Games you gave up on. -

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stalker: Call of Pripyat. Yes, you may mock me for getting pleb filtered by it. I played (and beat) Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky and enjoyed them both immensely, but I just got "stuck" in Pripyat at a point where I couldn't really do much of anything for lack of equipment and money. There was some obnoxious minefield I couldn't get through/past to reach one of the helicopters, bandits I couldn't overcome at the plant and the container yard (equipment was too shitty to stand a chance against them), and stalker missions dried up so there was never any chance at income or new equipment.

There just wasn't anything left to actually *do*. Shitty way to end the series.

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
Ninja Gaiden 3. I should have read the reviews before starting it. I loved playing NG2 on the 360. This is something I loved considerably less.

I will say thag Razor’s Edge was a vast improvement, however.

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Alundra 2. Not that it was a bad game, it just came nowhere near to living up to the excellent original. I was actually at the final dungeon, but the game was getting increasingly tedious, so I said fuck it.

• Feels
Reactions: the fall of man

Sun Shihong

Forgotten Panda Pokémon
kiwifarms.net
Pokemon Clover. A 4chan romhack of FireRed with all new pokemon, lots of improvements, extra challenge, and of course tons of edgy humor and references. Basically a completely new game made by people who really are pokemon fans and know what players like.

Was fantastic up until the town possessed by the spooky scary skeletons. You have to reach the top floor of "burial tower" which has been taken over by skeletons and is also haunted by ghosts which you have to run from because they can't be caught, fought, or identified.

Each floor is a maze of tombstones with skeletons turning around randomly and some walking back and forth. The goal is to get past them without being seen, or they'll say "BOO!" and send you down a floor.

Sounds fun, until you actually play it and realize there's a very good reason pokemon games don't use stealth mechanics. It's basically impossible. The game just isn't made for it. Each floor gets more difficult and it seems based entirely on luck. The hit boxes around the walking skeletons are weird and sometimes stop you from moving so you get caught. Like your character just gets hung up mid-step.

I tried for hours and couldn't beat the last floor. Running or walking, it made no difference. Youtube videos didn't help. Getting dragged into ghost battles every few seconds, then getting caught by cheating-ass skellies and repeatedly boo'd back down a floor, while "spooky scary skeletons" played on repeat the whole time.

Fuck that.
Pokemon Vega and the infamous psychic gym (Lapizula) puzzles are a pain in the ass too. That alone made me quit, even though I've edited somethings with hacktools (Such as making Aurostice's evolutionary line something that isn't garbage).

WonderWino

kiwifarms.net
Fallout 4, dink smallwood, moraffs dungeons of the unforgiven, mordor 2/demise (aka the game that takes more time than eve to get anywhere... if nothing else you absolutely get your moneys worth on that one), aliens colonial marines, dead state (good concept, bad management system and it really should have an endless mode instead of a definitive timed ending), knights & merchants (two words: feeding system...other than that I like it), planescape torment (has to be literally the worst game i've ever played in my life), state of decay, stronghold (story campaign), ancient evil (good diablo 1 like game but can bug out rendering some levels of the dungeon and require you to restart), hearts of iron 3 (the design on that one is just utter shit), underrail, atom rpg (terribly made and horrifically unbalanced fallout clone)

• Feels
Reactions: the fall of man

LargeChoonger

kiwifarms.net
War Thunder. I still occasionally play a match or two, but it just stopped being fun. I'm still on my first rank V vehicle after unlocking V over a year ago

I notice that this thread does not like GTA IV. I sort of feel the opposite way. IV was the last R* game that had that really "free" feel in missions. If the objective is to kill someone, you can skip annoying chase scenes and unnecessary dialogue with clever routing and accurate shots. But in RDR1, V, and RDR2, the heavy reliance on in-mission cutscenes forces you to follow the scripted route and do exactly as the game intends. It's the difference between "kill this guy" and "follow the set markers so your character fucks up so you have to watch more cutscenes"

Last edited:

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
Bravely Default

I liked the gameplay, but the plot got to the point where it was just "OH LOOK, WE GOTTA REACTIVATE THE CRYSTALS AGAIN AND AGAIN!" and I didn't want to fight the same bosses over and over. So I just said fuck it and googled what happens in the story after you reactivate the crystals a second time. Haven't bothered to finish the game for that reason. Just felt like they ran out of plot and had to come up with an excuse to pad the game's length out.

Angel Dust

Nobody wants to admit they ate 9 cans of ravioli
kiwifarms.net
Dragon Age 2. Tiny boring map of the same city the entire game, save for some caves that all look the same. Random huge time jumps but no one ages. Characters come and go with little ryhme or reason. No one progresses in any meaningful way. The most obnoxious and whiny love interests. Choices that don't really matter in the end. I don't even really remember the story besides the mages v Templars. It was just like "you're here now and the hero for no reason whatsoever. Save everyone".

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Every single FF game except 15; "the bad one".

FF4 was magical and simple. Yet, ups, you forgot to talk to an npc. You can't proceed and it's not game logic to have to backtrace all the way out of a gave to talk to npcs if you can't defeat a boss.

FF9 had a nice theme, but when I restarted to get a clear playthrough going, I somehow set myself up to never win the first "tutorial" where you unlock trance. No matter what, believe me I've tried for hours, I can't win. I don't have the HP nor the DPS to win, because I came in at 78% hp or so.

"Hard" games my ass. Poorly designed.

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
Monster Hunter World for ps4. Was my second attempt to get into the MH series but I just suck ass. I can't get the timing for blocking or any of that shit down.

H&K Hates You

And you suck
kiwifarms.net
Monster Hunter World for ps4. Was my second attempt to get into the MH series but I just suck ass. I can't get the timing for blocking or any of that shit down.
Capcom added defender armor and weapons for new accounts to get to Iceborne faster, regardless of owning the DLC. Give dual blades a shot? Can't block but makes up for it with attack speed, quick dashes and combo armor in demon mode.

• Informative
Reactions: DrRockzosNose

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I loved The Phantom Pain, but never finished the main story because running around kidnapping people and stealing their shit was too much fun (also I was kinda bummed out when Quiet died)

View attachment 1159779
Seems like I recall that the game was actually supposed to have at least one more story arc to it which got into the back story behind liquid snake, but Konami decided to release the game before it was put in.

Reactions: Sexual Chocolate

LargeChoonger

kiwifarms.net
Low tier is where the real fun is, high tier is stress inducing bullshit that strings you along with high repair costs.
I played Japan all the way up to the STB-1. It was a fun playstyle and the tech tree was pretty niche, so I basically had it all to myself. But the lower performance and high repair costs when going up against p2w players made it completely unsustainable

WhoBusTank69

kiwifarms.net
I played Japan all the way up to the STB-1. It was a fun playstyle and the tech tree was pretty niche, so I basically had it all to myself. But the lower performance and high repair costs when going up against p2w players made it completely unsustainable
Playing to progress is a terrible way to go, as counter-intuitive as it sounds. You absolutely need to pick a favorite vehicle to stick with or you'll very quickly lose your shit. You wont gain research points nearly as fast but you'll have much more fun that way.
The Japanese tree is great; shitty, but great. I stopped trying to progress when I dipped into Tier 3 and instead opted to getting the Chi-Ha Short Gun(on discount) to slap people with excessive amounts of HE over tiny hills.

LargeChoonger

kiwifarms.net
Playing to progress is a terrible way to go, as counter-intuitive as it sounds. You absolutely need to pick a favorite vehicle to stick with or you'll very quickly lose your shit. You wont gain research points nearly as fast but you'll have much more fun that way.
The Japanese tree is great; shitty, but great. I stopped trying to progress when I dipped into Tier 3 and instead opted to getting the Chi-Ha Short Gun(on discount) to slap people with excessive amounts of HE over tiny hills.
My proudest moment was bringing the short gun to a 7.0 match and killing someone with a random shot from spawn

Reactions: WhoBusTank69
Tags
None