Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

JewLay

kiwifarms.net
Arma 3... In my time I've found a large majority of people I've spoke to really dislike this game and the series in general for a few different reasons, mainly because it's a system hog and will push pretty much any system to the limit, and that the concept itself is too difficult for the average FPS player to understand, when you go from a basic FPS like BF or COD to a game which basically uses 99% of the keys on a keyboard then they start complaining that it's to complex... And yes I have heard that from a lot of people.

Escape From Tarkov... This game is basically the anti "free to play", it has several elements which you'd expect from a free to play game including in game trading and currency system, looting for money and a huge learning curve, but this game is sadly being slandered for being a FTP title when it's not... You don't have the usual "pay for more in game money" or "wait an hour before you can play again" like you'd usually see in a FTP title and the weapons are all deadly in a matter of a few shots, this game is still in active development and it's quite irritating seeing the FTP system being associated with it by a large number of people who haven't even bothered to check it out themselves.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked Red Orchestra 2 and sunk many long hours into it. I thought Tripwire settled on a workable mix of arcade and realism in the gameplay balance, even if it is a little more on the arcade side and they were lazy about pulling all the ballistic data from Wikipedia, but it was too much of a change for most Ostfront '41-'45 grognards and they roundly revile it to this day. I concede that the entirety of tank/anti-tank combat and functionality is far more limited than in Ostfront, but the infantry element is significantly more polished and refined compared to Ostfront.

Beowulf Mailbox

Hey, why not, sounds like fun!
kiwifarms.net
Castlevania II. Sure, some of the shit in it is really difficult, sure the translators didn't do a good job, but overall it's not really a bad game. I don't see why there's so much hate for it, it still is fun, and you can still enjoy it. The hard parts can be solved with just with a simple google search, and even if you were a kid in the 80s you'd probably know the answer to it from the kid on the playground who beat it.

Not to mention the great music, which you've probably heard before:

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Army Men

Not just Sarge's Heroes and the first Air Attack (the ones that are liked for nostalgia value) but even stuff like Army Men 3D and Green Rogue. Even the original Army Men and Army Men II were good, and I never got to play Toys in Space, but I probably would like it considering I liked the other games.

I do agree that the last few Army Men games (Sarge's War, Major Malfunction, Soldiers of Misfortune) were pretty bad even by my standards.

BatChatillon

kiwifarms.net
Sine Mora.

Bought all three versions for the Playstation consoles - no cross buying available, sadly. I love the game with its visuals, music and mood, despite it being a bullet hell game which I generally suck at. Sine Mora has been made from a Hungarian studio, in the original version all characters speak Hungarian and it's a nice game for 10 bucks. Unfortunately, not only is it a bullet hell game which makes it kinda niche, the characters are all anthropromorphic, which is why the game receives a bit of hate because furry art.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Beside Final Fantasy VIII, I'd have to say Sonic 3D blast. It was my very first Sonic game, and the notion of a 3D isometric platformer seemed really unique to me as a kid. I have absolutely no desire to ever defend it since the controls can be pretty abysmal, but playing it always makes me feel nice and nostalgic, which is sometimes all you need to like something.

Sine Mora.

Bought all three versions for the Playstation consoles - no cross buying available, sadly. I love the game with its visuals, music and mood, despite it being a bullet hell game which I generally suck at. Sine Mora has been made from a Hungarian studio, in the original version all characters speak Hungarian and it's a nice game for 10 bucks. Unfortunately, not only is it a bullet hell game which makes it kinda niche, the characters are all anthropromorphic, which is why the game receives a bit of hate because furry art.

Aw mate, Digital Reality was the shit! If you're into RTS games your should definately check out some of their other stuff, like Imperium Galactica I-II, Platoon, Hegemonia or Afrika Corps vs. Desert Rats. Stormregion was another Hungarian developer with some great strategy games such as SWINE, Rush To Berlin and Codename: Panzers.

Last edited:

Mimic

It's all so tiresome...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World.
I'm a sucker for monster raising games...

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
If we're talking about message board communities...

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Fallout 4.

Medici

kiwifarms.net
The only recent CoD title I didn't play much of was Ghosts. Not sure why the rest gets so much hate really. The zombie parts of Black Ops were incredibly fun. I guess I can agree with some being samey but still, the games always had fun progression and customization systems for multiplayer. I liked unlocking skins and weapons, the player cards and emblems were also really well put together. You can do some crazy shit with emblems now in BO3 iirc. The character customization in AW was nice to see too.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Children of Mana, Dawn of Mana, Summon Night: Twin Age, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

The latter two for the same reason @That Darn Mimic gave for the former, I love games where you can recruit monsters from random encounters.