Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

Big Meaty Claws

What did you say, punk?!
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy Doom 3 a lot, like in its own way. Doom 3 is great as a game, i love the atmosphere, the music, the tense moments, guns are OK (Plasma Rifle is the best), monster designs are great, levels are nice and feel like im exploring a mars space station. I also enjoy on how immersive it is and how i can easily get wrapped up in the game.

Now compared to other doom games, yea its a shitty DOOM game, but as a game without comparison to its bothers it stands tall on it own merits.

King

Get in the god damn robot!
kiwifarms.net
Rascal for the PS1, apparently this is hailed as the single worst PS1 game ever. I recently found my old childhood copy in some boxes in storage along with all of my N64 and gamecube games (Meaning have doubles of this shit now, I thought I lost everything at some point). I remembered loving this game as a kid, but being curious I looked up a review to find nothing but negativity surrounding it. I was even warned by some random kiwi not to touch it to maintain my fond memories.

I shelved it and came back a few days later to see if it was really terrible as everyone said it was. Lo and behold, I wound up enjoying it, even beat it yesterday after not ever getting past the 2nd level as a kid. I guess this falls under the "One man's trash, is another man's treasure" saying.

Sun Shihong

Noodle Waifu
kiwifarms.net
Go on, pick any of the "Warriors"/Musou games. Sure it's a generic button masher with weeb factor off the charts, but there's some sick heavy metal riffs/techno beats and I enjoy wiping out those silly peons with a few sword strokes.

People bitch over Smash Brothers Brawl because it's not as "competitive" as Melee or SSB4. The tripping mechanic sucks, but the subspace emissary mode is very fun to play.​

TMNT Hyperstone Heist for the Mega Drive gets scorned because it's rather underwhelming when compared to the Super Nintendo, but the music sounds a lot better.

The_Truth

kiwifarms.net
The only recent CoD title I didn't play much of was Ghosts. Not sure why the rest gets so much hate really.
Ghosts was truly an awful game.

I think there's so much hate in the CoD community due to the nature of two different developers. You either like the way Treyarch does things or you like Infinity Ward and that's always going to polarize people.

I liked Modern Warfare 2, but if I'm honest with myself Black Ops 2 and Treyarch make games I enjoy more.

I haven't liked the last couple of CoDs but I have high hopes for WW2.

Puukalikka

kiwifarms.net
quite a bit of Tumblr likes it.
I have played this game quite many times and I don't seriously remember any reason for tumblr liking this more than any other game. I mean it has been years since my last playthrough, so can you tell me some examples?

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
Dead Rising 4 gets way too much hate. I really enjoyed it mostly. Also I think Batman Arkham Knight is about as good as Arkham City. Maybe slightly worse but still solid.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Who in the world hates Fallout 3?
Some of the classic Fallout spergs, like the ones on No Mutants Allowed. For them, to say that they hate the game and Bethesda is a bit of an understatement, they're outright livid because the series was taken in a different direction and some perceived mistakes with the lore (like, really minor shit, such as Jet being in Vaults).

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Farmer
kiwifarms.net
I have played this game quite many times and I don't seriously remember any reason for tumblr liking this more than any other game. I mean it has been years since my last playthrough, so can you tell me some examples?
Fallout seems like it'd be problematic af, remembering bits from my play-throughs. Maybe because the big bad in the game is militantly xenophobic government figures that the player's character can canonically crush.

Some of the classic Fallout spergs, like the ones on No Mutants Allowed. For them, to say that they hate the game and Bethesda is a bit of an understatement, they're outright livid because the series was taken in a different direction and some perceived mistakes with the lore (like, really minor shit, such as Jet being in Vaults).
Those guys, ugh. If they had their way, Fallout would be inaccessible to people who didn't grow up on 90s computer games. Which is sad, as Fallout has fantastic secondary story content that fills in the bigger picture, yet isn't as serious about the nuclear apocalypse as others are while still having its' moments.

Tbh,
I thought Jet being in the vaults was due to the item generator... which was about as hilariously buggy as the physics engine at times.

Edit: added in reply to Vault Boy.

Last edited:

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dear god those guys were so toxic, you needed rad x before going on those forums. :coster:

Still, one of the guys on there did make the restoration patch for Fallout 2 which added in a bunch of unused content, so there's that.

I think Tumblr loves New Vegas more because of Arcade Gannon.

Honestly though, who doesn't love Arcade?

Arcade was awesome. Hell, pretty much all the follower characters were awesome in their own way.

But wait, I thought gay males were on par with straight white men in terms of "mah privilege" now with those guys? If anything I'd imagine Veronica would be the Fallout darling on there due to her being a lesbo.