Games you gave up on. -

dismissfrogs

kiwifarms.net
Working Designs did the North American localization of the Japanese game and called it Alundra 2. There is no japanese Alundra 2, and the game WD called that was from a different publisher and dev team and was utterly unrelated to Alundra in any way. Working Designs never developed anything on their own, they just gave Japanese games bad localizations and fucked with the difficulty of them and slapped their name on as the US publisher.

Back on topic, Im seriously considering writing off Natural Doctrine. I knew it was a hardcore SRPG going in, but goddamn, it’s insanely unforgiving right from the start! Since I only paid $3 Canadian for it, I can walk away with no guilt.
idk dude https://ca.ign.com/articles/1999/11/13/alundra-2-interview
I won't bring it up anymore lol

Also, Natural Doctrine sucks.

• Agree
Reactions: the fall of man

dismissfrogs

kiwifarms.net
I know. If this were on Xbox One as well in it s full version, I would rush and waste my $60 on it.
You can wait for the COMPLETE EDITION in 20 years on the newest Xbox I guess.

I own PS4 and Xbone, but I feel bad for you.

I am probably not going to buy the game at launch though. I am not American and it is too expensive.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

The tard amongst us
kiwifarms.net
I've had "gems of war" for a long time and when I cared more about rare achievements I'd grind away but the newest achievements are such no lifing, need to pay microtransaction-y bullshit I just can't give a fuck anymore. 2 bajillion different forms of currency and minigames and guild quests and just fuck it to hell.

• Feels
Reactions: Begemot

Francis E. Dec Esc.

kiwifarms.net
Chrono Cross. Chrono Trigger had some dark moments but overall was an upbeat game ("The world's going to end unless we do something to save it! Come on gang, let's defeat Lavos!"). Chrono Cross was the opposite, a depressing slog ("What if you were never born? Would the world be better off without you?") that completely gutted CT's whole raison d'etre, the time travelling and double/triple tech mechanics and replaced the interesting characters with a bunch of randos where the only personality they had was a weird accent (Sneff and Poshul lisp, Zoah speaks in allcaps, Irenes puts umlauts on everything, etc). Then you had the whole thing with Crono, Marle, Lucca, and Robo getting killed off between CT and CC and Schala getting forcibly merged with Lavos and mutated into the Time Devourer. I gave up around Chronopolis.

GloriousScarf

kiwifarms.net
Torchlight II - It's just so goddamn monotonous.

The Witness - Completed about half the areas. Too lazy to figure out the rest.

The Division 2 - See Torchlight II reason.

NieR Automata - I got this because people kept jerking themselves off over it. I finished it about 3/4 times and it still hadn't gotten fun.

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil 4
I never played a 'tank controls' game before, and really wanted to like it.. played for couple hours, but had 0 fun and it just felt I'm fighting the controls at every moment.
Then I launched Resident Evil 5 and, while better, it's still a clunky hell of shit controls. How could that come out in 2009.
Just watched a playthrough without a commentary on Youtube instead.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
I thought they were bullshitting me on Sekiro being too hard. it was challenging sure but even fighting the guardian ape and his wife was doable. but then I got to the second boss fight with the owl. that shit is beyond me. the first fight was perfectly doable but holy shit he must have stopped working out since then. dude's a monster. apparently the last two boss fights are ten times harder. I could beat Kos and The Nameless King but this guy fucks my shit up. really wanted to beat it too, it's a damn fine game.

Final Fantasy XV is trash but you all know that already. I watched the crappy movie, I saw the crappy prequel anime, and then started the game. they told me it would be a fun road trip with my bros, but the characters all suck except glasses guy and the side shit is more fun than the actual game. apparently if I continue and do the DLC at the right points it gets better but I'm not giving this game any more chances.

Chrono Trigger is good but I got distracted from it and now I have no idea where I am or what I was doing when I last played it. I might have to restart it someday.

• Autistic
Reactions: R.A.E.L.

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
Life.

Yes, Conway's Game of Life. A little too autistic for me. The implications of such complexity from only a handful of rules will always be interesting, though.

XCOM, both enemy unknown and 2. RNG is absolutely aggravating and both games periodically break the video game rule of "If you shoot something at point blank range with a shotgun, it dies." Also, 2 is one of the most load-heavy games I've ever played and it's also very prone to crash, slapping mods on top of it is just asking for trouble.

Warhammer II is also liable to end up on the list.

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
Red Dead 2 probably has the record for me. Everything I hate in Rockstar gaming, on full display, doubled down.

Dead Rising 2. Honestly, I liked the game's tone, the story, and what it was trying to do, but it's so clunky and the time system literally makes it impossible to complete everything, so it just teases you. It went from fun to just obnoxious and I had to quit. Wanted to like it though. I am curious in trying 3 or 4 though, just to see if it's improved, because there IS something to like.

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Red Dead 2 probably has the record for me. Everything I hate in Rockstar gaming, on full display, doubled down.

Dead Rising 2. Honestly, I liked the game's tone, the story, and what it was trying to do, but it's so clunky and the time system literally makes it impossible to complete everything, so it just teases you. It went from fun to just obnoxious and I had to quit. Wanted to like it though. I am curious in trying 3 or 4 though, just to see if it's improved, because there IS something to like.
Try Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. There’s literally a no time limit mode just for fucking around.

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
Try Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. There’s literally a no time limit mode just for fucking around.
Does it have the story mode included in that? I don't want to just fuck around, I want to play the game less obnoxiously.
I think it also stars the protagonist of the first game too, right?

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Does it have the story mode included in that? I don't want to just fuck around, I want to play the game less obnoxiously.
I think it also stars the protagonist of the first game too, right?
Yeah, you play as Frank but the story is still timed. There’s just a separate mode that lets you free roam and complete random challenges.

Slimy Time

Rape Face #5, I think...
kiwifarms.net
I thought they were bullshitting me on Sekiro being too hard. it was challenging sure but even fighting the guardian ape and his wife was doable. but then I got to the second boss fight with the owl. that shit is beyond me. the first fight was perfectly doable but holy shit he must have stopped working out since then. dude's a monster. apparently the last two boss fights are ten times harder. I could beat Kos and The Nameless King but this guy fucks my shit up. really wanted to beat it too, it's a damn fine game.
Tip, run and jump towards him on the firecracker slash. Owl (Father) and Demon of Hate really grinded my gears when I last played it. Final boss was easy once I realized that you can avoid one of his most frustrating attacks by double jumping on his head (as if you were avoiding a sweep perilous attack)... It's been about a year since I played Sekiro and I can still remember how it clicked on how to deal with those final 3.

capitalBBustard

Who is this man?
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil 6, completed Leon's campaign, got halfway through Chris' and I just had to quit. It was a bloated pile of nauseating garbage. It's like a japanese Man of Steel in bideo game form.
3 and 4 were made for OCD faggots complaining about not being able to 100% everything immediately in 1 and 2. They are both shit, focusing on lolwacky humor/comboweapons and bashing braindead ai zombos in big generic maps until you're bored of drooling on yourself. In no way real improvements, and they killed the series but the timer is goneso you won't get tilted. (well, the timer in 3 it is so generous it might as well not be there)

Tags
None