Games Journalism General -

Duncan Hills Coffee

Not a normal human
kiwifarms.net
I think the fall started in 2015-2016, when his review of the year had a cheap shot at Brexit and maybe Trump. It felt like his videos started to decline after that. I was never a fan of his, but people seemed to like him. After that video, I rarely heard of him brought up in conversation.
You should have seen his Facebook at the time. I followed him because I was a fan of his work, but as 2016 rolled on he got more and more deranged regarding Trump. I distinctly remember him reacting to the debates saying that we're gonna have our first "baby president."

I mentioned this in another thread, but there was also that time he tried to post a "hot take" where gaming journalists didn't have to be good at video games, and when people disagreed he followed up saying that it's weird that people have to be good at video games to report the news about them in a hilariously blatant attempt to shift goalposts.

2016 really drove a lot of good content creators to insanity.

BrokenWokenBespoken

kiwifarms.net
You should have seen his Facebook at the time. I followed him because I was a fan of his work, but as 2016 rolled on he got more and more deranged regarding Trump. I distinctly remember him reacting to the debates saying that we're gonna have our first "baby president."

I mentioned this in another thread, but there was also that time he tried to post a "hot take" where gaming journalists didn't have to be good at video games, and when people disagreed he followed up saying that it's weird that people have to be good at video games to report the news about them in a hilariously blatant attempt to shift goalposts.

2016 really drove a lot of good content creators to insanity.

Unfortunately they managed to keep the alt right out of dominating the media narrative, you would believe that Trump would sink billions of dollars for his allies to invest in providing propaganda beyond QAnon by trying to sink journalists everywhere, but nope. They held firmer than a tub of lard in the cold as games keep pushing political narratives and Go Woke, Go Broke was soundly proven "wrong" with TLOU2

BrokenWokenBespoken

kiwifarms.net
Instead of the usual social justice troon journalist, I have decided to focus on what is effectively the last remnant of Billy's legacy in fighting for Boner Culture via Pete Davison/MoeGamer/RiceDigital and defacto PR head of PQube. Pete focuses on covering niche ecchi/hentai games that no one but his two closest friends play in a futile bid to attain legitimacy in an industry so thoroughly crippled by social responsibility and a desire to look smarter than the other guy.

The only advantage of Pete is unlike Billy he isn't gonna commit financial suicide by writing a traitor's list of America.

BuckBumble

kiwifarms.net
At least unlike Billy the dude's married and does this as a hobby, I think. I'm pretty sure it's not his main job ever since USGamer let him go (why was a UK based British dude in "US" gamer anyway?).

BrokenWokenBespoken

kiwifarms.net
At least unlike Billy the dude's married and does this as a hobby, I think. I'm pretty sure it's not his main job ever since USGamer let him go (why was a UK based British dude in "US" gamer anyway?).

USGamer was part of Reedpop which was owned as part of a British conglomerate. So they shuffle Pete into US Gamer and he was a round peg in a square hole that lost his job because people believed he was a creep

Megaroad 2012

SHORT AND GAY.
kiwifarms.net
Jason Schrier lies about Squeenix getting bought out, Squeenix calls that shit out. What else is new? received_959026061538262~2.jpg

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Jason Schrier lies about Squeenix getting bought out, Squeenix calls that shit out. What else is new?View attachment 2093087
Schrier may have been paid by Microsoft for a bunch of fluff articles, but it looks like he shot both his feet out in the process. Like he should have kept his level of bullshit to smaller targets, but he done fucked his career up good with this.

All that Square Enix did was cut a deal for some of the final fantasy games to appear on their gamepass service and he went and took that further that microsoft is buying Square Enix itself. But not as a rumor but as a 100% fact.

KEKMUHLORD

kiwifarms.net
Jason Schrier lies about Squeenix getting bought out, Squeenix calls that shit out. What else is new?View attachment 2093087
What a hack. When a fucking Japanese company is forced to release a statement calling a western journalist out.....

You know that western journalist fucked up. What the fuck was he even thinking bullshitting/lying about this shit?

Absolute idiot.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
What a hack. When a fucking Japanese company is forced to release a statement calling a western journalist out.....

You know that western journalist fucked up. What the fuck was he even thinking bullshitting/lying about this shit?

Absolute idiot.
He's been the sole source of "MICROSOFT IS TOTALLY GOING TO TAKE JAPAN GUYS" and it's clearly showing that he found the scent of his own farts far too intoxicating.

I probably have more versions and releases of Cold Steel 1 and 2 than there are of Skyrim, and there has been zero falcom games coming out on Xbox. The entire thing was wishful thinking because this is the 4th time this claim that has been made that this scenario is totally going to happen because Phil Spencer liked a tweet with an anime girl in it.

I mean the Xbox Twitter account had praise for Re: Zero and liked a picture of Rem and therefore this meant that they're totally going to get Re:Zero as an exclusive series. But then a few days later Sony finalzied the deal with Crunchyroll and soon after the Re:Zero VN was announced and there was no Xbox copy coming.

So it's like unless I start seeing shit it's all fake. You have a better chance at Banjo Threeie than Microsoft getting any major japanese exclusives.

Last edited:

Inquisitor_BadAss

The only person who fell for Nulls April fools
kiwifarms.net
Schrier may have been paid by Microsoft for a bunch of fluff articles, but it looks like he shot both his feet out in the process. Like he should have kept his level of bullshit to smaller targets, but he done fucked his career up good with this.

All that Square Enix did was cut a deal for some of the final fantasy games to appear on their gamepass service and he went and took that further that microsoft is buying Square Enix itself. But not as a rumor but as a 100% fact.
So more then likely FF 7 - 9 going Xbox if they weren’t already?

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
That Square statement gives them a lot more leeway than you think. He didn't base his article off of an announcement (no fucking duh) and Square hasn't received an (official) offer to be purchased, a little less no duh but still plenty of wiggle room. I'm not saying he's right but this statement very deliberately is not saying he's wrong.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jason "Dragon Crown's Sorceress is for lolicons" Schreier
View attachment 2093719
It's really such a shame people like that didn't win the culture war.

And man, even 2013 was so much better than today, because back then you had more pushback from people like that, before SJWs learned they can just label it all "Gamergate" and win the argument by default.

It just breaks my fucking heart what has happened, how the assholes won, at least for now.

What is the source of those posts by the way? Do we know who the post is today?

ltlftp

kiwifarms.net
It just breaks my fucking heart what has happened, how the assholes won, at least for now.
I get the sentiment as obviously SJWs/woke people are insanely annoying but they haven't really accomplished a whole lot that matters, I don't even consider it a win. Japan gives absolutely 0 fucks and is still putting out plenty of "problematic" games. These people are essentially reeeeing into a void. Even in this specific case, Dragon's Crown got a PS4 release in 2018 and had no censorship whatsoever and 13 Sentinels came out last year and still has plenty of big anime tiddies and high school girls barely wearing pants if that's your thing. We're nearly a decade from when all the Dragon's Crown yelling happened and Vanillaware is still just doing their thing.

All they've really effected is western game development which is currently shit right now. But considering how many games keep losing money that won't last forever. It's already been discussed in this thread multiple times but even the big western companies are starting to realize listening to these people is just costing them money.