Gacha thread - How about them rates?

Ad Lib Moaning

kiwifarms.net
I'm tired of the oversaturation of gacha games taking over the gaming (mostly, mobile) market. I almost fell to one, it started as a good "free to play" game then the powercreep happened. I pulled saved gems on guaranteed banners, and got dupe after dupe.
"Well, that's fine," I thought. "I will get a non-dupe in time."
and holy FUCK it almost never ends. The game then locked content behind specific units, and at long last, I FINALLY got a non-dupe. I was happy to finally get rid of my long hell, and then I realize... it never truly ends. Game uninstalled; I never spent my single cent but that lost time I spent on it was depressing.
I looked for more games and it's gacha upon gacha. I always wonder why the hell did gacha games have their lower their percentage nowadays. In the far past, they were sort of fair, (1%-10% for a unit). Now? 0.01%. That's like putting your bleeding hands in a piranha or shark tank and hoping you won't get bit.

I miss fun games where you have to unlock stuff. I guess good things have a end...

Anyway, autistic rant over. Gacha thread in general. Post your horror stories, scream a little, or what-have-you.

I Love Beef

Wandering Vagabond the 2nd. In memory
kiwifarms.net
As much as I want to curse and piss and act like the AVGN about gatcha games, I can't help but feel and state that they were naturally inclined to happen due to the state of current society and civilization.

Seriously, with how urban and fast lane Japan is, and how still reeling they are from the Lost Decade in hopes of bringing back 1980s Japan again, many of them don't really have a choice in terms of lifestyle to sit down and play at home or an arcade, and I'm not talking merely about karoshi salarymen. If you thought America was an instant oatmeal fast food rush hour wonderland, Japan is a precision machine that demands all attention to its functions and parts, and no one in that life really has the time to devote themselves to patience or developing the mindset to play a video game. Also something something gatchapon culture.

Smartphone touchscreen only games though, they can go get deleted for all I care.

Ad Lib Moaning

kiwifarms.net
Destiny Child has a decent gacha
I tried to get into it, but it just doesn't click. All that grind, and you just tap tap tap. The art is nice, though. Demeter is cute.

Understandable, I just wonder why gambling 'games' of all things. Power of waifus aside, it's just that I can't imagine going so far into additicion and an escape from reality that one man took a loan from a yakuza to get a unit from FGO(?), never got the unit after he blew it all, and then all traces of him disappeared.

Last edited:

Foxxo

OH LAWD HE COMING
kiwifarms.net
The Battle Cats was pretty darn fun, even if it hit a few awful grinding walls every now and then.
proxy.duckduckgo.jpg

• Feels
Reactions: Draza

I Love Beef

Wandering Vagabond the 2nd. In memory
kiwifarms.net
I tried to get into it, but it just doesn't click. All that grind, and you just tap tap tap. The art is nice, though. Demeter is cute.

Understandable, I just wonder why gambling 'games' of all things. Power of waifus aside, it's just that I can't imagine going so far into additicion and an escape from reality that one man took a loan from a yakuza to get a unit from FGO(?), never got the unit after he blew it all, and then all traces of him disappeared.
Well, Gacha is explained therein veritably for why it's pretty much like gambling. Remember when you were a kid and wanted something from the gumball machine, and some of them had collections that caught your eye, and you keep trying to get the one you want even after the first try? It's pretty much like that. Unlike real life gumball machines and gatchapon dispensers however, their dynamics do so to rig odds so you have to pour in money before you may or may never get that 1/1000000 waifu that is the best. Rarity value economy plus supply and demand plus artificial scarcity plus lot of the draw equals a lot of people with want who can and will be exploited.

In terms of culture, Japan and gambling love going hardcore hand in hand, much like kaizo ROM hacks and "You Must Die" difficulty settings. A lot of people there have both a love for intense skill and a love for feeling beyond destiny and heaven's will, and especially in the face of when they know the reality that life is at the controls of an utter cruel bitch god of misery, and there is something like that in Japanese Buddhism. Granted this doesn't entirely go for real gatchapon; sure there are rare editions but those are an acquired taste or have specific characters that have popular variants. Bring it to video games however, and you have a lot more to work with.

Psyduck

Gonna quack you up
kiwifarms.net
Opera Omnia has been good to me so far. Easy to save up gems, decent amount of rewards, pity nets...

Brave Exvius on the other hand...

• Feels
Reactions: Night Owl

Bonedome

Lookin' to dome.
kiwifarms.net
AFK Arena is decent, for what it is. I've spent about 26 bucks just because I've played for a few months and figured I'd go for the sweet gambling endorphins. The "investment" has honestly been garbage and I'd be at the same spot if I didn't spend money. You get gems for clearing boss stages, updates/bug-fixes, and each day/week from quests.

Just try to get a mythic+ Shemira and plow through multiple chapters in the blink of an eye.

ADN_VIII

My legs are OK
kiwifarms.net
I play three gacha games at the moment: Bleach Brave Souls, Azur Lane, and Girls Frontline.

BBS has a fairly unforgiving gacha with what I think is a 2% drop for 5* characters but has what is undoubtedly the best gameplay of the three as an isometric hack and slash RPG. I have to give it credit in that there's shit tons of ways to get spirit orbs to spin the gacha and there's next to no pressure to buy stuff. There's no popups when you fail a mission or die to buy something and the main menu doesn't shove the shop in your face either.

Girls Frontline has the strangest gacha system and also the least easy to use in that you drop resources into a blender in specific amounts and that influences what doll comes out the other side. However the gameplay is kind of boring since you just tell them where to go and then watch them fight as opposed to controlling them in battle. The gacha is the only way to get pretty much anything worthwhile since gear drops are scarce outside night battle and most dolls that drop from missions usually suck.

Azur Lane has the most generous gacha of the three I play but also the most frustrating since a lot of shipgirls share build timers and the late game, which demands certain ships and builds, can be very unforgiving unless you really build for it. What is nice is that most of the game can be cleared with just about any combination of ships so it's very low pressure for a really long time. The materials to get shipgirls are really generously given and you get like 5 per day so you could feasibly do 5 spins a day.

gachacunt

dudes with lizard heads, chicks with fat tats!
kiwifarms.net
Granblue Fantasy is a fucking grindfest of a mobage, but it gives out crystals like its goddamn candy. Helps that it has a two kinds of gachas with double SSR rates and has free-draw campaigns every two - three months.

I play Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls too, albeit casually. I play almost solely to get jpegs of cute girls and play songs. It's a fun rhythm game once you get the hang of it. I think the crystal generosity rate is roughly the same as GBF's, considering that both are made under the same company.

Lucille Bluth

kiwifarms.net
Can some explain to me what exactly these Gacha games are? The only one I’m somewhat familiar with is Gacha Life, which I believe seems to be a life simulator app/game of sorts..

All I know is that these videos inspire a lot of thread worthy cringey videos..

huckbeine

Umu waiting for padoru
kiwifarms.net
Can some explain to me what exactly these Gacha games are? The only one I’m somewhat familiar with is Gacha Life, which I believe seems to be a life simulator app/game of sorts..

All I know is that these videos inspire a lot of thread worthy cringey videos..
Gacha games are basically mobile games with Gachapon elements.

You know these things?? They are gachapon machines
20170717160404_596d42644eed6.jpg

put in some money, then you get a capsule toy in random. Thats what Gacha games basically are. Most, if not all gacha games are basically free to play games, but earn their money through players buying ingame currency for the gacha rolling

There are many gacha games, some like RPG, some like quasi-shmup, some like quasi-action rpg, but still there is an element of rolling the in-game currency to get a unit/weapon in exchange.

One of the games I play is F/GO which is a online only mobile RPG. Its basically an RPG, you grind exp, you grind materials, you go through the story.
maxresdefault.jpg

The gacha aspect of this game comes from trying to roll for party members. you basically spend the quartz you have (either saved from daily logins or bought with real money) and basically test your odds if the game will give you a good unit or not.

Another example is Dead or Alive Venus Vacation, its basically a Auto Beach Volleyball game. The gacha aspect of the game is from trying to roll for the swimsuits with the heart stones (either saved from daily login/quests or bought with real money)
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Of course, the randomness of the gacha rolls can make anyone seethe, as the probability of the highest tier equipment/units/whatnot in these gacha games can get as low as .03%. Yes, its .03%.

That is why there are some cringey art/videos about gacha, some are official, some fan-made.
comic_23.png

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino