Game of Thrones Thread -

AnAspieWithAVengeance

kiwifarms.net
It wasn't the first episode, it was a video by a leaker, FrikiDoctor, who detailed the general plot if the first episode(s). I think he does subtitles for Spanish Game of Thrones as or something. He did the same thing last season. Last season every single episode was spoiled before they even aired.
I remember this. I still have the notes on my laptop from a few years ago. I ended up ticking all the ones that made the episode and a cross over the ones that weren't.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
Why is it written so oddly? Can't he just basically write the outline of the episode without coming off like some moron.
It was translated from Spanish. I think that specific link was initially transcribed from auto-generated Spanish YouTube captions, then translated to English by Google Translator, then interpreted amd compiled by non-native English speaker.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I realized the major flaw in the whole Littlefinger paid a faceless man to take his face theory. The faceless men take their faces from dead bodies. They don’t magically turn into people, they need a discarded face first. So either the theory is complete horseshit or Littlefinger is hiding in Winterfell without a face. Which I now want to see.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
So I realized the major flaw in the whole Littlefinger paid a faceless man to take his face theory. The faceless men take their faces from dead bodies. They don’t magically turn into people, they need a discarded face first. So either the theory is complete horseshit or Littlefinger is hiding in Winterfell without a face. Which I now want to see.
The original Littlefinger theory was that he was a faceless man, which makes a whole lot more sense and poses a lot of interesting questions.

Let's say Petyr died from wound inflicted during his duel with Brandon Stark. Lysa, in her grief, hires a faceless man to replace him and take revenge. Brandon gets himself killed by the Mad King, so Lysa demands Eddard's life instead. Lysa and faceless man Petyr then hatch the scheme that triggers the events of A Game of Thrones. After Eddard is killed, faceless man Petyr maintains the identity because it puts him in the perfect position to assassinate other high profile targets. Finally, once his schemes begin unravelling in the north, he puts his face on some unknowing dupe and fucks off back to Bravos.

Alternatively, maybe the (((Iron Bank))) (in association with Bravos) hired the faceless men to replace Petyr for the specific purpose of putting the Iron Throne into debt. In short, the entire series was triggered by a globalist banking institution making a power play in a foreign land.

What?‽ You guys are goofy, there's no fake littlefinger plot, did you watch the last season? They can't even handle the subtlety of the idea that having characters that both know something acting like they don't know it just to fool the audience comes across as bullshit. Why were arya and sansa acting for so long like they believed littlefinger when they were the only ones there? The only possible reason was to fool the audience. But how fucking stupid do they think we are? It's like when they killed Jon Snow and then were like "No he's dead for realz, no way he's getting resurrected by the magic lady from the resurrection religion who just so happens to be in the same place.

That's the issue they're having after they got past the books. The character's actions are transparently treating the audience as a character. They do things for the only possible reason of misleading the audience. I mean, you don't want the audience to be able to see everything coming, but you really need to maintain the illusion that the characters are doing things for reasons that make some kind of sense.

Rumpled Foreskin

Would you pay a dime..to see this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What?‽ You guys are goofy, there's no fake littlefinger plot, did you watch the last season? They can't even handle the subtlety of the idea that having characters that both know something acting like they don't know it just to fool the audience comes across as bullshit. Why were arya and sansa acting for so long like they believed littlefinger when they were the only ones there? The only possible reason was to fool the audience. But how fucking stupid do they think we are? It's like when they killed Jon Snow and then were like "No he's dead for realz, no way he's getting resurrected by the magic lady from the resurrection religion who just so happens to be in the same place.

That's the issue they're having after they got past the books. The character's actions are transparently treating the audience as a character. They do things for the only possible reason of misleading the audience. I mean, you don't want the audience to be able to see everything coming, but you really need to maintain the illusion that the characters are doing things for reasons that make some kind of sense.
You know this is Multimedia, and not A&H, right?

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So what characters in the books do you wish were on the show? I like Arianne Martell and Arellas/Sarella. Also Balon Swann and Cortnay Penrose.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot Val.

Reactions: iRON-mAn

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
So what characters in the books do you wish were on the show? I like Arianne Martell and Arellas/Sarella. Also Balon Swann and Cortnay Penrose.

The show has a criminal lack of Patchface. Imagine getting to see Stephen Dillane's Stannis reacting to the antics of a checkerfaced jester babbling nonsense about under the sea.

More seriously, we should have had Wyman Manderly as an actual character as opposed to barely above an extra.

ICameToplaY

世界一かわいい!
kiwifarms.net

Jon Connington, Victarion Greyjoy, and Young Griff (Fake Aegon)

Edit: Despite only appearing in A Feast for Crows, I like Daven Lannister and Genna Lannister.

Last edited:

No creativity

kiwifarms.net
I'm usually not one to nitpick but
I kinda hate the scene where Theon saves his sister. They don't even show how he managed to sail past thousands other ship without being noticed or how he and his men managed to sneak on board of the flagship of a massive fucking fleet. It just happens. I guess getting your dick chopped off turns you into a ninja.
Normally I wouldn't even care because I know they have to end the series but you can't leave something like that unexplained. If they were hurting for time they could just have cut the five billionth "we muss fite together to saev the werld" speech or every single scene where Lyanna Mormont opens her mouth for the remainder of the series.

BanalEntropy

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else a little underwhelmed? I get that they have to get the setup and reunions out of the way but there are only 6 episodes so I'm worried about everything being rushed in the end.

AnAspieWithAVengeance

kiwifarms.net
Is it me or...

Is Dany seriously fucked after this episode? After telling fatboy about his family being barbecue, he then tells Jon his true identity. I think there, that maybe her undoing and she may be dead herself by the end.

The Bittersweet end George hints might be Jon taking the throne despite not wanting it, but having to kill Dany to do it in a betrayal judas-betrays-jesus type of way.

Reactions: Exterminatus

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dany's dead. Fatty's confession will get Jon on board and no doubt she'll do something monstrous in front of him too.
But yeah, underwhelming episode (par for the course, but it is the last series!) I hope for more in the next 5 episodes.

I'm also not really a fan of the new title sequence.

Reactions: SkeletonBias420

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
I dunno, I'm with Dany, those Tarly dudes definitely deserved to get flamethrowered in the face.

But I also don't see why this had to be done now. Like right now, telling Jon this matters so little, especially in regards to Bran who has always been about the threat of the Night King, and now as the army marches south, he's like 'oh, yea, go tell Jon he's the King in the north and the south and all the other directions too'. Just as Jon keeps telling Sansa, who holds what title right now is of such little consequence, when the dead are literally coming to kill them. It just feels like a plot point that's going to be put on hold for a couple of episode while they deal with the actual relevant threat because an endless winter is a much bigger deal that whether or not Dany was a little harsh on some prisoners to send a message.

Aside from that, I actually thought the episode was alright and I enjoyed it for the most part, especially in terms of episodes since the show surpassed the books.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino