Games You Don’t Remember the Name of - The PS1 Game I never rediscovered

wonky dictionary

kiwifarms.net
Hey gamers (first post, pls be nice), I have one I've been looking for for years.

It's possibly from one of those "200 games in 1" discs, but I'm not sure... anyway, it's 2d, sort of a side scroller, sort of a puzzle game. You have to arrange blocks in such a way that this little guy (he might have been a robot?) could make it from one side of the level to the other. He could fall to the bottom of the screen and he'd reappear at the top, so he could 'fall' to platforms that were technically higher.

The blocks themselves reminded me of Tetrimonoes? They were white and boxy, with (holes?) dots in the middle.

All I remember is a bangin' soundtrack and it being on PC. I would've played it in mid-to-late 2000s. Ring any bells?

Schmeckel

The sun is a wondrous body.
kiwifarms.net
At first, I was thinking it was Intelligent Qube or maybe Devil Dice.

Then I saw on the Pc... So, the only thing I can think of that's remotely similar is Chip's Challenge, and I really doubt it's that.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
Hey gamers (first post, pls be nice), I have one I've been looking for for years.

It's possibly from one of those "200 games in 1" discs, but I'm not sure... anyway, it's 2d, sort of a side scroller, sort of a puzzle game. You have to arrange blocks in such a way that this little guy (he might have been a robot?) could make it from one side of the level to the other. He could fall to the bottom of the screen and he'd reappear at the top, so he could 'fall' to platforms that were technically higher.

The blocks themselves reminded me of Tetrimonoes? They were white and boxy, with (holes?) dots in the middle.

All I remember is a bangin' soundtrack and it being on PC. I would've played it in mid-to-late 2000s. Ring any bells?

I wanted to say Crystal Mines due to the robot and the game mechanics. But it's an NES game and I don't think that there were any ports or sequels. Although I recall the game having an interesting history with the creator so it's possible some offshoot exists.

Anyway, I've been thinking of this game a lot. I might have the demo somewhere but I'm not sure. This game may have been cancelled. It was a PS1 game about a scientist who is turned into a spider. I thought it was called Spider but it didn't come up on GameFAQs.

It's like a platformer and the level I played consisted of tunnels. In terms of platforming it was vertical as well as horizontal and you fought bugs and I think you solved puzzles.

Also, I'm not entirely sure but I think a similar game was in development at the time by another company. I don't know if it was cancelled. Or if this one was even released.

The Real Me

Me likes to observe freaks.
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, I've been thinking of this game a lot. I might have the demo somewhere but I'm not sure. This game may have been cancelled. It was a PS1 game about a scientist who is turned into a spider. I thought it was called Spider but it didn't come up on GameFAQs.

It's like a platformer and the level I played consisted of tunnels. In terms of platforming it was vertical as well as horizontal and you fought bugs and I think you solved puzzles.

Also, I'm not entirely sure but I think a similar game was in development at the time by another company. I don't know if it was cancelled. Or if this one was even released.
Actually, it seems that you were totally right about your game, you were just looking in too specific of a place. I Googled "Scientist becomes spider PS1" and this was the first result. It has some pretty cool box art too.
1625840533171.png