Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Brain open for rental(rent free)
kiwifarms.net
Does Chrono Cross count for this thread? That game seems to be extremely love-it-or-hate-it. I'm in the "love it" camp.

Oh, you, Chrono Cross got really good reviews so it doesn't fit in this thread and I'm right-click-saving that avatar.

Figuring out the battle system in Chrono Cross makes me feel like I'm 80 years old and trying to figure out how to install iTunes on my microwave so I can use the iPhone a salesman tricked me into buying. Feels bad.

Neet Tokusatsu Hero

I'm a hero, but still fat and a NEET
kiwifarms.net
It's amazing how well Serious Sam 2 holds up graphically

SS2 still looks good to this this days thanks to it's cartoony and colorful graphics, kinda impressive for a 2005 game, not to mention the game runs with no problems on modern hardware and has native widescreen support, what's not to love about Serios Sam 2?

Jaimas

darkestse.cx
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh speaking of which, Conviction had a fucking amazing Co op experience that me and mate played through in almost a single sitting. We were absolutely hooked.

I won the duel at the end and felt so bad, haha.

Conviction was responsible for one of my favorite Video Game moments. I was playing with @KidKitty, and we went silent, which is rare for a change since usually we shoot the place up to a chorus of alarm bells because the AI sometimes fucks up and sees perfectly when it shouldn't. Anyway, I break left, KidKitty breaks right, we do the mission and suddenly I start hearing this weird banging noise in tune to the club's music. I approach, and I see a half-opened double-door that is shaking repeatedly, as something slams into it over and over. I approach only to see that Kid is relentlessly kicking the door, cancelling the animation, then doing it again. Naturally, my response was to go to the exact opposite side of the door and do the exact same thing in time to his rhythm. We laughed like idiots.

For a game that I like that nobody else seems to? Quake II. I've never understood why so many people hate the fucking thing.

AnaV

I fell for bait and should get capital punishment
kiwifarms.net
This

Attachments

• 84b91e60-3351-4d1f-849a-cb16213b7b49.jpg
    84b91e60-3351-4d1f-849a-cb16213b7b49.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 76

Screw Danlon

Bestest Kurea
kiwifarms.net
I really really liked Alpha Protocol. I have never been a fan of the Bioware style of game, but I love spy stuff, so the combination of the setting, having decisions that actually had time limits, and yeah, admittedly, the ability to just completely break it by playing non-lethally, makes me love that game.

Uncle June

Go shit in your hat
kiwifarms.net
Driver 3 was almost as good as GTA to me, though it was admittadly a long time ago when I played it, back then anything could impress me. Game got absolutely trashed for not being true to its Driver roots, but I never really cared for the Driver series in the first place.

More recently I replayed Wolfenstein 2009 and it is the best in the entire wolfenstein franchise for me. I still love RTCW and New Order/Old Blood (New Colossus/Youngblood suck cock) but W2009 managed to capture the same otherworldly feeling RTCW did without the janky gameplay. It got a lot of flack for being repetitive though, and it is, but that never bothered me because it was so fun.

Last edited:

Prince of Crows

It's been emotional
kiwifarms.net
Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

Never played any of the historical ones so can't speak for them but the Gundam one was fucking fun.

Darsheel

Currently hitting the drum
kiwifarms.net
Conviction was responsible for one of my favorite Video Game moments. I was playing with @KidKitty, and we went silent, which is rare for a change since usually we shoot the place up to a chorus of alarm bells because the AI sometimes fucks up and sees perfectly when it shouldn't. Anyway, I break left, KidKitty breaks right, we do the mission and suddenly I start hearing this weird banging noise in tune to the club's music. I approach, and I see a half-opened double-door that is shaking repeatedly, as something slams into it over and over. I approach only to see that Kid is relentlessly kicking the door, cancelling the animation, then doing it again. Naturally, my response was to go to the exact opposite side of the door and do the exact same thing in time to his rhythm. We laughed like idiots.

For a game that I like that nobody else seems to? Quake II. I've never understood why so many people hate the fucking thing.
Because the game is a fucking tech demo not a game and the ost is the only good thing about

Last edited:

SamTheEagle

What if the true lolcow is inside us?
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure Quake 2 was the first time I ever encountered an FPS played with the mouse and keyboard. My friend didn't even let me try it by myself at the time because it was too advanced.

Grand Wizard Wakka

kiwifarms.net
I really liked Mass Effect Andromeda. I played through it a few times. It reminded of Mass Effect 1. I know everyone loves 2, and so do I, but it turned the series into a level based tunnel shooter instead of an RPG. I like that Andromeda took a lot of things abandoned since ME1 and ran in that direction with the planet exploration and janky physics gameplay. Stuff like Force Unleashed style manipulating enemies was what I always wanted to do in ME, and Andromeda was the game that finally did it. And it felt nice having a galaxy was new, and being an explorer.

Unlike the majority of Bioware fans, I dont play the games to fap, so "Some NPCs have ugly faces." wasn't the massive dealbreaker for me that it was for most people. Bioware games have always been horrifically ugly, including ALL the Mass Effects, so I just never really understood why it was such a big deal with this game. It wasn't a perfect game, but I had more fun with it than ME3 or Inquisition, or a lot of other shit by other devs that people put on a pedestal like Final Fantasy 15 and 13.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

Never played any of the historical ones so can't speak for them but the Gundam one was fucking fun.
The first one was absolutely amazing for the "Original Story" mode doing some goofy ass things.

Master Asia getting a super Boner over Heero and wanting to train him in the "SCHOOL OF MASTER ASIA!" tm was hilariously cool and Heero just having fucking none of it.

Dark Edea

kiwifarms.net
Shadow the Hedgehog
Son. Let's get you back to the Sonic megathread before you get hurt.

I think I am really enjoying Warhammer 40k Inquisitor - Martyr. It is completely retarded. Not sure why it reviewed so poorly.

Robotic Richard Simmons

Robotic Weight Saint
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I genuinely like Sea of Thieves despite the initial reception to the game. It's great for 2 players, sucks with 3. I hear playing with 4 is a lot of coordination but it's fun to grief groups of people that can't coordinate to save their lives.

Cardenio

#SlavaChargers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked Quake 4 and Doom 3.
I never got hooked with Doom 3, always just bothered me how corpses would disintegrate and it always felt too dark to me. Wonder if a modern Display would allievate that as I remember playing it first on what surely was a crappy LCD.

Quake 4 on the other hand was just such a simple gung-ho shooter that I had a lot of fun with. RIP Raven.