Games Journalism General -

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
he done fucked his career up good with this.
I doubt it. This asshole's got DSP levels of teflon coating protecting him. He's embarrassed himself (and his various employers) so many times with his incompetence, malice and stupidity and suffered no consequences, and if he hasn't been fired and blacklisted from the industry by now because of it, he never will be.

BuckBumble

kiwifarms.net
He's been exposed helping cover up a "rape" (Neogaf owner) and cheerleading going maximum overjew pro-Israeli child killer on muslim children on LueLinks, if that doesn't get him cancelled in his circles, he's fucking invincible.

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
He's been exposed helping cover up a "rape" (Neogaf owner) and cheerleading going maximum overjew pro-Israeli child killer on muslim children on LueLinks, if that doesn't get him cancelled in his circles, he's fucking invincible.
not really invincible, dude is kind of a rat king for leftism journo shit.
once the journo industry starts being necked then you can say that.

Wingnut

WARNING: Remove before flight.
kiwifarms.net
I doubt it. This asshole's got DSP levels of teflon coating protecting him. He's embarrassed himself (and his various employers) so many times with his incompetence, malice and stupidity and suffered no consequences, and if he hasn't been fired and blacklisted from the industry by now because of it, he never will be.
He must have some really worn out knee pads.

Vesperus

Libera Te Tutemet Ex Inferis
kiwifarms.net
kek:
Screenshot.png

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
I got on twitter and noticed that Giant Bomb is trending, oh boy.
Top thread on r/giantbomb:
Brad, Vinny, and Alex are leaving giant bomb
I attached some tweets that confirm this. Until it's all ogre, Giant Bomb will keep on trucking, I know that, but, this does feel like a very significant hit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-04 Home Twitter.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-04 Home Twitter.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2021-05-04  Giant Bomb - Twitter Search Twitter 2.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-04 Giant Bomb - Twitter Search Twitter 2.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 44
  • austin.png
    austin.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 44

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
I attached some tweets that confirm this. Until it's all ogre, Giant Bomb will keep on trucking, I know that, but, this does feel like a very significant hit.
Giantbomb is fucking 100% done.

I wonder what happened where they all gave the same notice at the same time and what they were working through for several weeks.

My guesses
- The parent company doing some housecleaning and getting in front of issues related to getting everyone back into a single studio again. They don't (and never really got it off the ground) have the staffing need for 2 locations so they would have likely looked to melt down the east location and condense the remaining staff into a single west location. Vinny probably doesn't want to move (again) now that he's got kids and Alex/Brad might look at him leaving (and whatever he's going to do next) as a sign that it's time to move on.
- Giantbomb sucks at retaining talent and Vinny/Brad/Alex probably realized they could do the twitch/youtube variety streamer route and keep much more of the money for doing the same job. GB let them all walk (like they always do).
- Jeff and Vinny want to "quit while on top" but Jeff wants to be the last one out of the door at Giantbomb. First one in, last one out.

Either way, this feels like a long time coming - RIP Giantbomb.

Also, please RIP. Please don't fucking try and do Giantbomb longterm with Jeff and fucking Matt Roarie.

F_Break

kiwifarms.net
Curious if this is just the parent company trying to cut costs or if there's an actual schism behind the scenes. Seeing the same woke skinwalkers that helped ruin the site throwing their support behind them doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in any future projects.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
This is obviously an outcome of the sale of Giant Bomb from CBS to Red Ventures last year and the new owners' desire to consolidate them down to just the west coast office.

In other news, Jason Schreier is currently doing a reddit AMA. Here's a couple of his replies I found amusing:
1620158851418.png

1620158875330.png

Someone ought to ask him if he can name a single conservative working at a major game news outlet, considering what he said a year ago about the report on a domineering, politically-motivated clique gatekeeping game journalism.
1620159394013.png

KEKMUHLORD

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if anyone will ask Jason about his report that Square Enix is being bought out he made a few weeks ago? You know, that thing made Square Enix release a statement stating that was bullshit.

Jason is a hack. Fuck him and fuck anyone who has respect for him as a "journalist".

Absolutetense

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if anyone will ask Jason about his report that Square Enix is being bought out he made a few weeks ago? You know, that thing made Square Enix release a statement stating that was bullshit.

Jason is a hack. Fuck him and fuck anyone who has respect for him as a "journalist".
Wouldn't Square have a case for a lawsuit here? I'd bet their stock prices took a hit after that fucker wrote this bs.

Win98SE

kiwifarms.net
It's unfortunate that there's nobody to pass the torch off to at Giant Bomb. I think Jeff gets one opportunity here to hire new talent and hope the audience takes a liking to them, otherwise it's over, 100%. The other option of course is to shut it down, but Jan, Jason, and Rorie haven't said they're leaving yet.

They had amazing content for years. I'll miss the shit out of those live E3 shows.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone ought to ask him if he can name a single conservative working at a major game news outlet, considering what he said a year ago about the report on a domineering, politically-motivated clique gatekeeping game journalism.
Given reddit's general tendency towards gobbling journoscum cock at every opportunity, I doubt hard questions are being permitted. Expect instant deletions by the mods of any attempt to ask questions like these.

JabbasAnalFissure

kiwifarms.net
Curious if this is just the parent company trying to cut costs or if there's an actual schism behind the scenes. Seeing the same woke skinwalkers that helped ruin the site throwing their support behind them doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in any future projects.
Anything the woke skinwalkers get behind is destined to be an abject failure.

It is obvious they stopped giving a shit years ago. I give them credit for riding the corpse of that dead site for as long as they did.

Super Hans

kiwifarms.net
Wouldn't Square have a case for a lawsuit here? I'd bet their stock prices took a hit after that fucker wrote this bs.

Unless that ratfuck literally came out and said "I knowingly and with malice made a false claim in order to tank Square Enix's stock price' he's protected by law. Libel laws in the US are so weak they might as well not exist.

Vapid_Idiot

kiwifarms.net
It's unfortunate that there's nobody to pass the torch off to at Giant Bomb. I think Jeff gets one opportunity here to hire new talent and hope the audience takes a liking to them, otherwise it's over, 100%. The other option of course is to shut it down, but Jan, Jason, and Rorie haven't said they're leaving yet.

They had amazing content for years. I'll miss the shit out of those live E3 shows.
They did, but it really went downhill around 2019. Dan Ryckert and Abby Russel were the last bastions of creativity for the site. They just got burnt out, lazy, or both. I remember even the last few years pre-pandemic, all they did annually for every year was bitch and moan about having to travel to E3 for coverage, or bitch and complain about having to create GOTY content. Well guess what dipshits, its your job, and broadcasting your malcontent for giving your viewers news coverage on games and gaming events is a bad look. Content basically just dried up into nothing but streaming games, and there are twitch/youtube people that earn far more and have a much larger audience that do the same thing.

I remember maybe not even 4-5 years ago, they all kind of collectively shit on streamers, as if they were above them because they have corporate contracted salaries and video editing degrees. Well guess what motherfuckers, looks like those streamers just blasted right past you guys.

Don't even get me started on the wokeness and bullshit that festered in the site when they hired that cuck Patrick Klepek and that fat fuck Austin Walker.

They had this coming.

Jimjamflimflam

kiwifarms.net

Vinny is great
Brad was annoying dota fag
Alex was just a fag

Maybe Jeff should just give up on modern gaming and do a retro game channel instead. The video he had of playing old games and talking about them was far better than anything GB put out in their woke years