Gamergate III: Rise of the Machines

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL
Status
Not open for further replies.

NegaCWC

kiwifarms.net
There are a number of reasons for appeal, among them not allowing them to subpoena Bubba the Love Sponge's testimony when he testified in deposition that Hulk knew the recording was happening, an important factual issue in the case.

Is the issue of whether or not Hogan consented to being recorded really that important? Colin Farrell sued his ex-girlfriend for unauthorized distribution of a video in which the two are seen having sex, and from the wikipedia description of the lawsuit it seems he had grounds to sue her (presuming she was indeed the one who distributed the whole thing). Keep in mind that there's no way in the world he can argue that he didn't knew he was being recorded, as he's the one holding the camera in the video. If Farrel had grounds to sue his ex in this case, why would it matter if Hogan knew he was recorded so long as there was an understanding between him and Bubba that the tapes were to be kept private?

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is the issue of whether or not Hogan consented to being recorded really that important?

Yes. Something isn't an invasion of privacy if you consent to it. There's still other issues, but it's a central issue in the case's factual findings that Hogan was unaware of there being a recording.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The invasion or loss of privacy is the willful public distribution of private materials that damage his reputation and public image which affects his livelihood as an entertainer.

Then that would be a different lawsuit where they were arguing about a different kind of harm.

If you record someone without their consent, you have caused them a legally cognizable harm even if you don't distribute it. It has to be assumed that at least some of the jury award is based on that harm. It would be impossible to disentangle them because the jury didn't make any special findings separating them out, and therefore, the fact that Gawker wasn't permitted to introduce evidence on this point is an error.

Or so they will be arguing anyway.

Cynical

The world sucks? Good.
kiwifarms.net
Then that would be a different lawsuit where they were arguing about a different kind of harm.

If you record someone without their consent, you have caused them a legally cognizable harm even if you don't distribute it. It has to be assumed that at least some of the jury award is based on that harm. It would be impossible to disentangle them because the jury didn't make any special findings separating them out, and therefore, the fact that Gawker wasn't permitted to introduce evidence on this point is an error.

Or so they will be arguing anyway.

Gawker jury's view on the verdict they rendered:

http://archive.md/RApVd

They consider it a privacy issue for Hogan and consider Gawker in blatant defiance of the order to take it down is the gist of it, and hope Gawker gets it's ass kicked on appeal.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm amazed this hasn't been posted yet.

DOAX3 came out, and Destructoid chimped out and gave it 1.5/10 because boobs are offensive to them.

The writer then had a complete meltdown on Twitter.

http://archive.md/RE7v6
http://i.imgur.com/3OxxfuP.png
Before I even clicked the link, I knew it had to be Jed Whitaker. He's essentially Destructoid's fifth-rate Jim Stirling and I swear they keep him around just for making shit pieces like this and keep up any web presence.

Case in point- here was another one of his more recent masterpieces in deep thinking.

maxresdefault.jpg

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

DOAX3 came out, and Destructoid chimped out and gave it 1.5/10 because boobs are offensive to them.

Jed is the guy who condemned people for non-PC satire humor then when people found videos of him jokingly calling women bitches and cunts used the same "It's satire" defense.

http://archive.md/DCoGo

He's a super smart guy and you should donate to his patreon. He's up to 22 dollars a month.

"I feel that I offer a unique perspective. I'm a part of the LGBTQIA+ community -- I'm a polyamorous bisexual, pansexual, Nintendosexual, whatever term you'd like me to use, all people can be sexy to me -- which is lacking representation in the gaming world. I also try to be as politically correct as possible, while also standing up for what is right and what I believe in. Some may call me a SJW -- which I believe stands for Sexy Jed Whitaker -- or a white knight, as if those are bad things."

This is also worth noting.

jeddora.PNG

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Before I even clicked the link, I knew it had to be Jed Whitaker. He's essentially Destructoid's fifth-rate Jim Stirling and I swear they keep him around just for making shit pieces like this and keep up any web presence.

Difference being; Jim's actually kind of funny while still being on topic (even his polyamoury became a joke in his videos) and this carries on even when effectively shit posting. He does say on his website how hilariously arbitrary his own scoring system is too.

Also, I have to wonder, with the lack of retweets and favs the apparent lack of interest from his twitter sperg-out points to him trying to blame a lot of folks for his own woes.

Aaaaaaaaand nobody gives a shit.

Xerxes IX

New cat, who this?
kiwifarms.net
"I feel that I offer a unique perspective. I'm a part of the LGBTQIA+ community -- I'm a polyamorous bisexual, pansexual, Nintendosexual, whatever term you'd like me to use, all people can be sexy to me -- which is lacking representation in the gaming world. I also try to be as politically correct as possible, while also standing up for what is right and what I believe in. Some may call me a SJW -- which I believe stands for Sexy Jed Whitaker -- or a white knight, as if those are bad things."
I guess Dobson's not the only one after that feminist china. That's what I got out of this.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'm always a little confused by this sort of thing. Why do feminist beta males assume women are traumatized by boobs? Do they not realize lesbian and bi women exist?

Spork

kiwifarms.net
I'm always a little confused by this sort of thing. Why do feminist beta males assume women are traumatized by boobs? Do they not realize lesbian and bi women exist?
But lesbians won't consider sleeping with him, and why would a bi woman want a woman when she can get a nice, sensitive beta male instead?

It's all about china.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, it's better than that. The game still isn't being released in the U.S. He imported, at his own expense. Destructoid doesn't even do import-only reviews (except this one).

This man literally bought something JUST to complain about it.

I'm expecting big things from Jed once he's no longer with Destructoid. He's got all the ingredients of a lolcow but just needs the right medium to show it to the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.