Games Journalism General -

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That would seem to be a clear example of an underpriced product if it keeps selling out no matter how much they make.
The problem is no one is buying them at scalper prices. Only 1/3rd of PS5s have been activated. So they're just sitting around collecting dust while scalpers artificially decrease supply.

Also, these consoles are always sold at a loss because software and subscriptions and shit like that are where the real money is. So Sony's machines getting scalped is actually costing them money. Its like the 3000 series of cards, which don't really exist.

And now nobody is buying them at scalper prices because their MSRP has gone up due to tarrifs. So most people are just waiting. Actually, graphics cards in general don't even exist right now because nearly everything is either scalped or sold out.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty sad, arcades were a big part of the charm of visiting Japan for me a couple of years back. Especially the ones that had older machines still. It was great seeing a bunch of salarymen, probably on their lunch break, having a Street Fighter II showdown with some 12 year olds.
That. . .actually sounds strangely wholesome and adorable at the same time.
The problem is no one is buying them at scalper prices. Only 1/3rd of PS5s have been activated. So they're just sitting around collecting dust while scalpers artificially decrease supply.
Fuck scalpers, fuck console peasants.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net

Also, these consoles are always sold at a loss because software and subscriptions and shit like that are where the real money is. So Sony's machines getting scalped is actually costing them money. Its like the 3000 series of cards, which don't really exist.

And now nobody is buying them at scalper prices because their MSRP has gone up due to tarrifs. So most people are just waiting. Actually, graphics cards in general don't even exist right now because nearly everything is either scalped or sold out.
oh man graphics cards are a whole extra level of retardation because you have miners piling on and adding cryptofuckery to the mix where some scalpers won't accept anything except crypto.

ahhhhhhhhhh.jpg

Secret Asshole

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
oh man graphics cards are a whole extra level of retardation because you have miners piling on and adding cryptofuckery to the mix where some scalpers won't accept anything except crypto.

View attachment 1948543
Yeah, it is insane. People are just waiting for the next crypto crash. Currencies purposefully code against mining specific cards because they have no resale value for miners.

Though I didn't buy my card for mining, it really is fucking nuts how much you can make if you don't give a shit about your card's shelf life. I'm doing it because fuck it. I bought one card and I want to make a bit of money back. With my settings so I don't destroy my card, I still earn a decent amount. I cannot even imagine what some people are making. That's why its impossible to find them.

I mean jfc, the 3090 is going for 2k+ and the 3080 is 1,500. Now with NVIDIA making a mining card, I don't even know how that's going to work.

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it is insane. People are just waiting for the next crypto crash. Currencies purposefully code against mining specific cards because they have no resale value for miners.

Though I didn't buy my card for mining, it really is fucking nuts how much you can make if you don't give a shit about your card's shelf life. I'm doing it because fuck it. I bought one card and I want to make a bit of money back. With my settings so I don't destroy my card, I still earn a decent amount. I cannot even imagine what some people are making. That's why its impossible to find them.

I mean jfc, the 3090 is going for 2k+ and the 3080 is 1,500. Now with NVIDIA making a mining card, I don't even know how that's going to work.
the whole mining thing is only because it can harm them in the long run with fucked-up cards being set on the sideline market, they pretend they care about gamers and introduce some silly "protection" that will be bypassed by miners since they do biosmod on GPU's already. imagine some 3080 biosmodded being sold for dirt cheap only to die quickly because it was forced to mine on the chinese storages... AMD hasn't said anything yet about minerfags but we'll need to wait and see.

PCGamer doing a "juicy" piece again, comments closed as usual per some internally retarded classification of temperature on the topic

Secret Asshole

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the whole mining thing is only because it can harm them in the long run with fucked-up cards being set on the sideline market, they pretend they care about gamers and introduce some silly "protection" that will be bypassed by miners since they do biosmod on GPU's already. imagine some 3080 biosmodded being sold for dirt cheap only to die quickly because it was forced to mine on the chinese storages... AMD hasn't said anything yet about minerfags but we'll need to wait and see.

PCGamer doing a "juicy" piece again, comments closed as usual per some internally retarded classification of temperature on the topic
I mean, It depends. If it was in a Chinese mining farm, then probably, yeah. If its like mine, my GPU temp is at 55C. Apparently the 3080/3090 memory runs REALLY hot and has shit cooling (the fans don't cool it because of its placement). Its the memory temp that worries me, so I do weekly benchmarks to see if its getting fucked or losing performance. I also under-volt the card, so its getting less voltage. So my used 3090 will probably outlast a mining farm's one. You might have to replace a fan or two, but that's with any card and not isolated to mining. That's the difference, you don't know what you're getting.

I even do CPU mining (which is nowhere near as profitable) at 57 degrees C and low power. So honestly, it depends on who you're buying from. Because I'm just looking to make my money back from the card/computer and gaming when I'm not, its not going 24/7 at max.

The 3060 was released today and it instantly got snatched up by bots. I searched ebay, and there's no entries yet. So its either crypto miners or scalpers waiting to have them in hand.
Does anyone really give a shit? Like really really, besides 3 people on Twitter?

Last edited:

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
It's the same shit happening in the west, corna has decimated malls, theatres and other public locations. They go out of business and then the real-estate get immediately bought up by conglomerates to turn into other spaces or get torn down. Once the arcades are gone, they're not building new ones.

which has nothing to do with relevance, unless someone wants to claim malls in america going under means "the west is declining in relevance".

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
which has nothing to do with relevance, unless someone wants to claim malls in america going under means "the west is declining in relevance".
It kinda does, because these were mainstays for a long ass time and for many of the arcades to be closing up means the company can no longer afford to keep them open. They're being forced to retract from a ton of areas and industries where they formerly were a presence.

I guess influence maybe would have been a better description.

I want crypto to crater simply to spite the people that ruined the hardware market. I hope the sun slaps the Earth with an EMP.
It's going to only get worse, because it's infested every aspect of PC gaming including piracy.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
It kinda does, because these were mainstays for a long ass time and for many of the arcades to be closing up means the company can no longer afford to keep them open. They're being forced to retract from a ton of areas and industries where they formerly were a presence.

I guess influence maybe would have been a better description.

yes, that's how the market shifts constantly and consolidates. but corona isn't a natural market force, every retail location is gonna go under if you put it under lockdown and tell your population not to go outside.

and no. arcades haven't been "influential" for ages, less in japan and not at all in the rest of the world. another big arcade going down is sad to see, but it's still a japanese retail location mostly frequented by japanese, so it existing or not has no bearing outside japan.

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
It's telling we haven't seen any major journalism into why both the PC hardware market and console market have been so shit. Gotta focus on identity politics and clickbait headlines to their effective blogs.

Both RAM and power supplies were heavily scalped and under produced the last few years. People literally caught the RAM producers colluding to raise prices, yet not much could be done since only a handful of factories on the planet make RAM and are sourced in countries with weak industrial regulation. Power supplies mysteriously started drying up pre covid when we know all the major manufacturers were open and producing.

It's going to have long term consequences. Lack of supply and scalping have lead to only about 1/3 of all ps5's actually being activated. Concurrently, the 30xx launch is effectively nonexistent in 'what cards are players using' readouts. That's going to really screw over developers and force them to develop for the 5 year old 10xx cards that most consumers have been sitting on instead of upgrading.

The industry could really be on the verge of fucking itself irreversibly.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

D is for Doomposter
kiwifarms.net
Is not even been confirmed and there is already like 40000 articles shitting on the new harry potter game because no matter what they do or bitch or moan or complain they cant touch Rowling and buying the game will be literally giving money to her to kill trannies

Screenshot_55.png

The comments are full of "is to late, this should be standard but i'm not going to buy it anyway because it will fund know tranny mass murderers"

I hope the game is a sucess to rub those fuckers in the wrong way

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Is not even been confirmed and there is already like 40000 articles shitting on the new harry potter game because no matter what they do or bitch or moan or complain they cant touch Rowling and buying the game will be literally giving money to her to kill trannies

View attachment 1963491

The comments are full of "is to late, this should be standard but i'm not going to buy it anyway because it will fund know tranny mass murderers"

I hope the game is a sucess to rub those fuckers in the wrong way
Trans inclusive character creation just means allowing both male and female VA's as a selectable option regardless of body type. Beards on women have been a mainstay for many character creators for eons now, there really isn't much else they can do to expand.

The VA's themselves won't be trannies though, so you're still picking through male and female. Even if you get a tranny VA it's going to sound like a man or a woman.

You're kinda stuck at that point and can't drive the gendertrain any further.

Cubanodun

D is for Doomposter
kiwifarms.net
Trans inclusive character creation just means allowing both male and female VA's as a selectable option regardless of body type. Beards on women have been a mainstay for many character creators for eons now, there really isn't much else they can do to expand.

The VA's themselves won't be trannies though, so you're still picking through male and female. Even if you get a tranny VA it's going to sound like one or the other.
The amusing thing is that the bitchfest is not about the gameplay, or the game,or the plot or anything, all the hate is concentrated in the fact that Resetera and cia dont want to give money to rowling, and mind you the article like always is clickbait, is a rumour from another source that is not even been confirmed

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
The amusing thing is that the bitchfest is not about the gameplay, or the game,or the plot or anything, all the hate is concentrated in the fact that Resetera and cia dont want to give money to rowling, and mind you the article like always is clickbait, is a rumour from another source that is not even been confirmed

this, wb is big (and corporate) enough that they can shit on it, and they do want to sell it to kids/teens after all. so unless I see a gender slider in the launch version, I'm gonna take that with a huge grain of salt.