Dramacow Gamergate / Depression Quest Shitstorm -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaimas

YOUR PEACEFUL LIFE IS NO MORE!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait, the game asks for paypal donations at the end? Didn't it initially cost like 2 bucks before it was changed to free? Meaning she initially intended you to buy the game and then also donate? Yeah, nah. Zoe is totally in it for the games. Totally.
1.png

Yep. She totally is.

Last edited:

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
I was about to make a big post about how this whole thing is changing nothing, making gamers look bad because the general public has been made to believe that the SJWs are the good guys, but suddenly HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER:
8IRoaTj.png

adambaldwinfightsback3_zps08eab3df.png

adambaldwinfightsback2_zpsab2eb327.png

adambaldwinfightsback1_zps9170dc65.png

PVS8dm7.jpg

adambaldwinshotsfired_zpseb4202b3.png

AvclY1J.png

Artard

Feels dispenser
kiwifarms.net
Wait, the game asks for paypal donations at the end? Didn't it initially cost like 2 bucks before it was changed to free? Meaning she initially intended you to buy the game and then also donate? Yeah, nah. Zoe is totally in it for the games. Totally.

The history of Depression Quest is kind of ambiguous. It's actually been available for a LONG time before this Steam thing in July/August 2014. I could have sworn seeing links to a similar CYOA-type game about "depression" posted on /r9k/ well over a year ago (with similar comments from wizards about how Chad with his girlfriend & friends couldn't really be "depressed").

It was only recently I realized realized Depression Quest WAS that game. It's been on the internet since February 2013 -- it even had several reviews and write ups by then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130215122425/http://www.depressionquest.com/

The only thing different then was the alternate paypal donations went to "patrick (at) pixelsordeath.com" and there's an embedded video announcing that it was launching on "Valentine's Day 2013" (the vid has since been deleted, but you can see the title on the embedded video at the link above).

When I realized DQ and the game I was thinking of was one and the same, I went through some old /r9k/ posts and ... well, some of these are pretty odd. Frankly it sounds like Zoe, or someone who "isn't Zoe but knows her" as people say when they're nailed sockpuppeting, was actively promoting it there, among those scary creepy wizard apprentices:

http://archive.heinessen.com/r9k/thread/S5681854
The first mention (in the archive, these things are not necessarily canon but the archive is pretty good). A mere two days after the domain was registered and one day after the "Valentine's Day 2013" launch. It got 1 comment 3 hours later, praising the creator as someone that had obviously gone through depression before. (That itself is pretty weird, considering 4chan negativity and /r9k/ being basically concentrated nihilism.)

http://archive.heinessen.com/r9k/thread/S5691311
Later that same day. Another post, another link, continual bumping because nobody posts for more than an hour. Takes off this time, though opinion is rather split, with the wizard viewpoint that the creator is a "normalfag" gaining the edge.

http://archive.heinessen.com/r9k/thread/S5707712
Hey what was the name of that game that people keep posting threads about? You'd think this game was a sensation based upon how often threads are being made about it on /r9k/. But it quickly dies again.

http://archive.heinessen.com/r9k/thread/S5708927
Two days after the game is released. /r9k/ just can't stop making threads about this game.... yet, for a game which /r9k/ couldn't stop starting threads about, /r9k/ doesn't really seem to have much to say about it. The threads are made, bumped a long time later, and die.

http://archive.heinessen.com/r9k/thread/S5818462
> Hey /r9k/, are you still playing Depression Quest?
This thread just looked awfully suspicious. Every criticism of the game is basically "addressed" by insulting the person making it. If you've spent any time reading the logs or Zoe's tweets, they read exactly like she writes. If you read nothing else in this thread, read the responses at this link. I couldn't get halfway down the page without believing for sure that it was her.

The intensity of posting the link to depressionquest.com never again reached this intensity that you can see in February 2013, a few days after the game launched. A few posters have posted about it, even started threads about it, but never again on that level and in such a suspicious pattern.

tl;dr is that Zoe Quinn was probably actively promoting this game among Wizard-types all along. She knows who they are because she always knew who they are.

Last edited:

Mechanism Eight

Give us eyes.
kiwifarms.net
I'd assume most, if not all of the threads were started by Zoe herself in order to feed her black-hole-hunger for attention and gratification. Wouldn't surprise me one bit, actually. Considering all the heinous shit she's pulled, this would just be another drop of water in the ocean of steaming idiocy.

teheviltwin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She got the wizards involved because a lot of the mainstream people have never even heard of them. She also knows they won't do any research (and why my entire social network timeline is filled with people bitching about misogyny and shit) so the happy little sheep will just go along with it to appear right on.

There is another possibility... Elliot the Supreme Gentleman. He managed to make a wider audience aware of wizards and gave the impression that they are not only misogynistic but that they also kill people. Now Zoe's life might be in danger! Quick donate to her Patreon.

Papaya23

#1 victim of GamerGate
kiwifarms.net
I'm tempted to play this game to see how bad it is but I know that's what she wants :<

Artard

Feels dispenser
kiwifarms.net
There is another possibility... Elliot the Supreme Gentleman. He managed to make a wider audience aware of wizards and gave the impression that they are not only misogynistic but that they also kill people. Now Zoe's life might be in danger! Quick donate to her Patreon.

Her "harassment" by Wizardchan predates The Supreme Gentleman by 5 or 6 months. It was dated December 12, 2013.

HpTwnYl.jpg

tehpope

My Face Everyday | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Attachments

• 1388879547289.png
    1388879547289.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
  • 1388879689698.png
    1388879689698.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
  • 1388879804011.png
    1388879804011.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • 1388879824574.png
    1388879824574.png
    719.1 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
D

DN 420

kiwifarms.net
I think one of the biggest things to stress at this point is civility.

I've been reading headlines about how Anita of FemFreq has gotten kicked out of her home due to trolls. Like this week.

When she was a big deal, people were focusing too much on being sexist MRAs as opposed to just calling her out on the fact she admitted to not knowing much about video games. She was able to play the victim card so well because so many people were just being hateful that she's still successful to this day.

This is what needs to NOT happen with Zoe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobalt

kiwifarms.net
My 2 wanted cents on this: I think the whole thing is retarded, yes what Zoe did is wrong but, no, she doesnt deserve to get harassed the same way Chris doesnt deserve to have weens call him and yell "IM BATMAN". She does deserve the criticism though, I mean, what kind of message is she trying to send to other women? "Dont give me shit about being dishonest and literally fucking people over because Im a girl?"

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My 2 wanted cents on this: I think the whole thing is retarded, yes what Zoe did is wrong but, no, she doesnt deserve to get harassed the same way Chris doesnt deserve to have weens call him and yell "IM BATMAN".
If Zoe didn't want to be harassed she shouldn't have tried to censor people and then ludicrously defend her positions whilst also trying her hardest to stamp out criticism of her actions. All while manipulating others for her own personal gain.

Zoe is a pretty clear example of the Streisand effect in full view. And I really hope future generations will learn not to lie to groups of people on the internet and expect to get away with it.
Gabe Newell said:
"One of the things we learned pretty early on is 'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet - because they will catch you.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.