Games You Both Love and Hate - When you just aren't sure how you feel

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

American Lollinator Mace

Dykes! Dykes! PUSSY!!!
kiwifarms.net
The original Kingdom Hearts before the series turned into a giant incomprehensible clusterfuck. The graphics are an early-PS2 mess, the story was clearly written for the under-tens...yet the gameplay itself is a lot of fun, whether I'm smacking around Heartless, solving puzzles, or going up against bosses.
Fuck Atlantica, though. Just...fuck Atlantica.

Nazi vegeta

kiwifarms.net
Ninja gaiden 2 on 360: game could have been the best action game of the generation, but it was plagued by various technical problems and had clearly been released in an unfinished state. While you play you can get glimpses of what it could have been and it's sad. It's still good though.

Red Hood

Vote for me
kiwifarms.net
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is fantastic. Except for the duels, which, while an improvement from the crack-the-keyboard-in-half frustration of Bound in Blood, are still lame. The game has a couple of good boss battles, can't I substitute that for the duel?

Fallout 3 and Deus Ex: Invisible War are both fun games. But they're crappy compared to the other games in their series. My feelings are much more clear on FO4, as it takes every bad thing about 3, ignores New Vegas' improvements, and adds The Sims to the mix.

Last edited:

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon. Played through Sun and Moon and was surprised by the decent story, some clever writing and enjoyed the gameplay. Brought a copy of Ultra Sun for fun and was disappointed.

I know Gamefreak does this shit with their games all the time, but Ultra Sun and Moon while better than Sun and Moon, just sucked the life out of me a bit. The game runs better and looks sleeker with more side quests and content, but the story was completely butchered, one of my things about the original games. Hell, they took out essential character development scenes for no reason. The gameplay is Pokemon so I know what I'm expecting, but for a "remaster" it's really lackluster compared to other games like Platinum or Emerald. However, if you'd ask me to play this or another 3ds Pokemon game, I'd probably pick this game over it.

So really, I had the same fun as before, but I still had issues.

NARPASSWORD

The furry shemale with the Star Fox avatars
kiwifarms.net
Metroid Prime 2.
The Good: Great visuals, cool dark world concept, awesome music, improved gameplay from Prime 1, Multiplayer (good for a distraction, at least), cool lore
The Not So Good: Boss fights that feel like an eternity (also fuck the Spider Guardian), said dark world constantly draining health, beams now requiring ammo, less interesting areas.

Red Hood

Vote for me
kiwifarms.net
Any multiplayer game, because of exceptional individual teammates.
People not cooperating and just treating the game like a deathmatch pretty much killed Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Then they'd get pissed that they couldn't win and leave the community.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rayman 1 on the PS1

the graphics and music are fuckin A, but man are the levels so poorly designed at the halfway point, and it pulls a lot of unfair shit you'd see in a Mario World hack, the worst part is you gotta 100% the damn game to even get to the final world and final boss

Preach! That game was a part of my childhood and in terms of graphics and controls, it has aged brilliantly.

It gets ridiculous by the time you enter Bongo Hills though. The game just does not give a fuck by that point.

I guess for me, I sorta both love and hate the 3D Sonic games, even 06. Yeah, they aren’t very good games on a lot of levels, but the music is usually fantastic, and 06 has that kind of “So bad it’s good” kind of appeal to it.

Dogs can't look up

Once shit out of a moving car
kiwifarms.net
Battlefield 1. 50/50 love hate, right down the middle. I finally pulled myself away from it for good a few weeks ago and am never going back (easily done considering 5 is better anyway, and BF2 will be out soonish).

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
World of Warcraft

Never has a game entertained me so much, kept me busy with loads of content but also brought about hatred for random humans I should not feel over video games. Blizzard baffles me with how they make great design decisions alongside horrible ones too.

Captain Toad

Captain of the Toad Brigade
kiwifarms.net
I love Fire Emblem games with all my heart. But good lord is my luck absolute shit with this series. My units usually get pretty crummy level ups and love missing their attacks that should be hitting 98% of the time. Don't even get me started on the 1% enemy crits. The games can be real assholes, but I can't help but find myself going back to them every time.

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
I love Fire Emblem games with all my heart. But good lord is my luck absolute shit with this series. My units usually get pretty crummy level ups and love missing their attacks that should be hitting 98% of the time. Don't even get me started on the 1% enemy crits. The games can be real assholes, but I can't help but find myself going back to them every time.
I'm experiencing this in Conquest. My pride won't let me play below hard but I feel so horrible when I'm doing well only to make a stupid fuckup, lose a unit and have to reset. Don't get me wrong, I love it but a really horrible loss will leave me not wanting to play again for a while, especially when I spend a long time on a map. Xcom has a similar effect on me as do 4x games like Civ.

Your Sexy Futa Sister

Bai bai! Maybe I'll try again some day!
kiwifarms.net
Kingdom Hearts 1&2, definitely.

Also, the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 looks terrible. But I'm still going to buy it because I don't know.

K

KO 864

kiwifarms.net
Final Fantasy II leaves me mixed. The story is charmingly quaint and I love the monster designs, music, and leveling system, but at the same time the leveling system is a pain in the arse after leaving a weak area and then getting flogged by enemies you can no longer 1 time and just annoys how many enemies in the late game have stupidly accurate insta-death spells. Maybe I should give the SaGa games a go as I hear they're less broken but keep the same basic level system.

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
I have very "meh" feelings about Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance gameplay-wise, but I love the characters, story, and voice acting so I keep coming back. Likewise, Soul Reaver 1 has a ton of bugs but somehow that makes it even more endearing.

Soul Reaver feels so janky attempting to play it now. I still love the same stuff you did but Jesus Christ actually trying to play it is like pulling teeth.

For me, I hate/loved Dragon Age Inquisition. There was some nice story beats and I sank a lot of hours into it but at the end of the game, I realised that a lot of it wasn't fun or interesting or even that well done. I just had a realisation that it was just the same old Bioware choose your own adventure stuff that they've been peddling with an even smaller world and repetitive enemies.

Johnny Bravo

Bravokin
kiwifarms.net
Soul Reaver feels so janky attempting to play it now. I still love the same stuff you did but Jesus Christ actually trying to play it is like pulling teeth.

Soul Reaver 1 has very strong combat for its time and I think it's actually aged quite well in that regard. The variety of ways to kill enemies gives the player a lot of room to be creative. There's also so much depth in the way you interact with the game world, like how some enemies will flee unless they're attacking in a group, or how you can convince the humans to worship you by ignoring them and killing only vampires, or the way the environment warps when you shift between realms. It has its flaws but I can't help but love it.