage of the population and couldn't come up with anything reasonable, because rich people don't tend to carry cash around and typically have it invested in other ventures.
1573241023762.png

I assume the 60% casualty rating was from when "the weather was so wild, it changed the face of the planet". A planet wide climatic apocalypse might set humanity back, but I disagree that it would take more than 200 years to rebuild civilization back to normal. It's not like hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc... will set humanity back to the stone age, specially if the mortality rate is only 60%. Considering they have electricity, computers and communication devices (that walkman looking thing) and Fatty is well Fat, she isnt exactly in a post apocalyptic setting but a post-post apocalyptic setting.

I feel like I'm putting x1000 more thought into this than Gabby probably had.

That could work but, it specifically says it was Mother Nature's doing. The narrator is Fatty and she doesn't seem intelligent enough to know how to tie her own shoe laces, so it is plausible. Then there's the 'Fatty having powers', no way that doesn't have a hand in the Plague's and Mother Nature's Period bullshit, so the Plague's origin really could be anything.

Night Owl

How long have I waited...
kiwifarms.net
As a concept, I like Mother Nature... as a destructive force of nature that doesn't discriminate and kills people without remorse (just like in real life!). She shouldn't give a shit about capitalism and rich people, if she wants to kill us, she will.

break these cuffs

W A O
kiwifarms.net
As a concept, I like Mother Nature... as a destructive force of nature that doesn't discriminate and kills people without remorse (just like in real life!). She shouldn't give a shit about capitalism and rich people, if she wants to kill us, she will.
The way I look at Mother Nature is as a manifestation of our own ignorance and lack of respect for nature and the dangers it presents. Most of the destruction nature unleashes can be predicted, quantified, prepared for, or avoided. We as humans decide what is acceptable risk and what is not. Living in tornado even with warning sirens, beefed up building codes, shelters, etc is not a risk I'm willing to take. On the other hand living in place where snow and ice cause accidents due to shitty driving is something a lot of people wouldn't want to deal with. Unfortunately many people don't perform any risk assessment when doing the most basic shit. Would you go hiking at little visited BLM lands during a summer heat wave in California with no water and without telling anyone where you would be? People do that shit all the time.

Mother Nature is essentially karmic retribution for our own hubris when dealing with the natural world. She's also a means to shift the blame for our own poor decisions. I'm not an idiot, Mother Nature is a bitch. This might be kinda off topic since I think you were talking about Mother Nature as a character for the comic, but it was a thought that popped into my head when I read your post.

JohnMc

Mr. Karate
kiwifarms.net
I had finally forgotten this cow existed. Still a shit writer from the sound of everything. This is what happens when you put your agenda over storytelling. You can't explain anything going on.

Like in America Chavez. She has Lesbian Mothers on a world full of nothing but Lesbians [which Gabby noted every other panel] how was America conceived? Was one of her Mothers like Nailkaiser from Angel Blade and had a penis that popped out of her vagina [though she didn't have testicles so she couldn't create sperm to create life] or was one of her Mother's a futanari?

This story is better? How does a plague know who to go after? How did it only go after the 1% [that's still a thing?] If they're scrambling to survive then how is one of the main characters obese?[Obviously a self insert of gabby herself.] And how are they scrambling to survive when they still have electricity, some social cohesion since she works at a restaurant.

Well atleast the youtube reviewers will be getting their LOLs on again.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
Like in America Chavez. She has Lesbian Mothers on a world full of nothing but Lesbians [which Gabby noted every other panel] how was America conceived? Was one of her Mothers like Nailkaiser from Angel Blade and had a penis that popped out of her vagina [though she didn't have testicles so she couldn't create sperm to create life] or was one of her Mother's a futanari?
To quote Ya Boi Zach, "you don't even need men, just two lesbians float in a bubble with some weird stitching around it".

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally: the year is 2236 if i remember correctly; why do the characters speak with 201X slang? TBH, FTW, IDK, slang terms that are already old for us, along with just general language that is very this decade. Something that tends to help a world feel more organic is if the slang is reflective of the world they live in. Example: early on in the exposition about the plague that killed a large portion of the population, for some reason targeting the "greedy" (read as, people who develop skill sets that pay well) which, fine, it's fiction, I can roll with that. Why, 200 years in the future do they use the term "the 1%"? Feels like one of those things that would have evolved in that time, become a new term. It's not even like there seems to be a fear or a hatred of this 1%, at least not overt in the same way there's fear or hatred of other groups in most post-apocalyptic fiction where a group or faction are blamed for all the problems in the current world whether justified or not.
Do you really want to see Gabby try and invent her own slang, though? Try and go A Clockwork Orange in this bitch?

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Soooo three questions about the setting

1) what stopped someone else filling those 1% boots since the problem is systematic?
2)What economic model are the post apocalypse people using? Because it looks like they're using markets and free trade in the first issue?
3) When is gabby going to stop writting like a 14 year olds first fanfic?

Last edited: