Game of Thrones Thread -

Silent Observer

Some randy
kiwifarms.net
Remember when Adult Swim said RIP Game of Thrones writing? It feels like the spirit of Game of Thrones died in 2016, and now in 2019 we are finding out that it's soul is in hell getting assraped by Benioff and Weiss wearing the Lust Dildo from Se7en, probably doomed there for eternity because it (and by it I mean GRRM) committed the deadly sin of Sloth by not finishing the novel series.

Last edited:

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Hmm. It just occurred to me, that like the writers, I kind of forgot how the white walkers pretty much needed one of Daenerys dragons to take down the wall in order for them to pass. Then again, maybe they could have just had Jon convince Daenerys to come with him North along with her dragons (perhaps with him on one too just for some levity) to see that the white walkers did exist only of course to get ambushed. Certainly that would have been better than convincing her with cave drawings/etches. In fact, how was he able to convince her with some random cave drawings/etches...wtf. Seriously?
Nothing about the White Walker storyline makes sense.

Why didn't the Night King immediately kill Jon and Co. when they were trapped on that ice flow?
How did the Night King know to have anti-dragon spears with him when he confronted Jon above the Wall?
Why did Dany believe the White Walker invasion was imminent before the Wall fell?
How long was Dany planning on waiting for the White Walkers to breach the Wall before returning to her conquest?

Dany didn't learn about the Wall falling until she returned to Winterfell this season. Everything falling into place so perfectly was just a massive coincidence!

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Sob...

I actually disagree with this sentiment. Azula was always a bitch, but she wasn't just outright cuckoo either.

Oof. I know petitions are dumb and all, but I think they're a decent way for fans to show their frustration.

I'll be honest. I found this line cringeworthy for the writer's fetish for making the show jaded, overly brutal, and nasty, but this is so fitting now

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Nothing about the White Walker storyline makes sense.
Daenarys comes to Westeros a la Henry Bolingbroke with Dorne/Highgarden/Yara & her Ironborn in addition to the Unsullied & Dothraki backing her up. Without the White Walker/Night's King to make a dent in her plans it's a little too hard to start suddenly portraying her as crazy, unhinged and unfit to rule.

Martin has referenced the War of the Roses countless times and if he's using the York & Lancaster dynasties as reference most readers would assume that tyrant/disgruntled nobles = deposed monarch/new monarch crowned. I assume he's using the White Walkers to shake things up a bit. But in the hands of D&D it's executed badly and makes no sense; after all, the theme of the show was "Winter Is Coming" and in the end winter was just a couple of weeks of snow.

And nothing in the previous episodes prevents portraying Daenarys as a bad ruler and being deposed after taking the Iron Throne. It's not so much the denouement (glossing over the Others was a bad idea), its how they got there that's pissing off fans.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Martin wanted a low-fantasy, fake medieval world. Problem is, that shit is kind of boring with a little bit of fantasy to spice it up. He didn't like magic, felt it was a 'Deus Ex Machina', but magic is fine if you give it rules and structure. The problem is it sounded more like he wanted to make a pen and paper RPG than an actual story. The thing is he's getting completely lost with all these threads and it really hurts that he's needlessly verbose. He describes food in such detail you can make fucking cookbooks out of it.

There were definitely sci-fi elements with 'The Others' and Bran maybe even using time travel. But he's taking forever to decide what he wants to do with them. You're already going to have to incorporate fantastical elements, because that's what you wanted. You believed in pacifism more, so yeah, Dany is probably going to go crazy. Arya is probably not going to kill the Night King. Jon is probably not going to rule King's Landing.

My expectation for the ending is somewhat similar, except everyone is less re.tarded, the 'Prince who was Promised' actually has a role that makes fucking sense. The invasion of the living by the dead is going to be more fucked up and longer. And will probably end with a strained peace rather than an actual resolution. Who sits on the Iron Throne? My guess would be Sansa, because having who D&D sitting there would be the most fucking re.tarded thing on God's green Earth. Unless somehow that makes more sense.

But people who are predicting things and I'm just fucking laughing. The normies are completely unprepared for this. William Shatner guessed right, but Shatner is a fucking troll so my money is he read the spoilers.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Daenarys comes to Westeros a la Henry Bolingbroke with Dorne/Highgarden/Yara & her Ironborn in addition to the Unsullied & Dothraki backing her up. Without the White Walker/Night's King to make a dent in her plans it's a little too hard to start suddenly portraying her as crazy, unhinged and unfit to rule.

Martin has referenced the War of the Roses countless times and if he's using the York & Lancaster dynasties as reference most readers would assume that tyrant/disgruntled nobles = deposed monarch/new monarch crowned. I assume he's using the White Walkers to shake things up a bit. But in the hands of D&D it's executed badly and makes no sense; after all, the theme of the show was "Winter Is Coming" and in the end winter was just a couple of weeks of snow.

And nothing in the previous episodes prevents portraying Daenarys as a bad ruler and being deposed after taking the Iron Throne. It's not so much the denouement (glossing over the Others was a bad idea), its how they got there that's pissing off fans.
Honestly my interpretation of GRRM's historical allusion schtick was that it was a War of the Roses style civil war that slowly but steadily merged with a Black Death style apocalypse in the threat of the White Walkers, with various other bits of medieval and ancient world trivia scattered in for good measure

And by "Black Death style apocalypse" I mean something that straight up wipes out atleast half the population and causes major wars and conflicts to grind to a halt as those involved wind up dead or fled, but does eventually pass, and while the old conflicts start back up again the world is irreversibly changed as the surviving peasants wind up a whole lot more powerful and influential in the new order and combined with the decimation of the nobility this results in the medieval/feudal way of life steadily dying off and replaced with tentative steps towards modernity.

Assuming the whole "grand council" bullshit has some roots in GRRM's bulletpoints he gave D&D I suspect that what I mentioned will probably be a factor in the epilogue of the final book, and this kind of council will be paired with other things to show how westerosi feudalism is dying off

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Honestly my interpretation of GRRM's historical allusion schtick was that it was a War of the Roses style civil war that slowly but steadily merged with a Black Death style apocalypse in the threat of the White Walkers, with various other bits of medieval and ancient world trivia scattered in for good measure

And by "Black Death style apocalypse" I mean something that straight up wipes out atleast half the population and causes major wars and conflicts to grind to a halt as those involved wind up dead or fled, but does eventually pass, and while the old conflicts start back up again the world is irreversibly changed as the surviving peasants wind up a whole lot more powerful and influential in the new order and combined with the decimation of the nobility this results in the medieval/feudal way of life steadily dying off and replaced with tentative steps towards modernity.

Assuming the whole "grand council" bullshit has some roots in GRRM's bulletpoints he gave D&D I suspect that what I mentioned will probably be a factor in the epilogue of the final book, and this kind of council will be paired with other things to show how westerosi feudalism is dying off
He's referencing different Plantagenet personages throughout ASOIAF, Tywin reminds me of the Earl of Warwick at times then of the Duke of Gloucester at others. I think he maybe did intend the Others to be like the Black Death (which is clearly analogous to the Pale Mare illness in Slaver's Bay) in the societal change it forces upon the nobility and guilds/villeins. But Martin introduced dragons/fantasy, magic and Others/scifi elements and he's stuck in resolving the overall plot and conclusion.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
Hmm. You guys responses weren't as bad as I'd thought they would (then again I knew I was taking a wild stab there). On a side note, are any of you aware of Final Fantasy Tactics and if so what do you think of it vs Game of Thrones/A Song of Fire and Ice.

I personally prefer FFT. It was far more concise, straight-forward, didn't have pointless sex scenes or characters clearly spouting off one liners for the audience amusement (well except in battle), good characters and a good story with a sort of tragic feel for at least 2 characters but above all embraced the genre of the story Interesting enough, it came out over a year after ASoIaF started.
The sex scenes in GoT were an invention of the show, it's not as prominent in the books.
One thing that bugged me about FFT was that your allies are pushed to the sides once their story is over. Compared with Tactics Ogre (if you like FFT, you should check this out because same staff and all), they didn't get any closure in the epilogue. ASoIF gets the advantage of more fleshed out characters but since FFT actually finished, damn what a gutpunch of ending.
A peasant rises to the same nobility that shat on him by manipulating them, he had to kill his princess gf because she got paranoid, his best friend is MIA; he won the game of thrones but lost everything, his friend lost his nobility but gets to be with his remaining family and gets posthumously exhonerated.
Now that's how you subvert expectations, especially to a Final Fantasy fan who's used to happy endings.

Last edited:

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This video does a great job of explaining why Dany's descent into Mad Queen territory was so badly written:

Basically, the point is that it was foreshadowed, but there's not nearly enough character development to justify it. It should have been led up to for multiple episodes.

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net

Putting it up again because the first time I feel it got lost amidst the comments of the ep.

The video is old, but he pretty much got it. Just, you know...Better. No White Walkers turning into videogame thugs. And given more pacing to Dany's turn of evil, and well, following the themes of the story. Not just "SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS!" for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Love Soze

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Drumpf Dany is finished for sure this time.

Firehouse Strategies and 0ptimus conducted a national survey to learn more about what Game of Thrones fans think ahead of the series’ final episode:

Key Findings:

Who should rule Westeros?
: We asked respondents who they hope will sit on the Iron Throne when the season ends, and last week’s episode likely shifted a lot of opinions. Jon Snow is the fan favorite, with support from half of respondents:

Jon Snow – 50%

Arya Stark – 12%

Sansa Stark – 11%

Daenerys Targaryen – 11%

Tyrion Lannister – 10%

Someone else – 7%

In a deeply divided nation, Jon Snow has broad bipartisan support: 47% of Democrats and 55% of Republicans nationwide are rooting for him. Female viewers are more supportive of Daenerys (13%) than male viewers (8%). Older viewers are also more willing to forgive her misdeeds- 13% of viewers over 55 still support Daenerys, compared to 10% of viewers between 35 and 54, and 9% of viewers 18-34.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why is it so necessary to push politics in to a TV show about dragons and ice zombies?
BECAUSE THE PLEBS ARE STILL THINKING WRONG! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Why did the Trump Derangement syndrome tank GOT, and why did it leave MCU unscathed?
Kevin Feige is a fuckin' beast and knows to control every little aspect in order to ensure a quality product for the masses.

Also, he actually gives a shit.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino