Games Journalism General -

I think people are a little miffed that reviewers/streamers are only allowed to show pre approved footage until so close to launch that people wont have time to cancel preorders. It's ME:A all over again where the devs know they can't trust their product.

I will respect any video game reviewer that admits that cyberpunk is a early release beta.

Last edited:

Jones McCann

Who was ground down in the end
gaymejewnalists.jpg

Water-T

Tess Holliday front butt
True & Honest Fan
LOL. Cyberpunk 2077 presold 8 million copies.

Polygon and Kotaku cried crocodile tears to no avail. Just pointless reeeing into the void.

Hopefully other game developers take notice and realize that bending the knee for troons who don't buy video games is a waste of time and money.

Edit: after spending months painting the game as Tranny Murderer 3000, now 60% of Kotaku's front page articles are about the game. Funny how it was this evil game by tranny murdering Nazis, but now that it's the new hotness, they're trying to milk ad revenue and clicks from it.

Never stop being shameless hypocrites, Kuntaku.

Last edited:

TheMadAutist

Null put me in horny jail!
LOL. Cyberpunk 2077 presold 8 million copies.

Polygon and Kotaku cried crocodile tears to no avail. Just pointless reeeing into the void.

Hopefully other game developers take notice and realize that bending the knee for troons who don't buy video games is a waste of time and money.
The game is a bug filled mess. "Buying unfinished games to own da libs!" Congratulations, you played yourself.

Water-T

Tess Holliday front butt
True & Honest Fan
The game is a bug filled mess. "Buying unfinished games to own da libs!" Congratulations, you played yourself.
You're missing my point here. I never said the game was good or worth buying. I'm not a right-winger either.

My point is that Kotaku and Polygon's issues with the game were never about the bugginess. They cried and cried about CDPR being gamergate Nazis and that buying the game was akin to murdering 1 billion trannies.

I could at least respect it if they actually addressed the many shortcomings of the game, instead of whining about the 0.01% of troons whose fee-fees got hurt because there weren't enough girldick options in the character creator.

TheMadAutist

You're missing my point here. I never said the game was good or worth buying. I'm not a right-winger either.

My point is that Kotaku and Polygon's issues with the game were never about the bugginess. They cried and cried about CDPR being gamergate Nazis and that buying the game was akin to murdering 1 billion trannies.

I could at least respect it if they actually addressed the many shortcomings of the game, instead of whining about the 0.01% of troons whose fee-fees got hurt because there weren't enough girldick options in the character creator.
You started off laughing that CP2077 pre sold 8 million copies before saying PolyTaku ree'ed into the void. If I missed your point it was because you got lost on your way to making it.

The game is a buggy mess and people who pre-ordered it should feel ripped off, yet like you they are celebrating PolyTaku being BTFO'd. You, and others, should criticize PolyTaku for their idiocy but also CDPR for their utter coding ineptitude.

Water-T

Tess Holliday front butt
True & Honest Fan
You started off laughing that CP2077 pre sold 8 million copies before saying PolyTaku ree'ed into the void. If I missed your point it was because you got lost on your way to making it.

The game is a buggy mess and people who pre-ordered it should feel ripped off, yet like you they are celebrating PolyTaku being BTFO'd. You, and others, should criticize PolyTaku for their idiocy but also CDPR for their utter coding ineptitude.
It's not my fault that people bought the game despite all the signs that it was going to be a trainwreck after 8 years. I mean, if gamers learned nothing from Duke Nukem Forever and its 10+ year long development cycle, or the fact that CDPR forced streamers and reviewers into a highly restrictive NDA until the very day of release, then they never will. It didn't help that Kotaku and Polygon focused more on "OMG AN EXTRA DAY OF WORK IS SLAVERY!" and "REE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH TRANNIES IN THIS! REE REE!" instead of focusing on the actual game itself.

As I said, my point isn't that the game sold despite its flaws. It was going to sell regardless because gamers love them some hype. My point is that game "journos" cried and cried and cried for months (if not years) about pointless virtue signalling as opposed to the game itself. No 1 curr about tranny fee-fees, Nathan Grayson.

But what else could we expect from the same journalists who championed Mass Effect Andromeda despite being a buggy pile of garbage, merely because its developers had The Right Opinions (tm)??

Megaroad 2012

CELEBRITY PRESIDENT COMING THROUGH.

Learn to read because you're definitely living up to your name.

TheMadAutist

Learn to read because you're definitely living up to your name.
Learn to use the shriveled bean in your skull. Just because PolyTaku were going on about troonBS doesn't mean its a good thing 8 million units were sold of a buggy fucking mess! Imagine if gamers didn't buy into the fucking hype and we started getting complete games free of bugs since developers learned they couldn't pull the day 1 patch bullshit anymore. Naw, fuck that because PolyTaku was ree'ing about troons.

Learn to use the shriveled bean in your skull. Just because PolyTaku were going on about troonBS doesn't mean its a good thing 8 million units were sold of a buggy fucking mess! Imagine if gamers didn't buy into the fucking hype and we started getting complete games free of bugs since developers learned they couldn't pull the day 1 patch bullshit anymore. Naw, fuck that because PolyTaku was ree'ing about troons.
Stupid bitch. Stop being a pussy.

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
The lady who accused Kuntaku of exploiting her account of sexual assault way back in early 2020 (http://www.nathalielawhead.com/cand...ring-your-metoo-with-kotaku-a-cautionary-tale) has returned after Cecilia D’Anastasio apparently showed up in Forbes's 30 under 30 (which raises a lot of questions about Forbes but I digress). She wrote a blogpost back in December:

Then CD responded by calling her a liar and a stalker which made her even madder:
Untitled.jpg

I'm curious to see if there'll be any kind of blowback to any of these allegations or if Kuntaku will just try and continue ignoring them.

Moral of the story here is don't trust Kuntaku with sensitive issues, stupid.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
The lady who accused Kuntaku of exploiting her account of sexual assault way back in early 2020 (http://www.nathalielawhead.com/cand...ring-your-metoo-with-kotaku-a-cautionary-tale) has returned after Cecilia D’Anastasio apparently showed up in Forbes's 30 under 30 (which raises a lot of questions about Forbes but I digress). She wrote a blogpost back in December:

Then CD responded by calling her a liar and a stalker which made her even madder:
View attachment 1828363

I'm curious to see if there'll be any kind of blowback to any of these allegations or if Kuntaku will just try and continue ignoring them.

Moral of the story here is don't trust Kuntaku with sensitive issues, stupid.
Lawhead is in the right, if it's the same shit I remember. They were never on the record and Kotaku follows the same skeevy nonsense that Gawker did.

Plus Lawhead has receipts.

Water-T

Tess Holliday front butt
True & Honest Fan
Kotaku is going to keep quiet about this because they don't want to upset their "we believe all women!" narrative.

Unlike Brianna Wu and Zoe Quinn, Nathalie has the receipts to prove that Cecelia lied to and exploited Lawhead and the other women that Cecelia cited in her article.

Since no one has brought it up, I assume everyone just forgot USgamer existed as I did. They shut down on the 31st of Dec 2020 and seem to have been a US version of Eurogamer. Their closure probably has to do with their parent being ReedPOP; they are responsible for various conventions like PAX and NY comiccon. With IRL conventions not likely being a thing for a good while and digital ones not faring well you can see why they need to trim the fat. There is also a lot of overlap with their other sites and I can easily see the next underperforming property going under in the coming year.

As to the article itself: pretty much the standard fart sniffing affair. I will say they're one of the few that can legit say covid cost them a job by virtue of their parent being so involved in conventions.