Games Journalism General -

albert chan

Not the fifth turtle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh my fucking god she's STILL trying to justify her hypocrisy.
View attachment 1913760
Tweet link:
https://twitter.com/girlfromcanada/status/1359941734369812486

Archive:
https://archive.md/wip/qvLJC

The complaints got to her so much she made an entire damn article about it.

The article:
https://www.cgmagonline.com/2021/02/11/objectification-vs-attraction-in-video-games/

Archive:
https://archive.md/IBfb8

She just refuses to let this go and admit her faults.
It’s impressive that she still cares about playing a remastered version of Mass Effect, despite the fact that I doubt she was ever a fan of the original trilogy.

Oh, and something something they're changing a camera shot to not have Miranda's ass taking up a quarter of the frame, aren't they wonderful and progressive and woke?
Still won’t change the fact that rule34 artists and modders can change that dramatically

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
miranda's ass?
asseffect2.jpg

The camera angle came off as a bit strange at the time but the worst thing was that the ass looked and stretched weird and even at the time I thought that maybe they shouldn't focus on close-ups. If the reason they ditched the angle was "urgh, too much work to get right" it would be fine but marketing can't sell that. It would be fun if that is the real reason, them being cheap is sold as "woke".

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1916531

The camera angle came off as a bit strange at the time but the worst thing was that the ass looked and stretched weird and even at the time I thought that maybe they shouldn't focus on close-ups. If the reason they ditched the angle was "urgh, too much work to get right" it would be fine but marketing can't sell that. It would be fun if that is the real reason, them being cheap is sold as "woke".
Oh no, this was absolutely 100% on purpose. If you do a rule of thirds over the image, one of the intersections (also known as power points) falls right on her ass:

asseffect2.png

The center of an image should always be empty space. But you see Miranda's ass right on one of the intersection points. This has nothing to do with retarded male gaze, its just aligned where your eyes focus. It is right there in frame. It might be the model or something like that. But its hilarious, that intersection point is right on dat ass.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I have no idea where else to put this so I'll post it here.

Game journalist Mary Gushie, known for the incredible article "How Toxic Online Culture is Affecting Women" had a mini meltdown on Twitter after getting called out on being a hypocrite in regards to sexualising and objectifying women.
>hair color that does not occur in nature
>opinion disregarded in its entirety

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
Oh, shit, no multiplayer? Hard fucking pass, then.
Bioware really doesn't want money, do they? Sure, servers are expensive, but that cost gets paid off by the lootboxes. It's also a relatively straightforward job of improving textures just a little bit, which is also a license to get lazy in spots. Instead, they gotta make all kinds of edits for people to go WTF?

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
:story: :story: :story:
EuIuJD-XUAkW3ss.png

CONTEXT: Anita finally acknowledges a woman she herself and her mean girls clique got blacklisted from video game journalism for having bigger tits making actually well thought out videos on gaming culture and feminism.
2021-02-14 19.39.47 twitter.com 53b4177eb8ed.png

2021-02-14 19.39.17 twitter.com 5facccaf447f.png

2021-02-14 19.44.23 twitter.com 7be08b4e0d18.png

It's just funny 'cause she was scared shitless of Liana for years, had her blocked, refused to debate with her, pretended she didn't even know her, yet she finally replies to her now only to paint her as a harasser (even though by Anita's logic women can't be harassers because somthing something male privilege).
Wonder if that has anything to do with Joss...

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Anita hunty, maybe if you didn’t act like a retarded sped during Activision meeting, you still have a “career.”
I highly doubt that, worse sales in the games she "consulted" on would've eventually tipped publishers off on her being the Anti-Midas at some point. Her losing her shit at that meeting just accelerated the inevitable decline of her grift, and only hopeless dickheads like Neil Druckman would bother giving her the time of day anymore (all assuming that he doesn't get shitcanned or ousted as a typical Male Feminist at some point).

A_Callow_Youth

Moonposting Martyr
kiwifarms.net
Anita hunty, maybe if you didn’t act like a retarded sped during Activision meeting, you still have a “career.”
I highly doubt that, worse sales in the games she "consulted" on would've eventually tipped publishers off on her being the Anti-Midas at some point. Her losing her shit at that meeting just accelerated the inevitable decline of her grift, and only hopeless dickheads like Neil Druckman would bother giving her the time of day anymore (all assuming that he doesn't get shitcanned or ousted as a typical Male Feminist at some point).
I'm sorry, I missed that part. What happened, and please tell me that there's a video. The last thing I remember hearing about her was the bitch fit she threw at Sargon.

TheMadAutist

"We're all mad here."
kiwifarms.net
In hindsight both Sargon & Boogie deserved it. Not because of vidyagames but because they are awful people, especially Boogie that fat sick fuck.
In foresight Sargon sat there to antagonize Anita. Yea, shes a bitch but Carl of Applebees kbew what was gonna happen. If he sat in the back and she pointed him out, then he would have an actual point. 2 shitty people being shitty only further polorized the issue.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry, I missed that part. What happened, and please tell me that there's a video. The last thing I remember hearing about her was the bitch fit she threw at Sargon.
I don't know if it's the same event. When Anita went to EA to "consult" on the Mirrors Edge reboot, she did something that pissed off the entire dev team. I don't remember anyone saying exactly what happened. The Mirrors Edge reboot was a flop. Her consulting gigs (at least with EA) dried up after that. Iirc, when EA was doing charity hand outs at a later time, Anita was mad on Twitter that Feminist Frequency wasn't on the list.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it's the same event. When Anita went to EA to "consult" on the Mirrors Edge reboot, she did something that pissed off the entire dev team. I don't remember anyone saying exactly what happened. The Mirrors Edge reboot was a flop. Her consulting gigs (at least with EA) dried up after that. Iirc, when EA was doing charity hand outs at a later time, Anita was mad on Twitter that Feminist Frequency wasn't on the list.
Also not related to the original inquiry, but apparently when she was brought in to "consult" for Anthem, a good chunk of the development team didn't want her there at all.

Anita's fall I don't think can be tied to any one, specific moment (unless I missed something big) but rather several smaller instances like this and the fact that every game she's been publicly attached to performing poorly.