• "I saw some art of a girl with a ridiculously huge horsecock that and I just positively adore it"

Games that push your PC to the limit

Discussion in 'Games' started by Doc Cassidy, Apr 15, 2017.

1. cemu?

Sims 3 was horribly optimized which makes it run odd on just about everything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Kiwi Jeff

Kiwi Jeff Growing Form
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Yeah.

• Like Like x 1
    Doc Cassidy

Doc Cassidy Notorious Bum Driller
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. I noticed that too. At first I thought it was because my PC was shit but its not the case lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    DrainRedRain

DrainRedRain please be patient i have autism
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I run a 1070 with a 6600k i5 and Black Desert Online cripples my video card, it's honestly the only game I can't play on ultra or max settings. Probably because those fucking Koreans can't optimize for shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    RoboticRichardSimmons

RoboticRichardSimmons Robotic Weight Saint
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Well any of the Total War games if you are playing some stupid high numbers of men on the battlefield to have exceptional fights

kiwifarms.net
  6. Planet Coaster, oddly enough. Every time I start that game my video card fans start up like a jet engine.

I think it's the shadows... which look like ass in the first place.

OwO What's This?

OwO What's This? Punished "Bulge" Noticer
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Probably a bit out of left field, given that the base game is from 2006, but Star Wars: Empire at War's Remake mod seems to be ass raping a lot of reasonably high end hardware. People with OC'd 6700K's report getting <30 fps.

Looks beautiful, too.

PTNR 2.0

PTNR 2.0 [showering intensifies]

kiwifarms.net
  8. Cities Skylines will put your system through its paces once you build up a fairly large city.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Add in the improved traffic AI mod. Then you'll be crushing anything below 4 physical cores.

Jackass RN

Jackass RN Schmuck in Scrubs
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Minesweeper and Freecell

• Feels Feels x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. I'm assuming this is stuff that pushes without massive lag, so I'll say Mass Effect 2. I need to play in bursts because otherwise my laptop auto-shuts-down because of overheating.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Vrakks

Vrakks You are huge! That means you have huge guts!

kiwifarms.net
  12. I would have to say 2016 DOOM because I put it on Max 1080p, the game looks awesome but my GTX 1060 is screaming for help every time I play the game.

H4nzn0

H4nzn0 It's Simple Shitposting

kiwifarms.net
  13. I've only installed a few dozen plugins for New Vegas and my computer runs like shit during firefights.

Vex Overmind

Vex Overmind Genetic Super-Soldier of Program X

kiwifarms.net
  14. No one should be using a desktop with less than 4 physical cores.

On the main subject of the thread, Ghost Recon: Wildlands is mine. I've yet to see a PC that it doesn't perform horribly on; my RX 480, a friend's GTX 1070, and another's 980 ti all struggle to keep it at ~45 fps at 900p max settings, no matter what CPU I use.

• Informative Informative x 1
    The 25th Cyberman

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Any ubisoft game in the past 4 years are pretty demanding, especially Watch Dogs 2 with its volumetric fog option. AC Unity actually runs pretty well now on modern hardware but it also really doesn't like to play nice with newer nvidia drivers released after they ditched support for that game. People have already mentioned Planet Coaster but funnily enough Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 has the exact same problem despite being 14 years old and having pretty blocky visuals even for the time- create some coasters and a swimming pool in sandbox mode, set the time to 3X and watch the FPS plummet as guests start flooding in

• Informative Informative x 1
    chadmuska

chadmuska What if you had a gun?

kiwifarms.net
  16. Arma 3... Enough said.

Chuck a few mods in and have a large enough battle, pretty much tanks 99% of computers... I doubt even NASA computers could run it smoothly

kiwifarms.net
  17. Oh yeah, another newer game that can chug down computers is Escape from Tarkov, crank the settings up and watch the FPS drop in game, should be noted that the game is still in development and being optimised on a regular basis

kiwifarms.net
  18. Yes, but can it run Crysis?

Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy it was me

kiwifarms.net
  19. Pretty anything, that's why I have my PS4

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    kiwifarms.net