Games Journalism General -

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
this, wb is big (and corporate) enough that they can shit on it, and they do want to sell it to kids/teens after all. so unless I see a gender slider in the launch version, I'm gonna take that with a huge grain of salt.
Considering that it's Polygon, they're probably being paid by WB to write stuff that will garner inflammatory responses as a way of generating hype.

Advertising is mostly galaxy brains with 4D chess at this point.

Having a gender slider also does nothing except make the body looks more masculine or feminine which is what all character creators wind up doing anyways.

Now the real problem is fat people, fat people never worked well with rigging systems and they had to design a bunch of support rigging systems just for fat characters. And if it has a real cloth modifier applied to the geometry it gets even worse.

Vyse Inglebard

Is it over already?!
kiwifarms.net
And now nobody is buying them at scalper prices because their MSRP has gone up due to tarrifs. So most people are just waiting. Actually, graphics cards in general don't even exist right now because nearly everything is either scalped or sold out.
don't forget PC has GPU Miners buying everything, no one is safe from these pests.
No fucking kidding. Just to test this knowledge, I looked up the price of the graphics card I have in my PC I built a year ago - a Radeon RX 5600 XT (the Sapphire Pulse model). It was $300 when I bought it a year ago. Guess how much it is now?

Eye-Watering Price.png

Fuck scalpers. Fuck 'em hard and raw.

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
Now the real problem is fat people, fat people never worked well with rigging systems and they had to design a bunch of support rigging systems just for fat characters. And if it has a real cloth modifier applied to the geometry it gets even worse.
I dunno, I made a pretty thick girl in Saint's Row 3 (that's the one with the techno gang, righr?) and she turned out alright. Then again, the clothing in that game doesn't have the most realistic physics.

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
No the character creator was really limited when it came to that. Anything that starts to resemble Shrek as a body type needs extra helpers for the rig. Or you're going to get odd looking animations and things cutting into each other.

View attachment 1965858
you also need some realism, being ultra fat and having no movement speed penalties is kind of retarded.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
That's kind of why the rig needs to be more elaborate, fat people jiggle when they run and it will be especially visible when they swim. Fat deforms more frequently and over a wider area than normal muscle groups.
Proper softbody physics and physically simulated animation would solve all of that. There would still be some really fun problems, give an AK to deathfat and let the animation figure out how to hold it with both hands while the body changes shape as the two arms try to meet. Or picking something up from the ground, the animation system concludes that it is possible when standing up so it tries. Bending over and ton of fat and flab falls forward and blocks the path to the medkit. Then they tip over and fall on their head and can't get up if it also calculates the weight shifting around.

Realistic representation of fat people would turn out to be a realistic depiction of fat people.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
So Superbunnyhop released a new video and this man looks like shit. In the pic below I thought it was intentional because he's doing an ad for sex toys, but then I checked out his previous video and yeah, it's not a gag he really does look like a diseased mess now instead of a generic soyboy.
1617751861653.png
April 2021
1617752021715.png
January 2021

Megaroad 2012

SHORT AND GAY.
kiwifarms.net
So Superbunnyhop released a new video and this man looks like shit. In the pic below I thought it was intentional because he's doing an ad for sex toys, but then I checked out his previous video and yeah, it's not a gag he really does look like a diseased mess now instead of a generic soyboy.
View attachment 2065241
April 2021
View attachment 2065245
January 2021
Well he began hanging aound Kotaku kunts and having them write his videos iirc so he probably put his dick in something nasty and is dieing of aids lol.

In seriousness, I used to watch him until I was just done of the academic pseudo-intellectual jackoffery around the Metroid 2 remake (THE ENDING IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE U THINK ABOUT GENOCIDE.... really doubt people working on a gameboy game was thinking about that 30 years ago). I think that's when I noticed more than just his name in the writing credits.

Before it felt like his own opinions and I liked the independant nature of his work but now he wants to play with the "big boys" (whatever that means).

Noticing from a glance to see what exactly he's put out in awhile that his output seems lower and his views have barely been breaking 100k.

Last edited:

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Well he began hanging aound Kotaku kunts and having them write his videos iirc so he probably put his dick in something nasty and is dieing of aids lol.

In seriousness, I used to watch him until I was just done of the academic pseudo-intellectual jackoffery around the Metroid 2 remake (THE ENDING IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE U THINK ABOUT GENOCIDE.... really doubt people working on a gameboy game was thinking about that 30 years ago). I think that's when I noticed more than just his name in the writing credits.

Before it felt like his own opinions and I liked the independant nature of his work but now he wants to play with the "big boys" (whatever that means).

Noticing from a glance to see what exactly he's put out in awhile that his output seems lower and his views have barely been breaking 100k.
Started to really notice him becoming farther left with this one.

Nearly an hour long and from what I remember starts sperging about gamergate shit or something. Stopped bothering with his channel after that.

A little bit later he apparently put this out.
Because apparently strategy games somehow incorporate this?

Now he's into psuedointellectual stuff that has been talked to death.

He's breadtube lite now and going forward I expect a troonout, especially with how bad he's looking and his massive drop in viewership. It's a shame, he was one of the better video essay types before he bought into intersectionalist lines of thought. Too many of these people are either terminally online or move to areas full of marxists types and slowly lose what made them... them.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
Started to really notice him becoming farther left with this one.

Nearly an hour long and from what I remember starts sperging about gamergate shit or something. Stopped bothering with his channel after that.

A little bit later he apparently put this out.

Now he's into psuedointellectual stuff that has been talked to death.

He's breadtube lite now and going forward I expect a troonout, especially with how bad he's looking and his massive drop in viewership. It's a shame, he was one of the better video essay types before he bought into intersectionalist lines of thought. Too many of these people are either terminally online or move to areas full of marxists types and slowly lose what made them... them.

Super Bunnyhop's "Media Literacy" video is fifty minutes of him playing the part of Game Journlism Defense Force along with Jason Schreier, staying well away from any mention that the entire field has been taken over by pushy, cliquish Leftists.

There's also this one in which he shills hard for game dev unions, not only suggesting Hollywood to be a good role model in this regard, but also immediately promoting Game Workers Unite, the most transparent bunch of power-hungry Marxists imaginable:

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
Generally speaking, pollution in city builders exists either as an plot point or to make you care about placing your houses downwind from your factories. It's essentially another chart that the average player has to care about as opposed to being part of an political narrative.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Generally speaking, pollution in city builders exists either as an plot point or to make you care about placing your houses downwind from your factories. It's essentially another chart that the average player has to care about as opposed to being part of an political narrative.
Generally pollution exists, but that's not exactly the same thing as displaying rising sea levels, which is implied by that title. I don't think I've heard of any strategy games doing that.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
I think the fall started in 2015-2016, when his review of the year had a cheap shot at Brexit and maybe Trump. It felt like his videos started to decline after that. I was never a fan of his, but people seemed to like him. After that video, I rarely heard of him brought up in conversation.

There's also this one in which he shills hard for game dev unions, not only suggesting Hollywood to be a good role model in this regard, but also immediately promoting Game Workers Unite, the most transparent bunch of power-hungry Marxists imaginable:
That video stood out to me for two reasons:
  1. The "indie devs" he interviews are all nobodies who's "games" aren't games. One of the games shown is you tear pages out of a book, put them in a paper shredder, and the screen tells you some guff about memories or something.
  2. Everyone wears the same shirt.
I know it's an old joke that these people come off an assembly line, but it's really distracting.