Game of Thrones Thread -

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, they are just racing to the finish. There's no way they could work Baelish back into the narrative. He's gone.
The show just doesn't bother with the "I'm a dude pretending to be a dude pretending to another dude" stuff that the books have because it's confusing as all hell on screen. Look at Mance Rayder for an example of that.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The show just doesn't bother with the "I'm a dude pretending to be a dude pretending to another dude" stuff that the books have because it's confusing as all hell on screen. Look at Mance Rayder for an example of that.
Unless you count Arya.

I hope book Mance Rayder is ok...

Also I realized how much I hate Littlefinger when he was doing his “chaos is a ladder speech”. He was doing it right in front of Varys. The man who was in King’s Landing during Robert’s Rebellion, and the sack. He’s seen chaos, Littlefinger hasn’t. You don’t lecture Varys about chaos.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Unless you count Arya.

Also I realized how much I hate Littlefinger when he was doing his “chaos is a ladder speech”. He was doing it right in front of Varys. The man who was in King’s Landing during Robert’s Rebellion, and the sack. He’s seen chaos, Littlefinger hasn’t. You don’t lecture Varys about chaos.
I really hated him getting killed. Thought it was poorly executed. Since I'm under the assumption we'll never get the book end, my head canon we'll always be that Littlefinger comes out of this a head. He's a rat fink bastard and would of been one of the my favorite villains of all time if he's just so evil he wins with the heroes.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really hated him getting killed. Thought it was poorly executed. Since I'm under the assumption we'll never get the book end, my head canon we'll always be that Littlefinger comes out of this a head. He's a rat fink bastard and would of been one of the my favorite villains of all time if he's just so evil he wins with the heroes.
When you think about it, he already won. Westeros has been fractured. Three major families have been extinguished and the only one that has an heir is illegitimate, millions of lives have been lost, families have been fractured, innocent people have been forever scarred for a war started over a lie. Nothing can go back to the way it was, it will never be the same. Littlefinger accomplished his goal: he got chaos. He may be gone from the metaphysical realm but all the scars he left are there and will never heal. At most, he could whisper into Sansa's ear how Daenerys is crazy, but Sansa's become too smart to fall for his shit anymore.

But storywise, he has nothing on the white walkers: they have been established as the antagonists in the very first scene in the very first episode.
And because of Littlefinger, Westeros is less than prepared to face the White Walkers.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Littlefinger accomplished his goal: he got chaos.
You make Littlefinger sound like the Joker. He's not. Littlefinger doesn't tear shit down for fun. Rather, he tears shit down because a state of chaos allows people like him to ascend (hence "Chaos is a ladder"). Littlefinger has tangible goals. As for what those goals are, who can say? Lands? Titles? A red headed girl on his cock? Creating the most powerful telepath to have ever lived by mating Sansa and Sweetrobin? Its a mystery.

That said, the books end with Littlefinger in charge of one of the two remaining intact armies in Westeros, the (known) heirs to Winterfell and the Eyrie, claim to the Fingers and Harrenhal, plus a significant warchest. When the show picks up the story, he hands the heir to Winterfell to a psycho, spends his army retaking Winterfell in defiance of the Queen, and then leaves the heir to the Eyrie with his enemies while he dicks with two teenage girls for a few months. Oh, and he dies because his plan rested on the hope that two sisters living in the same castle wouldn't spend five minutes together comparing notes.

I don't mind Littlefinger dying because the house of cards he built inevitably collapses on his head, but holy hell, at least write it so it works without Littlefinger being forced to act like a complete fucking exceptional individual.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't mind Littlefinger dying because the house of cards he built inevitably collapses on his head, but holy hell, at least write it so it works without Littlefinger being forced to act like a complete fucking exceptional individual.
They should just have made it more clear that the sudden appearance of Arya (whom everyone thought to be dead) forced his hand and that the whole plot he was trying to pull off didn't work out due to that.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
No doubt! I'm on my third trip through the novels and I'm not looking forward to again getting blueballed by GRRM over that. I do think the pink letter has to be bullshit. Majorly hoping that its something like Cantuse's theories.

Too bad they didn't put one more season into the show so they could have done the Winterfell battle story properly.

Dogs can't look up

Once shit out of a moving car
kiwifarms.net
Unless you count Arya.

I am pretty sure that since they killed Mance so quickly in the show and didn't even bother with the Rattleshirt glamor angle, he's in fact done for in the books as well. Probably within the first Jon chapter after he comes back to life.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I am pretty sure that since they killed Mance so quickly in the show and didn't even bother with the Rattleshirt glamor angle, he's in fact done for in the books as well. Probably within the first Jon chapter after he comes back to life.
I am holding out hope that the books are radically different from the show based on 1) George's frequent citation of "the butterfly effect" in regards to changes made by the show, and 2) comments he made several years ago about rewriting significant sections of TWoW because of a "new twist" he thought up.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You make Littlefinger sound like the Joker. He's not. Littlefinger doesn't tear shit down for fun. Rather, he tears shit down because a state of chaos allows people like him to ascend (hence "Chaos is a ladder"). Littlefinger has tangible goals. As for what those goals are, who can say? Lands? Titles? A red headed girl on his cock? Creating the most powerful telepath to have ever lived by mating Sansa and Sweetrobin? Its a mystery.

That said, the books end with Littlefinger in charge of one of the two remaining intact armies in Westeros, the (known) heirs to Winterfell and the Eyrie, claim to the Fingers and Harrenhal, plus a significant warchest. When the show picks up the story, he hands the heir to Winterfell to a psycho, spends his army retaking Winterfell in defiance of the Queen, and then leaves the heir to the Eyrie with his enemies while he dicks with two teenage girls for a few months. Oh, and he dies because his plan rested on the hope that two sisters living in the same castle wouldn't spend five minutes together comparing notes.

I didn’t mean for him to sound like the joker. He got his chaos part, but he didn’t get the ladder in the end.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
The books started diverging from the show in season 2 and just did it more later on. Not that we'll ever know because the fat man won't write.

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
The way I've divided them is that the books are about the history of Westeros being recorded at the specific time the series takes place, the show is about the characters who are important at said time. That's how I keep them seperate, anyway

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
I can’t wait until the final five or ten minutes of the entire series, where it’s revealed this has all been a story told by samwell.
It's revealed to be a TV show filmed in modern day Westeros and as soon as it ends, it jumps to the news on Joff Lannister's speech at New King's Landing vowing to Make Westeros Great Again.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: iRON-mAn

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay so regarding the spoilers...

I am freakin' excited about The Hound's dragonglass axe. I wonder how it would affect the reanimated like his brother. I'm disappointed that Theon doesn't get a whole episode to rescue Yara. But I hope we see more of her. I like Yara. I also hope Dolorous Edd isn't dead. I know he's going to probably be one of the people who dies, but he's one of my favorite characters. I at least hope he has one more sarcastic thing to say before he dies or maybe he sets himself on fire so he won't become a wight. Like they could set Castle Black on fire to slow them all down.

Reactions: Chester Rigby

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
Some beautiful bastard leaked the first episode on youtube. It was taken down and I don't know if a backup exists anywhere, but here's a readable translation:

It wasn't the first episode, it was a video by a leaker, FrikiDoctor, who detailed the general plot if the first episode(s). I think he does subtitles for Spanish Game of Thrones as or something. He did the same thing last season. Last season every single episode was spoiled before they even aired.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino