Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Professor G. Raff

Oh, the line forms on the right, babe
kiwifarms.net
better music than anything in the mainline series.
I can respect your opinion on the game-play, I think they're enjoyable, but that is a hell of a take on the music. Symphony of the Night's OST alone is god-like and the classic games are also jam packed with bangers.

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
A lot of my favorite games are divisive, such as Starfox Adventures and Super Mario Sunshine, but I can't think of any that I enjoy which are generally hated (it's often the opposite though).

Maybe Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time? It's at least one of the most disliked games in its series, but I think it was okay, and actually the second best among the first three I played.

Santa Fe Swag

Too much Juice Too much Sauce
kiwifarms.net
Goldeneye rogue agent, it was the lamest cash grab from EA back in 04 and most people don't even know it exists but it has a very special place in my heart.

EmpGulcasa

Why can't people just be normal?
kiwifarms.net
I can respect your opinion on the game-play, I think they're enjoyable, but that is a hell of a take on the music. Symphony of the Night's OST alone is god-like and the classic games are also jam packed with bangers.
The mainline games all have maybe one or two tracks everyone loves, but when you make as many games as there are that's inevitable. Both Lords of Shadow games have nothing but bangers for every boss encounter and it's tragic the guy behind it didn't get more work.

Kurtis Trent

tomb raider fanboy
kiwifarms.net
I didn't hate Remothered, the final product was just disappointing. It could've been so much better if they actually took their time with it. I did like the atmosphere but the gameplay is frustrating, the voice acting sounds oddly rushed most of the time, and the story can be hard to follow. Not to mention the sequel, Broken Porcelain, was nearly unplayable on launch because of the sheer amount of bugs. I'm surprised I managed to finish both of them.

Remothered had some interesting concepts (the whole moth powers thing in Broken Porcelain in particular), and the Red Nun was admittedly pretty spooky, but it needed a LOT more polishing before being released.
yeah but it dared to show the horrors of child transitioning #based

edit: still better than Nightcry

Last edited:

Shabobus

kiwifarms.net
I thought Lester the Unlikely was a lot of fun when I was young. I was surprised when I found out a lot of people consider it one of the worst SNES games.

M3xus

This user doesn't know what he's talking about
kiwifarms.net
The two Castlevania: Lords of Shadow games. They're solid God of War-likes with better music than anything in the mainline series.

Got any good examples?
2 honestly would be a near 8/10 if it weren't for the stealth bits.

EmpGulcasa

Why can't people just be normal?
kiwifarms.net
2 honestly would be a near 8/10 if it weren't for the stealth bits.
I can agree with this, those were easily the worst parts of the game. I just don't understand all the hate the game gets when every single boss fight is fun and has some of the best music in the franchise.

TsundereDev

kiwifarms.net
When I was a kid, answer would have been Advent Rising. I have no idea why I played it so much, I can definitely recognize it as kinda shit. I liked OSC as a kid, so maybe that was a contributing factor. Adolescent stage, it's Dragon Age II. Reused locales were cancerous but I got sucked in anyways. As an adult... most hours I've sunk into something stupid was TNO. I thought it was very creative and novel, suited my appetite for reading, etc. Unfortunately, it was all troonery in the end.

(To my shame, I even volunteered as a writer for the project, but ghosted before I contributed anything cause of the fucking sheer insanity of the people in that server.)

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Brain open for rental(rent free)
kiwifarms.net
Gone Home. I thought it was a sweet story and the music's great.
I liked it but I had spotty internet access at the time so I never read anything about it other than high review scores and my takeaway was probably very different from what was intended by the devs or romanticized by most people playing it. It was the tale of an idiot girl rebelling and the grrl power whim will ultimately lead to her becoming a transient junkie underage hooker despite identifying as a lesbian. To me it fits with the sexual abuse stuff and other family turbulence.

Bonesjones

kiwifarms.net
I liked it but I had spotty internet access at the time so I never read anything about it other than high review scores and my takeaway was probably very different from what was intended by the devs or romanticized by most people playing it. It was the tale of an idiot girl rebelling and the grrl power whim will ultimately lead to her becoming a transient junkie underage hooker despite identifying as a lesbian. To me it fits with the sexual abuse stuff and other family turbulence.
It also cost like 20 dollars and was 20 minutes long

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Brain open for rental(rent free)
kiwifarms.net
It also cost like 20 dollars and was 20 minutes long
A first play through was longer than that when at the time when you knew nothing about it, it was built around inspecting items and get contextual clues from that and the texture work was honestly good at the time meaning you could read labels and notes etc.

The 4chan post it still true though: "if I wanted to rummage through a childs belongings to find out that they're gay I would visit your house"

The game was definitely a flash in the pan, now everyone knows the twist and knows it's not a spooky game but at release people didn't know. I had a good time with it.

Unpopular opinion: I also think Firewatch was nice.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everybody likes Recettear, but everybody seems to hate the dungeons.

I think they're fine. You just need to commit to doing a whole dungeon in one sitting to get good rewards and know what ingredients you might want. The dungeons are difficult but you master them pretty quickly. There's also a whole other story behind them.

Spud

kiwifarms.net
Final Fantasy 15. I know that it has big flaws,a lackluster final act and a very empty world despite it's size but I enjoyed the oversimplified combat and level progression, the beautiful landscapes, music was hit or miss excluding FATM cover of Stand by me. Post game stuff was alright Flying Regalia is very cool

albert the programmer

Java programming under Chris Cornell’s name
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
CD8286DD-AAF5-4A1C-AD30-F7109B31E83F.jpeg

Hack and slash games like this one are my favorite. The Onechanbara series as a whole is underrated.

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Morrowind. Any time someone brings up the Elder Scrolls I'll mention loving Morrowind when I was younger, then they always say something like "oh, that game sucks! Whenever I try to hit anything attacking me it doesn't register? like the fuck!?"

Then trying to explain how the combat works I'll get the "Oh... well that's dumb."
>one of the most critically acclaimed RPGs of the early 2000s and the game that put Elder Scrolls firmly on the map
>hated

I have to go with Driv3r. I can't really say I love the game, especially considering how shit the on foot sections are, but the driving is as good as the first two games and it was cool to see cities like Nice and Istanbul in a game rather than New York or Los Angeles for the umpteenth time. I never got the crazy hate the game got at the time.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>one of the most critically acclaimed RPGs of the early 2000s and the game that put Elder Scrolls firmly on the map
>hated

By people who are used to the dumbed down character development devoid endlessly remade hopelessly overrated soulless extruded game product that is Skyrim, yes.

Of course the real hipster answer to "best Elder Scrolls game" is Daggerfall.