Games you gave up on. -

Lackadaisy

great old one
kiwifarms.net
I bounce off Baldur's Gate 2 hard every time. I can finish 1 just fine, but there's something about higher level 2nd edition play that scares me off.

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
I bounce off Baldur's Gate 2 hard every time. I can finish 1 just fine, but there's something about higher level 2nd edition play that scares me off.
For me the cutoff point is bit higher, but once I get to Throne of Bhaal is just lose interest. Haven't finished it even a single time yet.

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
Lagoon for SNES. I played it when I was little, but this game was fucking balls when I grew up. The only good thing that was going for this game was the music, some of the base gameplay, and the magic system. It didn't seem bad at first when you were in the first town of the game, but beyond that and the first dungeon, everything gets bland quick. Your sword is pathetically short, there's no damage invincibility period to give you time to recover, and the color tone they use for the rest of the game is absolute garbage, making it look dull and interest draining. You can jump, but this game is finicky about that as well, making you die if you leap into a pit/long drop, and the precision is atrocious at times too. The story is also ultra vanilla, and this comes from the guy who made a post about how worlds from other games are boring in the Unpopular Opinions thread. I'd have thought to complete it merely for the vow to just beat it to see how the game would play out and just for the sake of letting things rest for good, but man this game is boring. It's not even maddening hard bad or so good it's bad.

• Agree
Reactions: UnclePhil

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
3 and 4 were made for OCD faggots complaining about not being able to 100% everything immediately in 1 and 2. They are both shit, focusing on lolwacky humor/comboweapons and bashing braindead ai zombos in big generic maps until you're bored of drooling on yourself. In no way real improvements, and they killed the series but the timer is goneso you won't get tilted. (well, the timer in 3 it is so generous it might as well not be there)
they were also not made by the same guy. the guy who directed and wrote dead rising 1 and 2 was also the guy behind mega man legends 1 and 2 and I think at least the plot outline for mega man zero. very creative dude. you take away the creator you kill the magic.

Tip, run and jump towards him on the firecracker slash. Owl (Father) and Demon of Hate really grinded my gears when I last played it. Final boss was easy once I realized that you can avoid one of his most frustrating attacks by double jumping on his head (as if you were avoiding a sweep perilous attack)... It's been about a year since I played Sekiro and I can still remember how it clicked on how to deal with those final 3.
jump too? I'll give that a shot. I almost never jump outside of basic sweep slashes. I did figure out to run through the fireworks at least.

Reactions: capitalBBustard

darkwingosonichugorl

duhuhuhuhuhuh
kiwifarms.net
I've had "gems of war" for a long time and when I cared more about rare achievements I'd grind away but the newest achievements are such no lifing, need to pay microtransaction-y bullshit I just can't give a fuck anymore. 2 bajillion different forms of currency and minigames and guild quests and just fuck it to hell.
I played Gems of War for over 2 years and recently quit myself. They were good for a long time managing to avoid microtransctions, but eventually had to give in. It was about time for me to move on anyway as there's only so much shit they can add every week, and I reached end game levels.

LateNightMuffin

kiwifarms.net
I liked all the doom series, going all the way back to the original Castle Wolfenstein, but I haven't been able to finish Doom2016, because i find it too nerve wracking to have to find all the damn little dolls. And i wouldn't care about the dolls except you get bonuses for finding them that you keep through the rest of the game. i know this sounds weird, but i find it too stressful. if i'm going to play a FPS i want it to be mindless and the only stress is whether or not i get blown up, not whether i can find every last f'ing doll. anyway, i'm about 2/3 through, and haven't played it in a year.

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil 6, completed Leon's campaign, got halfway through Chris' and I just had to quit. It was a bloated pile of nauseating garbage. It's like a japanese Man of Steel in bideo game form.

3 and 4 were made for OCD faggots complaining about not being able to 100% everything immediately in 1 and 2. They are both shit, focusing on lolwacky humor/comboweapons and bashing braindead ai zombos in big generic maps until you're bored of drooling on yourself. In no way real improvements, and they killed the series but the timer is goneso you won't get tilted. (well, the timer in 3 it is so generous it might as well not be there)
Only one thing can be said for sure though, that I'm certain everyone can agree on:

Holy fuck, is Rebecca Chang hot.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
The Dance Dance Revolution series is my top 3 favorite video game series. However, I didn't like the way things were going after DDRExtreme. DDR SuperNova (and to an extent, SuperNova 2 with the "Groove Radar" charts respectively) felt like Konami went "ohai, we see you like In The Groove and those difficult step charts. We can make difficult step charts too!!" except Konami completely missed the point to where you have songs like Pluto & Chaos that rely on gimmicky charts that go with the constant BPM changes that are more frustrating than fun.

In the Groove served two purposes
  1. To fill in the literal 4 year void that Konami created after DDRExtreme was released (in terms of Arcade games... at the time Konami was focusing more on the console games like the XBOX Ultramix series and Extreme 1 & 2/Str!ke/Festival/Party Collection on the PS2)
  2. To cater to the more "hardcore" players that wanted more of a challenge that songs like "the legend of MAX" and "PARANOiA Survivor MAX" just couldn't provide (or any of the other 8-9 footers for that matter).
Not to mention the removal of the background videos (which added personality to the songs), Konami cutting ties with the DanceMania label after SuperNova... you know, the label that pretty much MADE DDR what it was... and then started to slowly but surely inject more mainstream garbage into the song list (LMFAO's Party Rock is in the latest DDR Arcade game, "DDR A20", which was released last year). The final straw for me was DDRX. The arcade cabinet we got here in the US was made from plywood and toothpaste with bad sync issues while Japan (of course) got the shiny nicest cabinets. Also the announcer was ear rape, the song list was atrocious, the whole "urban" theme was ugly looking, and the new rating system just made things so confusing. 1-10 foot was simple and clean perfect, you knew that "ok, 1-4 are easy steps, 5-7 picks things up, 8-10 is where shit gets real". 1-20 is too broad of a rating, not to mention when it comes to older songs, the ratings aren't consistent. "ok Brilliant2U was a 7 step on heavy and it's now a 9, got it, but wait, .59 was also a 7 step on heavy and is now and 11... wtf why?!". The most egregious of sins was when they fucked with classic Konami songs like "Dynamite Rave" (In DDRX2) and "Celebrate Nite" (in DDR Hottest Party 3) where they did that shit the music industry LOVES to do by taking a classic song and "update it" with horrendous lyrics.

And that's when I said "no more" and gave up on the series. And I'm glad I did. If you compare the songs from its early beginnings to now, you'll notice a complete shift in tone. These newer songs have ZERO personality, while the older songs had catchy fun instruments and beats and lyrics that stayed in your head for DAYS.

Last edited:

H&K Hates You

And you suck
kiwifarms.net
The Dance Dance Revolution series is my top 3 favorite video game series. However, I didn't like the way things were going after DDRExtreme. DDR SuperNova (and to an extent, SuperNova 2 with the "Groove Radar" charts respectively) felt like Konami went "ohai, we see you like In The Groove and those difficult step charts. We can make difficult step charts too!!" except Konami completely missed the point to where you have songs like Pluto & Chaos that rely on gimmicky charts that go with the constant BPM changes that are more frustrating than fun.

In the Groove served two purposes
  1. To fill in the literal 2 year void that Konami created after DDRExtreme was released (in terms of Arcade games... at the time Konami was focusing more on the console games like the XBOX Ultramix series and Extreme 1 & 2/Str!ke/Festival/Party Collection on the PS2)
  2. To cater to the more "hardcore" players that wanted more of a challenge that songs like "the legend of MAX" and "PARANOiA Survivor MAX" just couldn't provide.
Not to mention Konami cut ties with the DanceMania label after SuperNova... you know, the label that pretty much MADE DDR what it was... and then started to slowly but surely inject more mainstream garbage into the song list (LMFAO's Party Rock is in the latest DDR Arcade game, "DDR A20", which was released last year). The final straw for me was DDRX. The arcade cabinet we got here in the US was made from plywood and toothpaste with bad sync issues while Japan (of course) got the shiny nicest cabinets. Also the announcer was ear rape, the song list was atrocious, the whole "urban" theme was ugly looking, and the new rating system just made things so confusing. 1-10 foot was simple and clean perfect, you knew that "ok, 1-4 are easy steps, 5-7 picks things up, 8-10 is where shit gets real". 1-20 is too broad of a rating, not to mention when it comes to older songs, the ratings aren't consistent. "ok Brilliant2U was a 7 step on heavy and it's now a 9, got it, but wait, .59 was also a 7 step on heavy and is now and 11... wtf why?!". The most egregious of sins was when they fucked with classic Konami songs like "Dynamite Rave" (In DDRX2) and "Celebrate Nite" (in DDR Hottest Party 3) where they did that shit the music industry LOVES to do by taking a classic song and "update it" with horrendous lyrics.

And that's when I said "no more" and gave up on the series. And I'm glad I did. If you compare the songs from its early beginnings to now, you'll notice a complete shift in tone. These newer songs have ZERO personality, while the older songs had catchy fun instruments and beats and lyrics that stayed in your head for DAYS.
Bemani's reason for existing in the last 10-ish years is to get the makers of fan projects and competitors like DJMax to start thinking "Well that's a low bar to clear"

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
Bemani's reason for existing in the last 10-ish years is to get the makers of fan projects and competitors like DJMax to start thinking "Well that's a low bar to clear"
That must explain why there's a fuck-ton of music games coming out of the wood work over the last decade. Only music games I play often and have stuck with is Rhythm Heaven, Groove Coaster (although my new Motorola phone isn't compatible with the phone version *sad*), and Dynamix (another phone game).

Reactions: H&K Hates You

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most recently was Nioh 2. I gave it about twenty hours and after my 500th death from an enemy with three health bars, infinite stamina, and unavoidable eye lasers that deal 9999 damage I rolled my eyes and went to play something that was actually fun.

I wish every game ever would stop trying to one up Dark Souls.

UnclePhil

Becoming my parents. Get off my lawn.
kiwifarms.net
Days Gone. Fuck that mission with the lumber yard horde. I have PTSD thinking about it.

Not to mention, the game's story overstays its welcome about 10 hours too long. I was past ready for it to be over. Find my wife, defeat bad guys, roll end credits. Then the game slams me into a wall made of 10,000 zombies.

Lagoon for SNES. I played it when I was little, but this game was fucking balls when I grew up. The only good thing that was going for this game was the music, some of the base gameplay, and the magic system. It didn't seem bad at first when you were in the first town of the game, but beyond that and the first dungeon, everything gets bland quick. Your sword is pathetically short, there's no damage invincibility period to give you time to recover, and the color tone they use for the rest of the game is absolute garbage, making it look dull and interest draining. You can jump, but this game is finicky about that as well, making you die if you leap into a pit/long drop, and the precision is atrocious at times too. The story is also ultra vanilla, and this comes from the guy who made a post about how worlds from other games are boring in the Unpopular Opinions thread. I'd have thought to complete it merely for the vow to just beat it to see how the game would play out and just for the sake of letting things rest for good, but man this game is boring. It's not even maddening hard bad or so good it's bad.
Agreed, except I actually finished Lagoon 25+ years ago. A year or so ago, I tried revisiting it for nostalgia's sake and gave up before the first dungeon. What I hated most was the horrendous path finding whatever NPC they partnered you with would get. There was something nerve-shattering about watching them slowly stumble around blind when you were hurrying to the next boring set piece.

Tags
None