Games you gave up on. -

Big Rusiki

1-800 I'm on that ass
kiwifarms.net
Nioh 2, I gave up despite beating all the SoulsBourn games plus Sekiro and the original Nioh with the exception of OG Demon Souls. I just got tired of the whole git gud games gimmick. Maybe next year when I pick up a PS5 I'll play Demon Souls.

Minecraft was boring for me

Persona 5 royal lol but this was my fault since I played the vanilla twice a couple of months ago and not a lot has changed from the og.

Borderlands 3 was just ugh. Im not a fan of looter shooters but Borderlands 2 did a great job for getting a normie like me into it with it's humor and story. Borderlands 3, even with strong gameplay, didnt click with me

Metal Gear Solid 5, I stopped playing due to the wack story. I love the first 3 ones and 4, even with all it's retcons. I think the theme and the tone of Guns of the Patriots was stellar and a decent game when it wasn't shilling fan service. 5 had great gameplay but that's it. The twist was dumb btw.

Fallout 4 was bad, I didn't like it.

I don't think I finished one elder scrolls game, I put in a lot of hours into morrowind but that's it.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
I've tried and failed to play through the entirety of Resident Evil 5 twice, I find the game so boring I couldn't even finish a Let's Play of it on Youtube, all that Africa shit has nothing to do with Resident Evil.
The game was good, not as good as 4 but the partner mechanic was interesting and the co-op is really fun if you play with someone you care about and can yell at for hoarding TMP ammo when they don't even have that gun. Can't do that with the AI.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another two I gave up on were Fire Emblem and Xcom, for the same reasons. If you’re expected to savescum a lot because it’s common for bad RNG to just kill off a character you’ve been building, it’s not a good game. Obviously, this isn’t the case for roguelikes or anything where your character’s designed to last a single session or two, but in tactical RPGs, losing a high level character can really cripple you in the late game. What’s wrong with the death countdown like in Final Fantasy Tactics? You couldn’t just go from full HP to permanently dead within a turn,

I've tried and failed to play through the entirety of Resident Evil 5 twice, I find the game so boring I couldn't even finish a Let's Play of it on Youtube, all that Africa shit has nothing to do with Resident Evil.
I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, and even still, I can safely say you didn’t miss anything. I can’t remember anything about the ending other than Wesker screaming “CHHHHRRRRIIISSSSSS” in a funny way which would be good for a CWC video edit

Last edited:

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, and even still, I can safely say you didn’t miss anything. I can’t remember anything about the ending other than Wesker screaming “CHHHHRRRRIIISSSSSS” in a funny way which would be good for a CWC video edit

It also gave us Chris punching a giant boulder repeatedly which I think was the event horizon which caused the team to take a more realistic approach in future games like RE7.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
Final Fantasy X. The only FF game I've ever played.

So to start, I am not a fan of turn based rpgs. I got it for Christmas and gave it a go because it seemed interesting, plus the design was gorgeous. However the shitty level up system where you had to move along the sphere grid really pissed me off, plus that I had to restart the PS2 every time I died and couldn't skip the cut scenes. And other crap.

What broke the camels back was I got to the third Seymour fight and discovered that somehow I had missed one spell that made the fight easier. By a lot, I'd have to level up Luna 50 times to get back to it. Anyway, eventually I beat him and then had to swim through this underwater tunnel to flip a switch to get to Zanarkand but I died from some bullshit. After all that I checked to see how close I was to the end, discovered I wasn't even halfway through the thing, and just switched off the PS2, put the disc back in the case and never played it again.

Wyald

If it looks pretty, shag it. There's no gay.
kiwifarms.net
Fucking Fable III
I and II were OK, but I just couldn't be arsed to finish III with how fucking awful it was.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Xcom was mentioned, loved the original game(and Apocalypse, TftD can eat shit), and I gave up on NuCom at one of the big giant ships because I was bored and annoyed. Depth picking being a disaster in 3D I cannot understand, get IN the subway car, not ON the subway car god dammit! How could they fuck that up? The pre-made maps made things boring, they seemingly dumped the old X-Com thing where aliens were randomly placed and wandering around the map in favor of having cutscenes where you encounter them. What was the point of being careful and grouping your squad from the get-go if they're always hanging around the log up to the right of the map and in that particular spot in the ship? It felt like I could never get the drop on them like in the old games and it removed the sense of paranoia, in the original you would feel pretty good about cornering two aliens without realizing there where three more you didn't know about coming up from behind to nuke your entire team.

So I played Xenonauts instead and fuck me in the ass that shit is tedious.

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
That mobile Silent Hill Orphan game, I had part II as the site I got stuff from only had it for some reason.
Made it, basically, 3/4 of the game in, but, as it is a quest, I reached a point where no shit responded to me using other shit on it*, this lasted A WHOLE MONTH, and then I found a walkthrough, found out through it that game ends with baddies winning and simply deleted it. Because at this point, it was the last straw.

*do not remember exactly, but that was after player character changes, and before you unlock certain doors

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I will admit there is one game I didn't finish:
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
Everything was going well: 2 of the 4 bosses were beaten, had over half of the masks, and was making excellent progress at a rhythmic pace.
Then, utter failure in Twinmold's dungeon due to a mishap with the hookshot and got stuck at the bottom at that portion of the dungeon.
After being forced to reset time, I couldn't figure out which parts of the game needed to be repeated (and which masks needed to be collected, AGAIN) and I just turned the game off in frustration.
Haven't played it since.

There is also something I haven't played in years due to a bullshit glitch.
The Halo Master Chief Collection.
For some damn reason, I can't get the achievements for completing Halo: Anniversary (MCC) on Legendary as well as half of the campaign's achievements.
I keep hoping one of the updates fixes my predicament, but it hasn't happened so far when I occasionally start the game.
It's crap.

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

It's a fast paced micromanagement based RTS that doesn't give you a pause button and has awful quality of life options. Fucking Dark Reign came out ten years before this pile of garbage and handles better in almost every way.

Yes, I'm a little salty right now.
Also the MP patches fucked the campaign.

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net
Elder Scrolls Online: Fuck whoever wrote that game and fuck them for making me suffer through their fanfiction tier writing that makes me MATI with how they handled the game's lore. Also the devs have progressively made the game worse.

Pillars Of Eternity: A bland RPG with mediocre writing and world building. Also has probably the worst written quest I've ever seen in a video game where you have to rescue a noblemen's daughter but it turns out DUN DUN DUN she's actually his niece who's carrying his child. (the game even tries to pass this off as shock which is cringe worthy in itself)

Rainbow Six Siege: The game has been going downhill since season 4 and has never recovered since then. The game's overall aesthetic went out the window too.

Dragon Age Inquisition: ...it's fucking Inquisition.

Livecorpse

LET'S ALL DIE TOGETHER AND BECOME AS GODS
kiwifarms.net
Also the MP patches fucked the campaign.

How so? The game felt really unbalanced, but I couldn't put my finger on why. I only played GDI up to Alexandria, and got so fed up with that dogshit level that I rage quit and deleted the game.

Cable

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it counts but I cannot get into Etrian Odyssey 4 for the life of me. I have restarted the game three or four seperate times since 2014 or 2015 and the farthest I've got yet was into the second region which, IIRC, was pinkish. I just don't have the drive to push farther than that, unfortunately.
Elder Scrolls Online: Fuck whoever wrote that game and fuck them for making me suffer through their fanfiction tier writing that makes me MATI with how they handled the game's lore. Also the devs have progressively made the game worse.
god ESO's base story is legitimately some of the most insufferable nonsense I've been through. Why is every person you find as a partner tortured in the Soul Prison specifically, and why are the expansions that cost in-game currency only slightly better in regards of "oh hey you help these dudes stop a region-destroying threat- UH OH LOOKS LIKE THERE'S ANOTHER WORLD ENDING THREAT COMING ALONG YOU BETTER GO KILL IT"

Basil II

A BOMB.
kiwifarms.net
I will admit there is one game I didn't finish:
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
Everything was going well: 2 of the 4 bosses were beaten, had over half of the masks, and was making excellent progress at a rhythmic pace.
Then, utter failure in Twinmold's dungeon due to a mishap with the hookshot and got stuck at the bottom at that portion of the dungeon.
After being forced to reset time, I couldn't figure out which parts of the game needed to be repeated (and which masks needed to be collected, AGAIN) and I just turned the game off in frustration.
Haven't played it since.

There is also something I haven't played in years due to a bullshit glitch.
The Halo Master Chief Collection.
For some damn reason, I can't get the achievements for completing Halo: Anniversary (MCC) on Legendary as well as half of the campaign's achievements.
I keep hoping one of the updates fixes my predicament, but it hasn't happened so far when I occasionally start the game.
It's crap.
But you keep your masks when resetting, you just lose money and arrows/bombs.

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net
How so? The game felt really unbalanced, but I couldn't put my finger on why. I only played GDI up to Alexandria, and got so fed up with that dogshit level that I rage quit and deleted the game.
Changes to unit health, damage and cost were universal, which makes some of the missions needlessly tedious. For example there is a GDI mission where you are supposed to use Mammoth tanks, But as a result of MP balance patching, The Mammoth had its
-speed reduced by 7%
-rockets' attack power reduced by 25%
-railgun rate of fire reduced by 35% but attack power increased proportionally
-turret turn rate reduced by 66%
Which causes problems when the campaign mission is balanced around prepatch versions of units.

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it counts but I cannot get into Etrian Odyssey 4 for the life of me. I have restarted the game three or four seperate times since 2014 or 2015 and the farthest I've got yet was into the second region which, IIRC, was pinkish. I just don't have the drive to push farther than that, unfortunately.

god ESO's base story is legitimately some of the most insufferable nonsense I've been through. Why is every person you find as a partner tortured in the Soul Prison specifically, and why are the expansions that cost in-game currency only slightly better in regards of "oh hey you help these dudes stop a region-destroying threat- UH OH LOOKS LIKE THERE'S ANOTHER WORLD ENDING THREAT COMING ALONG YOU BETTER GO KILL IT"
It gets even worse in terms of characterization; everyone speaks with insanely flat and lifeless voice acting with only few exceptions that’s sometimes distracting to the point where I had no clue what was going on, Razum-dar the fan favorite proved to be an unlikeable cunt with no standards in the summerset expansion because he murders some guy’s son in front of him all because his son called him a racial slur despite willingly cooperating, and the game in its unbelievably staggering ineptitude in terms of writing consistently tells and shows absolutely nothing with expository dialogue to boot even if whatever’s being told this much exposition will have no significance going forward. I know we love to shittalk WoW for it’s laughable story and Steven Danuser for his obsession over sylvanas but at least he can make some fun schlock every now and then.