Gamergate III: Rise of the Machines

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZehnBoat

Jan. 6 Moment
kiwifarms.net
maxresdefault.jpg

IF YOU WANT A SAFE SPACE IN YOUR GAME YOU BEST PLAY A SINGLE PLAYER GAME BITCH
or just, you know, turn the thing off

NegaCWC

kiwifarms.net
I'm expecting big things from Jed once he's no longer with Destructoid. He's got all the ingredients of a lolcow but just needs the right medium to show it to the world.

IMO Jed will leave Destructoid only once the website dies (or alternatively in the case of Jed's pramture death but lets hope that doesn't happen). Destructoid has no reason to boot him out seeing that he works for no pay. He on the other hand will not leave Destructoid as I can't see any other website taking him in, for him it's either staying in Destructoid or going to an obscure website that likewise doesn't pay.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is only GG-related due to the group involved...

So Feminist Frequency's new video series is the same as its old series, only about history instead of video games. It's also half-funded.

View attachment 79959
https://www.seedandspark.com/studio/ordinary-women#story
Yeah, this was talked about a bit ago, and I've actually been watching this, mostly out of morbid curiosity to see how it will succeed/fail.

Fun fact - a large chunk of that - $25,000 worth, came from one sponsor who contributed just a couple of days ago- before then, it's been sitting at only 30%-40% funded.

I was actually expecting this to be fully funded weeks ago. Now they're entering their final week. I still think they'll make it, but it's gonna be close.

And if they don't get it, I'm sure they'll blame he usual suspects like Thunderf00t and the faceless phalanx known as Goobergate.

Cubanodun

Now augmented with Holodex
kiwifarms.net
So today my friends i bring you drama

Today in the Overwatch Beta feedback forum some kind of idiot posted a long rant about how a pose of the character Tracer is FUCKING PROBLEMATIC because yadda yadda children yadda yadda

The post in question

everyone was mocking the fucking idiot until the Game Director appeared and well... he gave up and bend his knee

7287fb60cd.png

Obviously people are fucking BLANGRY about it and the forum is now full of w33ning and demands of restoring the goddamn pose because they want their goddamn think NOWNOWNOWNOW

This is the pose that hurt the feefees

tracer-victory-pose-2-over-the-shoulder.png

For more hipocrisy Hanzo has the same pose, and no one say anything about it because he is male

e83a5ad044.jpg

The things in the forum are between I WANT MY FUCKING POSE RIGHT NOW and people saying that if necessary they are going to mod the game to include it

And they are making bets about how long until McCree is axed because he smoke, and how tobjorn is a bad representation of Swedish people

TB resumes this

Last edited:

Accel_Rider

kiwifarms.net

Today in the Overwatch Beta feedback forum some kind of idiot posted a long rant about how a pose of the character Tracer is FUCKING PROBLEMATIC because yadda yadda children yadda yadda

The post in question

everyone was mocking the fucking idiot until the Game Director appeared and well... he gave up and bend his knee

7287fb60cd.png

Obviously people are fucking BLANGRY about it and the forum is now full of w33ning and demands of restoring the goddamn pose because they want their goddamn think NOWNOWNOWNOW

For more hipocrisy Hanzo has the same pose, and no one say anything about it because he is male

e83a5ad044.jpg

The things in the forum are between I WANT MY FUCKING POSE RIGHT NOW and people saying that if necessary they are going to mod the game to include it

And they are making bets about how long until McCree is axed because he smoke, and how tobjorn is a bad representation of Swedish people

TB resumes this
I foresee nothing but bright futures for this game

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, this was talked about a bit ago, and I've actually been watching this, mostly out of morbid curiosity to see how it will succeed/fail.

Fun fact - a large chunk of that - $25,000 worth, came from one sponsor who contributed just a couple of days ago- before then, it's been sitting at only 30%-40% funded.

I was actually expecting this to be fully funded weeks ago. Now they're entering their final week. I still think they'll make it, but it's gonna be close.

And if they don't get it, I'm sure they'll blame he usual suspects like Thunderf00t and the faceless phalanx known as Goobergate.

This reminds me of right-wing website Free Republic. Half the year Jim Robinson, or as he is affectionately known, RimJob, shits on the userbase and does Stalinist purges to remove anyone who disagrees with whatever his whim of the month is. The other half, though, the site is practically unmoderated during what are called "freepathons" where they desperately beg for money.

Like FemFreq here, they usually state a target, and then, hysterically shriek about how they're not meeting their target to whip up more donations.

Somehow, by the end of the period, often with a couple large mysterious "donations," they meet their "goal" every time.

Nobody knows where these "donations" go. They certainly don't go toward improving the site, which has looked like hammered shit designed in the '90s since, well, back when it was designed in the '90s and looked like hammered shit.

Anyway, this is an old scam Anita is running, and has been run by political scammers across the spectrum.

Sinner

kiwifarms.net

The post in question

7287fb60cd.png

e83a5ad044.jpg

TB resumes this

Wow. Both sides are manchildren in it, and I don't know whether I could sympathize with any side on this matter. Sure, the removal of the pose is stupid, but does it fucking matter to the gameplay of Overwatch?

MiloWuCollusion

kiwifarms.net
So Japan is not even safe of shitstorms in glass of water, Star Ocean gets censored:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201826

Bonus: Look how many people in Neogaf try to use is "she looks like a minor" or "People should not bitch about changes even when it affects both markets".

This is only GG-related due to the group involved...

So Feminist Frequency's new video series is the same as its old series, only about history instead of video games. It's also half-funded.

View attachment 79959
https://www.seedandspark.com/studio/ordinary-women#story

I will say that I would not trust Anita in doing legit research or trying to explain hiatory in a way beyond superficial academic feminism (Fuc Fact: the history teachers of my college hate gender studies approach to history, most history teachers in my college are female but hate the fuck out of this interpretations) .

StallChaser

Wolf-Souled Individual
kiwifarms.net
So Japan is not even safe of shitstorms in glass of water, Star Ocean gets censored:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201826

Bonus: Look how many people in Neogaf try to use is "she looks like a minor" or "People should not bitch about changes even when it affects both markets".

I will say that I would not trust Anita in doing legit research or trying to explain hiatory in a way beyond superficial academic feminism (Fuc Fact: the history teachers of my college hate gender studies approach to history, most history teachers in my college are female but hate the fuck out of this interpretations) .

We're going to start seeing articles about "historybros" or some other made up nonsense about how the history community is full of shitlords, because they dare to fact check or provide context. It's pretty much guaranteed that it'll happen. It happened in atheism and gaming, and people were completely blindsided in both communities. Every time it happens, SJWs gain a new set of permanent enemies, and the damage only accumulates. I, for one, look forward to the crazy new drama that will be historygate. Especially since there's probably not much crossover between history and gaming, and it'll be a whole new set of people gradually discovering that they've run afoul not of activists with legitimately held beliefs, but of a cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.