Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Angel Dust

Adoption is Death to the Real Family
kiwifarms.net
Resident evil 6. Arguably one of the worst games ever made, but I had a ton of fun co-oping it with my sister. We mocked the shit out of it MST3000 style, and it was the last game we played together before she moved.

I also really like Brutal Legend. Flawed af and infuriating combat system, but I liked just driving around the world running over demons and listening to heavy metal. The enemy designs were super cool and I looked forward to unlocking a new area to see them. Plus I mean, you can ride a fire breathing gorilla and a jaguar that shoots lasers out of its eyes.

Mooger Meng

Now I've got your autism!
kiwifarms.net
I think people forgot, consider mediocre, or are indifferent to, Quantum Break, Urban Reign, and Prototype 1. I had fun, but I see people shit on those games.
Most of the combat was fun, but Greene and the final boss are cordially invited to stick their dicks in the sun. The first Hunter fight in the warehouse before you have any powers to work with was bullshit, too.

Mecer was a better protagonist than Heller, hands down. Heller would have been a much better character if he was a pure viral construct instead of Angry But Driven Black Family Man - either an entity that was made from a bunch of mental turmoil that Mercer had cast off to keep from going completely crazy, or an amalgamation of memories that was an accidental by-product of Mercer (or leftovers from Greene's antics) that spends 2/3 of the game believing it was a single person. Either way, you could have set up the sequel's protagonist to be something almost alien and it could have been interesting, but noooooo we can't have nice things.

Destro's Last Stand

kiwifarms.net
Most of the combat was fun, but Greene and the final boss are cordially invited to stick their dicks in the sun. The first Hunter fight in the warehouse before you have any powers to work with was bullshit, too.

Mecer was a better protagonist than Heller, hands down. Heller would have been a much better character if he was a pure viral construct instead of Angry But Driven Black Family Man - either an entity that was made from a bunch of mental turmoil that Mercer had cast off to keep from going completely crazy, or an amalgamation of memories that was an accidental by-product of Mercer (or leftovers from Greene's antics) that spends 2/3 of the game believing it was a single person. Either way, you could have set up the sequel's protagonist to be something almost alien and it could have been interesting, but noooooo we can't have nice things.
I went Musclemass/Whipfist all of the way for those two bosses, throwing shit and Bulletdiving from the tallest building, it seemed out of place from what we know about redlight/blacklight for her to fire those homing green balls. That whipfist longshot poke by holding y/triangle does a good bit of damage considering how much range it covers.

I never considered for Heller himself to be the offshoot of the Blacklight virus, that would be more satisfying than the "WHERE'S MAYA!?!" subplot, it could also open doors for people who want to customize their character in the third game. People had issues about the blade being overpowered in the first game, the second game didn't balance it, they gimped the blade in favor for Tendrils, claws are still useless.

Attached is the comic on why Mercer turned evil after saving New York from a nuke. [Start at page 9 for relevance] It was because of a woman.
So I won't bog down this topic with too much Prototype discussion, I would like to add Radical turned Blackwatch from a "necessary evil" military group to cousin-fucking retards with football uniforms, that is very disappointing.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    710.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    828.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 15
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    782.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 28

Mooger Meng

Now I've got your autism!
kiwifarms.net
I went Musclemass/Whipfist all of the way for those two bosses, throwing shit and Bulletdiving from the tallest building, it seemed out of place from what we know about redlight/blacklight for her to fire those homing green balls. That whipfist longshot poke by holding y/triangle does a good bit of damage considering how much range it covers.

I never considered for Heller himself to be the offshoot of the Blacklight virus, that would be more satisfying than the "WHERE'S MAYA!?!" subplot, it could also open doors for people who want to customize their character in the third game. People had issues about the blade being overpowered in the first game, the second game didn't balance it, they gimped the blade in favor for Tendrils, claws are still useless.

Attached is the comic on why Mercer turned evil after saving New York from a nuke. [Start at page 9 for relevance] It was because of a woman.
So I won't bog down this topic with too much Prototype discussion, I would like to add Radical turned Blackwatch from a "necessary evil" military group to cousin-fucking retards with football uniforms, that is very disappointing.
Really, when you make a game where you're playing as John Carpenter's The Thing, it's a perfect opportunity to pull that kind of narrative curveball on the character. What do you do when it comes to light that you really aren't who you know you are? Even worse, when "you" never really existed in the first place? How do the people you "know" react when they find out? So many fun existential questions left on the table.
And of course, Blackwatch spending the time between 1 and 2 living on a diet of retard pills. They were much more effective antagonists as intelligent, calculated bastards rather than the moustache-twirling carboard cutouts they were replaced with.
All the wasted potential is the worst thing about Prototype 2, I think.

Kuchipatchi

How do you do, fellow women? #lgbtqiap
kiwifarms.net
I also really like Brutal Legend. Flawed af and infuriating combat system, but I liked just driving around the world running over demons and listening to heavy metal. The enemy designs were super cool and I looked forward to unlocking a new area to see them. Plus I mean, you can ride a fire breathing gorilla and a jaguar that shoots lasers out of its eyes.
I really need to get the game again. I sold it years ago due to getting frustrated over getting stuck at a certain level. I can imagine the price of the game going up if enough people make "It's not that bad" type of content about it.

I still have the save data, thankfully.

One game I enjoyed way back when the PS3 was still the latest console was Splatterhouse 2010. I was bad at it but I still enjoyed what the game offered. Rick's design is pretty cool with a fun super form to hack and slash enemies.

Funny enough, the voice for the Terror Mask is the same as Winnie the Pooh. That's metal.

Destro's Last Stand

kiwifarms.net
Really, when you make a game where you're playing as John Carpenter's The Thing, it's a perfect opportunity to pull that kind of narrative curveball on the character. What do you do when it comes to light that you really aren't who you know you are? Even worse, when "you" never really existed in the first place? How do the people you "know" react when they find out? So many fun existential questions left on the table.
And of course, Blackwatch spending the time between 1 and 2 living on a diet of retard pills. They were much more effective antagonists as intelligent, calculated bastards rather than the moustache-twirling carboard cutouts they were replaced with.
An amalgam of personalities who thinks he is a man with a military background from all of the marines and Blackwatch consumed, that would have got me invested in the story more. For the science subplot, redlight was created to eliminate specific racial types, they really could have leaned into that more with Gentek's blacklight/whitelight strains, as another subplot, repurpose Dr. Koenig to be invested to continue Dr. Mercer's work, but they shied away because the devs heard that the conspiracies from the first game wasn't clicking with people, so they made it a revenge story, it didn't help that they had a new writer. They simplified the gameplay, story, and characters, it shows that there are very few morally gray characters, mostly just ones that will take time to help an old lady across the street or the other set who would drown a sack full of puppies and kittens just because. Also there is that Blackwatch guy who wants to have sex with the zombie with a hot bod and that guy who gunned down that autistic kid in the audio recordings, stacking on the wasted potential pile is the biggest one, being denied Mercer vs Pariah.

I don't know how the ports are, but if anyone plays the Prototype series, in the first game, users had a problem with enemies attacking you from off screen, with P2, a lot of them will actually circle around toward your field of view before attacking, I've seen it with the Hunters, Juggernauts, and SuperSoldiers.

Flavius Anthemius

Praetorian prefect of the East
kiwifarms.net
Haven't seen the game mentioned yet, and I was kind of taking a break from new releases when this game came out as I was playing older stuff, but Sonic Forces was a game that I personally really enjoyed, and a lot of the Sonic fans have really been taken aback by from what I can gather, more than usual.

Now there were some major faults sure (like not using Chaos in any type of gameplay, the 2D sonic stages being too long/bland) but throughout my playthrough I was fairly hooked and viewed the game in a positive light. The main Sonic stages were bread and butter modern style so they were fun as hell travelling at high speeds, now your player character having an interchangeable weapon with the wisps was pretty neat, I wouldn't have minded if you could have played as Sonic's friends in those stages as well instead of using your custom character, but I didn't mind, it made the start of the story more interesting since Sonic technically lost before the game even started, the stakes were high with you being the only rookie who could succeed and Sonic's companions counting on you as they were helping across the globe, and a fairly intimidating new villain whose true power was shrouded in mystery. Restoring the world by slowly capturing points (stages) on the globe made it feel like your efforts were actually leading somewhere, and made the games finale all the more impressionable to me when your finally defeated Eggman with Sanic and your OC pal.

Of course like most Sonic games, the soundtrack hit the right notes and there was a good amount of replayability if you wanted to go for all the red rings and fastest times. I guess most of the disappointment I saw was people comparing the game to Sonic Mania and how it wasn't even in the same league to be considered as good as Generations or Unleashed, but in more ways then one it had what made those games good and wasn't trying to be a 2D love letter per se.

Resunoit

I don’t like dicks, I like chicks - Nulls fave toy
kiwifarms.net
I liked FFXIII. Even hotter take, I thought lightning returns was the worst of the trilogy. Maybe I wasn’t used to the new style of gameplay. Another hot take, ffxiii-2 is the best of the trilogy.

Also I liked dead space 3. No doubt it’s the worst of the trilogy, but I still thought it was a fun game. I enjoy dead space in general, although I don’t care for the spin-offs.

Silent hill 4. Like DS3, it’s the worst of the quadrilogy, but I still liked it. The protagonist is a lame ass but it’s definitely a scary game.

Last edited:

I am Jack's dead arm

100% KETO~! {OBJ} {OBJ}
kiwifarms.net
I really need to get the game again. I sold it years ago due to getting frustrated over getting stuck at a certain level. I can imagine the price of the game going up if enough people make "It's not that bad" type of content about it.

I still have the save data, thankfully.

One game I enjoyed way back when the PS3 was still the latest console was Splatterhouse 2010. I was bad at it but I still enjoyed what the game offered. Rick's design is pretty cool with a fun super form to hack and slash enemies.

Funny enough, the voice for the Terror Mask is the same as Winnie the Pooh. That's metal.
I liked Splatter house as well. The gameplay was shallow as a kiddie pool, but there was a ton of blood, good dark humor, and a great soundtrack. Also it was the only way to get a legit uncensored version of the original arcade game.

Brutal Legend was cool, too, if a bit short. A lot of the game seemed like a tutorial for the multiplayer, which never took off.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked FFXIII. Even hotter take, I thought lightning returns was the worst of the trilogy. Maybe I wasn’t used to the new style of gameplay. Another hot take, ffxiii-2 is the best of the trilogy.

Also I liked dead space 3. No doubt it’s the worst of the trilogy, but I still thought it was a fun game. I enjoy dead space in general, although I don’t care for the spin-offs.

Silent hill 4. Like DS3, it’s the worst of the quadrilogy, but I still liked it. The protagonist is a lame ass but it’s definitely a scary game.
The soundtrack to dead space 3 was really good

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently people didn’t like the DS version of FF4.

While I can understand why other people wouldn’t, I generally liked the art style. And the Voice acting was pretty good all things considered.

I also liked how there’s a whole side quest involving Namingway suffering an existential crisis due to not being able to change your characters’ names in a game with voice acting.

Granted, it’s the only version of the game I played, and judging from what I’ve seen, I can see why it’s not most people’s favorite version.

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
Some Action 52 games are kinda fun. Horribly flawed. But still fun to play for a bit.

I enjoyed Evil Empire. And Bubblegum Rosie looks like somebody actually tried to make a playable game. It's about as playable as Cheetahmen. I feel like they should have just worked on Cheetahmen instead of making 52 mostly terrible games. Then again, look at Cheetahmen 2. :roll:

Megaton Punch

kiwifarms.net
Bubsy. It's so crappy it's endearing. And it's really not that bad of a game once you figure out what the game is asking of you.

Bubsy 2 even moreso. It's like a fever dream in a cartridge and people justifiably think it's unplayable. But if you give it a real chance you'll learn to appreciate the insanity.

Bubsy 3D is just fucking horrible though.

TVBForever

kiwifarms.net
I stated this during the Warped Kart Racers thread, but I'm quite enjoying it a lot. I get that not a lot of people are going to be interested in it because of the addition of Solar Opposite characters or stages are playable racers (and I personally rather wanted characters and stages based off Archer or Futurama instead), and also because of but muh Apple Arcade, but for a Mario Kart clone featuring characters from Fox animated shows, it's pretty fun and addicting, and I surprisingly copare it to Garfield Kart. It's not perfect and it'll definitely not set the world on fire, but again, you could do much worse.

Spud

Vtuber jersh isn't real
kiwifarms.net
Halo 4: I do agree with the popular consensus that 5 was total poo poo. But 4 was alright. Past the godawful plot and the terrible despawning system, I enjoyed my time playing the game. Plus Spartan Ops was a lot more fun than the actual campaign itself.
I just want to add fuck playing legendary solo. I beat it but man was it a slog

The Gifted Kid

we no trust homo sapien...
kiwifarms.net
Spider-Man 3 for PS2/Wii. It's an obvious step down from Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 but it's not completely horrible. Playing as the black suit, the sound effects sound really good and satisfying when you punch someone down the street. The Wii version also had a cool mechanic where you used both the nun-chuck and the wiimote to web swing by controlling Spider-Man's right and left arms. Definitely works better in theory but cool nonetheless. Again I wouldn't even say it's a good game but I liked it for what it was and it's surprisingly better than the version for PS3 and Xbox360.

Mega Black

kiwifarms.net
They were much more effective antagonists as intelligent, calculated bastards rather than the moustache-twirling carboard cutouts they were replaced with.
While I did find the dialogue for Blackwatch soldiers absolutely fucking hysterical I do feel this throughout most of that game's writing. The whole game tries so hard to make Heller the best of all the antagonistic forces at work that it comes across as hammy and retarded, and boils down a fairly compelling concept and (very dark) setting into yet another goofy comicbook setting that doesn't take itself seriously at all. It'd be different if only a couple of people were comically evil in Blackwatch, but instead they go out of their way to categorize all of the regular shmucks there as mustache twirlers as well. That mission where you follow around a patrol and they all talk about how much they love to murder civilians is really goofy.

I still wish Prototype wasn't a dead I.P. though. I think about how good a new game could be with today's technology and weep. I feel like a lot of 2 and 1 was held back by hardware.