Games you gave up on. -

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Warhammer 40k: Spacehulk Deathwing, really pretty game and a fun premise, but good god after two levels of dealing with shit A.I. partners and endless swarms of the same enemies I just dropped it and forgot it existed.

Also, RAGE, for being completely uninteresting and forgettable.
Not your fault. Computer adaptations of WH and WH40k IP really suck.
There are VERY few exceptions. Space Marine was p good, but has almost nothing to do with WH40k core gameplay.

My contribution: I gave up on all MMOs.
I managed 2 successful guilds for almost 2 decades. Playing 'mommy' to 20-somethings that didn't get enough asspats or beatings at home was hell. I'm convinced that the US educational system is doing something to kids. These people were nightmares.

Now: I just desire to zone out and play SP games. No managing 3 time-regions of retards, or petty infighting on comms. No begging devs to unban members.
Just me and the game.

Last edited:

TurkishOreo

Legendary cream and more cacao
kiwifarms.net
I've forgotten it's name but it was like Outlast but with glowsticks, witches and a phone flashlight.
I bought it (for) with my friend instead of the Binding of Isaac DLC.
Gameplay was fucking clunky and after starting it once we both agreed it's fucking shit.
We were really happy with the Whistleblower DLC (had rest € on account) though Eddie's got a special place in our hearts.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Started as great as the first one... Then came the DLCs and cosmetics you could earn, then the weeklies and dailies with the additional difficulty choices.
Why and why do we have to cripple ourselves to play the game in its fullest? Wasn't easy-normal-hard enough?
The price for the DLCs is ludicrous too, reminds me of Payday 2 and how Overkill fucked themselves over.

Scrim

kiwifarms.net
Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Started as great as the first one... Then came the DLCs and cosmetics you could earn, then the weeklies and dailies with the additional difficulty choices.
Why and why do we have to cripple ourselves to play the game in its fullest? Wasn't easy-normal-hard enough?
The price for the DLCs is ludicrous too, reminds me of Payday 2 and how Overkill fucked themselves over.
Still pissed the bretonnian isn't its own character.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Still pissed the bretonnian isn't its own character.
I was hoping for a High Elf Swordmaster, Human Warrior Priest or an actual Dwarven Engineer.
*Sigh* Let's see how they do with their 40k version of Vermintide.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't get too far into Shin Megami Tensei IV. The first dungeon is imbalanced as all hell, but played off by fans as "OOH IT'S REALLY REALLY HARD", despite it being a turn-based RPG where difficulty comes down to a trial-and-error exercise in figuring out which commands are the right ones to pick against each enemy. But once I beat the first boss, and got to a point where the game supposedly opened up more, I was pretty weary of the game as a whole. I really didn't like how the town was just a menu like in a visual novel, either.

I might give it a second chance sometime, though. I like the idea of it, the game jelled with me a hell of a lot better than Persona 4, and the whole thing where you negotiate with demons was great. I still have my cartridge, so I guess I can just pick up from where I burned out.

Whenever I get a new 3DS, anyway.

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't get too far into Shin Megami Tensei IV. The first dungeon is imbalanced as all hell, but played off by fans as "OOH IT'S REALLY REALLY HARD", despite it being a turn-based RPG where difficulty comes down to a trial-and-error exercise in figuring out which commands are the right ones to pick against each enemy. But once I beat the first boss, and got to a point where the game supposedly opened up more, I was pretty weary of the game as a whole. I really didn't like how the town was just a menu like in a visual novel, either.

I might give it a second chance sometime, though. I like the idea of it, the game jelled with me a hell of a lot better than Persona 4, and the whole thing where you negotiate with demons was great. I still have my cartridge, so I guess I can just pick up from where I burned out.

Whenever I get a new 3DS, anyway.
t. Got filtered by minotaur

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
t. Got filtered by minotaur
I didn't really have much of an issue with the Minotaur IIRC, the last thing I remember about the game was seeing this cutscene:

and by then just being bored out of my mind and shelving the game for years

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
I thought Abyss Odyssey was a metroidvania with beautiful water colour art wrapped up in Chilean mythology. Instead I got a shitty, ugly looking unbalanced beat 'em up that handles like a tank and treats control inputs as a suggestion it'll get around to later on.

The game wasn't even difficult, just tedious. I beat it once and felt no desire to return.

You shut your mouth, Abyss Odyssey is a beautiful game once you figure out what they're doing but it's an AceTeam game so of course it's going to be a half gestated yet fantastic idea made on a Chilean budget and wrapped in crunchy toilet paper.

Jeff_the_Thriller

Sogg Mead Mugg - like Shrek but drunker
kiwifarms.net
Outerworlds. I got to the 3rd planet and got bored with it. Cool atmosphere can only take you so far with boring, repetitive gameplay, and dumb bullet sponge enemies. It reminded me of playing borderlands solo.

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
I gave up on Yakuza 0 (First Yakuza game I played) about 2/3 way in. I loved the setting, characters, story, the weirdness and all, but the combat was just not enjoyable and there was so much of it. Just didn't get the illusion that the punches and kicks and stuff had any weight behind them so it was not fun. I kept wishing I was playing Sleeping Dogs whenever I was in one of the big fights.
I watched the rest online and I really wish I could have the combat click with me because then I'm sure it would be among my favorite games.

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
I gave up on Yakuza 0 (First Yakuza game I played) about 2/3 way in. I loved the setting, characters, story, the weirdness and all, but the combat was just not enjoyable and there was so much of it. Just didn't get the illusion that the punches and kicks and stuff had any weight behind them so it was not fun. I kept wishing I was playing Sleeping Dogs whenever I was in one of the big fights.
I watched the rest online and I really wish I could have the combat click with me because then I'm sure it would be among my favorite games.

As a fan of the Yakuza series since 3 I didn’t give up on 0, but I really did not enjoy the combat system in that one. Something about it felt sort of limp in comparison to the earlier games. If you like Sleeping Dogs, you might prefer the combat in 6 and Kiwami 2. It’s not as complex as 0’s style-switching, but it feels a lot chunkier because of its emphasis on physics.

Last edited:

Livecorpse

LET'S ALL DIE TOGETHER AND BECOME AS GODS
kiwifarms.net
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

It's a fast paced micromanagement based RTS that doesn't give you a pause button and has awful quality of life options. Fucking Dark Reign came out ten years before this pile of garbage and handles better in almost every way.

Yes, I'm a little salty right now.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've tried and failed to play through the entirety of Resident Evil 5 twice, I find the game so boring I couldn't even finish a Let's Play of it on Youtube, all that Africa shit has nothing to do with Resident Evil.

I came within an inch of dropping Yakuza 0 as well, everything about the game is great... save for the combat, it's tedious as hell and there's way, way too much of it, by the end of the game it was an absolute slog and I'm impressed I really did manage to finish it, but I really wanted to see how the story would end.

It's a real shame because if only the combat was better the game would be completely fantastic.