Games you gave up on. -

Aru-chu

The Electric-Alcoholic PokéMon!
kiwifarms.net
Pokemon Moon. Way too much time spent on tutorials, especially since most of the people buying the game already know how pokemon works cause they've played the other games.

Also maybe Persona 4. After about 30 hours in I'm stuck on Mitsuo so I need to timewarp back and grind for levels...

• Agree
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

BSC

butthurt over e-stickers
kiwifarms.net
Witcher 3. Great game and all sure, but I got bogged down by the sheer amount of tedious filler content. Honestly if they'd stripped out 80% of the sidequests, and spent more of their resources polishing and focusing the rest of the game's content then I'd consider it a masterpiece. I probably got halfway through the main storyline before I just got burnt out and stopped playing. Like I said, I think it's a good game, but imo it's also one of the most overrated vidya games of all-time. Too much focus on "muh play time" and not enough focus on actually making that play-time compelling.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Elona - it's just not the same since the servers were taken offline. I could enjoy playing through the game but the lack of seeing who died and where and voting for names like "ray of gay jay" makes it feel like that charm was lost for good.

Starbound - I played it when it was in its Koala phase and before they revamped the lore. Not a fan of the "universal protectorate" intro and abandoning characters or changing them into something else. Also didn't like how they made it feel like you have to dig all the way down tutorial planet and harvest the moons for fuel before some space ghost one shots you.

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
Witcher 3-It was a good game up until the demonic baby boss. That’s when I rage quit.

Final Fantasy 13-Holy fuck is this game a dumpster fire. I quit after getting 5% of the plot since the characters are so unlikeable

Advanced Warfare: That game is when I realized the COD series is getting old. I stopped after the Antarctica mission.

Star Ocean 3: Got so bored after the vacation planet shit. Just watched some play throughs instead and holy shit the twist was such a dumpster fire.

Jeff Gazetti

kiwifarms.net
Witcher 3-It was a good game up until the demonic baby boss. That’s when I rage quit.

Final Fantasy 13-Holy fuck is this game a dumpster fire. I quit after getting 5% of the plot since the characters are so unlikeable

Advanced Warfare: That game is when I realized the COD series is getting old. I stopped after the Antarctica mission.

Star Ocean 3: Got so bored after the vacation planet shit. Just watched some play throughs instead and holy shit the twist was such a dumpster fire.
I’ve hated final fantasy series starting with VIII. I swear one of the characters in that game was Ellen Degeneres with extra hair gel and a face tat.

Autumnal Equinox

Null killed my avatar
kiwifarms.net
I think I must be one of the few people on the Farms that genuinely enjoyed Chrono Cross apparently...

On topic: I've played maybe five hours of Diablo 3 and just don't feel like investing any more. I was a huge sperg over Diablo 1 and 2 when they were new, so all my friends and my brother kept trying to get me into the third one they were all playing. Just couldn't get interested. Pretty sure it's a combination of the game itself, and the fact I'm not really into hack and slash games anymore.

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
I don't really drop games out of anger or frustration, I usually just get bored of them or stop caring. I have a weird habit of dropping games mid to late game.

I made it to the final area of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and just stopped.
I also dropped Fallout 4 near the end.
Pokemon Black 2 I ended up dropping for being fucking boring. It's also the only mainline Pokemon game I've never finished.
I died during the final boss of Rogue Galaxy and just stopped. Aside from the crafting I really didn't like the story so I just had no reason to go on.
I stopped Dragon's Dogma after about 7 hours from boredom.

There's probably 6 or 7 others I could talk about but they slip my mind at the moment.
I’m curious, how did you find Black 2 more boring than X/Y?

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
I’ve hated final fantasy series starting with VIII. I swear one of the characters in that game was Ellen Degeneres with extra hair gel and a face tat.
7 and 10 were the best (I’m pissed the 7 remake won’t be on Xbox One). I can actually enjoy 12 since the cast wasn’t as insufferable as 13’s even though the gameplay felt like a MMO and it’s world and mythology was interesting.

I hope if Square Enid makes 16, they make the gameplay more in the vein of Lost Odyssey (a very underrated game).

Jeff Gazetti

kiwifarms.net
7 and 10 were the best (I’m pissed the 7 remake won’t be on Xbox One). I can actually enjoy 12 since the cast wasn’t as insufferable as 13’s even though the gameplay felt like a MMO and it’s world and mythology was interesting.

I hope if Square Enid makes 16, they make the gameplay more in the vein of Lost Odyssey (a very underrated game).
First off, love that avatar. I actually use it (rarely) on my iPhone as an alarm to wake my teenage son up when he won’t get up
“DESTROY US ALL!” -loop 10 min.

Yea that sucks that they’re doing that. There’s absolutely no reason they can’t port games from the PS4 over to Xbox and vise versa.

Btw did you know they are releasing it in episodic fashion? The games release will end as soon as you break from Midgar.

Reactions: Godzilla@1989

No Exit

Corona-chan took my job
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m curious, how did you find Black 2 more boring than X/Y?
Probably because it's shorter.

I'm actually trying to play through White 2 atm, and I can only play for like 10 min at a time before getting bored. Unova is big and pretty but being interrupted every 5 steps, having a snorefest of a story and a shit rival I'm probably going to put it down again without finishing.
The only good thing I can say on Gen 5 is that it has the best music out of all the games.

Win98SE

kiwifarms.net
Serious Sam 3. I can't think of anything less interesting than this game. The big arenas are fun, but once it gets into corridor shooting all of its charm goes away. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Agree
Reactions: fag0t

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
idk wiki has a jap name for alundra 2, and it wasnt even done by working designs.
Working Designs did the North American localization of the Japanese game and called it Alundra 2. There is no japanese Alundra 2, and the game WD called that was from a different publisher and dev team and was utterly unrelated to Alundra in any way. Working Designs never developed anything on their own, they just gave Japanese games bad localizations and fucked with the difficulty of them and slapped their name on as the US publisher.

Back on topic, Im seriously considering writing off Natural Doctrine. I knew it was a hardcore SRPG going in, but goddamn, it’s insanely unforgiving right from the start! Since I only paid $3 Canadian for it, I can walk away with no guilt.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: dismissfrogs
Tags
None