- Etrian Odyssey Nexus: The first dungeon just had more of the same problems I had with U2 and V and I just gave up and played IV again. The cart was my buddy's anyway. He told me it's really tedious and drags on too long. It was a bad idea to pick and choose dungeons anyway, they picked most of the crappier ones and it was clearly just a way for them to not scrap the EOU3 assets they already made when U2 turned out to be a flop.
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment: I was interested in the story but the gameplay wasn't fun and I had to grind a lot of money for equipment since I fucked up my rumor spreading. Would've made a better novel if it wasn't so anime.
- Persona Q: Easily the worst balanced DRPG I've ever played. Awful writing, awful dungeon design, awful skill system. There's a character with both light and dark skills, which are almost guaranteed instakills if an enemy is weak to them, and you can buff the chances with a persona trait you can get by level 16. Almost every enemy is weak to either light or dark. This is balance.
- SMTIV: Apocalypse: I actually don't remember if I finished this game, but it basically took every bad aspect of IV and multiplied it. You aren't even allowed to join the Divine Powers. Anytime you tell off one of the spazkids who hangs around you they act confused for a second then carry on. Asahi dying was actually my favorite part of the game.
- Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy: Everything in this game is obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. It's like needing a dictionary to read English because all the words mean something new. The worst Vita DRPG I tried for sure. I have no idea how it got a sequel.
- Demon Gaze: Beating any bosses was pure luck because they constantly outhealed damage and charmed your team. At some point it got more confusing than what was worth doing. I still need to try Demon Gaze 2.
- Atelier Shallie: I got tired of how stupid the progression was, how dumb and generic the characters were, and how ugly the game was.
Anything with anime now is just waifus. Couldn't even get Fatlus to localize Dungeon Travelers 2-2 or Luminous Arc Infinity. It's a godsend they localized Utawarerumono.