Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Gravityqueen4life

MEOW!
kiwifarms.net
sonic heroes. the years have not been kind to my baby and alot of people seem to remember only the bad parts of the game. i still find the Graphics to be very nice and the soundtrack is one of the best of the series. the gameplay is slippery sure but not unplayable. once you understand it, you can have complete Control over the game and its fun to speed run through. since i was a Child with no income at the time, i spent alot of time with the game (like over 100 hours since im a sped and was a big sonic fan of the time) and even 100% it. that rarely happens when i play something.

some of the team caoticx stages can get fucked though.

Last edited:

Spit bucket

Hey, would you like to join the way of Jashin?
kiwifarms.net
Assassin's Creed III was the best Assassin's Creed aside from Black Flag (Black Flag doesn't count since it's more of a strange spin-off that feels like a different series).
It still blow's my mind how people still try to paint AC3 like it's the Devil may Cry2 of the series. Everyone loves to suck off the ezio trilogy ( mostly nostalgia ) and Black flag, even though brotherhood and revelations are 2 glorified DLC's for AC2 stretched out with filler to make a full game, ( witch was admitted by the actual fucking devs ) and Black Flag having the most tailing missions and is the biggest copy and paste job in the series, " buh datz ookaeee cuz MUH PIRATEZ". And since 3 all they did was strip features, can't pick up weapons ( unity and forward ) can't air assassinate with any weapon ( unity and forward ) can't assassinate from blend spots ( black flag and forward ) limited tools to use ( Black Flag and forward ), no assassin recruits ( black flag and forward ) and don't get me started on how much they shoehorn in micro transactions since 4, "time savers" lol fuck off.

Dwight Frye

kiwifarms.net
I liked Sacred 2. Most people I talked with that hated it didn't seem to understand the rune/skill system. They kept chugging every rune they found then complained when their cooldown times for skills were sky high. The community patch makes it even better.

Watch_Dogs really was terrific, and a lot of the hate came from a vocal minority of internet spergs who got assmad about how its E3 trailer looked slightly better than the retail PC release. None of the hate was about any of the five different console versions, let alone how the DLC-free Wii U version was a year late for no reason.

Why does this video have 7.2 million views? Oh no, the details in the physics engine aren't absolutely mind-blowing. What did you expect? It was a fun game otherwise, and causing crashes by hacking street lights to run the police in pursuit off the road was a lot of fun. Even the protagonist, albeit bland, was believable. At least a lot more believable than the soft black kid you play as in the sequel who looks more like he should be holding a game controller than a gun.

Aside from the graphics issue (which didn't effect me, since I do my AAA gaming on consoles), people complained a lot about Watch_Dogs for being too empty or something. A lot of people seemed to expect it to be GTA and were pissy that they didn't get GTA: Smartphone Edition, OR thought it was going to be one of those spergy hacking simulators. I thought the actual game played better than a GTA, though. The hacking was sort of shallow, but it did exactly what it needed to, and I thought it had a pretty large effect on the gameplay. I don't know, I just got way more satisfaction out of interacting with Chicago and the minigames and the hacking system than I did out of anything in GTA V.

The story was a bit of a shame in that they didn't do much with the idea of government/corporate surveillance in favor of a Mob story, but the Mob story was executed well. I think it's one of those things where the cliches only bother you if you've been exposed to them a lot already... I don't play/watch a ton of that sort of thing, so it didn't feel cliche to me. Aiden Pearce was definitely a better character than Marcus Holloway. Marcus is superficially charismatic, but I cannot believe him, in any situation, shooting gangbangers with an assault rifle. I found Aiden sympathetic and accessible.

Plus, Watch_Dogs 2 felt so shitty in terms of quality. I never could get into it, really. But it seemed like the city was really empty, the car chases and car handling were clunky (I LIKED the realistic, heavy cars in Watch_Dogs, Watch_Dogs 2 is a fucking cartoon), and the profile stuff when you scan people seems like it was written by some soyboy who's never left the rich part of San Francisco, because everybody has a lol-so-quirky personality and a white collar job.

I'm interested in Legion but am put off by the politics. It's also pretty lame that they're making the NPCs more or less identical. You should NOT be able to parkour as some 80-year-old grandmother.

It still blow's my mind how people still try to paint AC3 like it's the Devil may Cry2 of the series. Everyone loves to suck off the ezio trilogy ( mostly nostalgia ) and Black flag, even though brotherhood and revelations are 2 glorified DLC's for AC2 stretched out with filler to make a full game, ( witch was admitted by the actual fucking devs ) and Black Flag having the most tailing missions and is the biggest copy and paste job in the series, " buh datz ookaeee cuz MUH PIRATEZ". And since 3 all they did was strip features, can't pick up weapons ( unity and forward ) can't air assassinate with any weapon ( unity and forward ) can't assassinate from blend spots ( black flag and forward ) limited tools to use ( Black Flag and forward ), no assassin recruits ( black flag and forward ) and don't get me started on how much they shoehorn in micro transactions since 4, "time savers" lol fuck off.

I remember people mostly bitching that AC3 was too slow and boring and that it was all too scripted. I suppose it was comparatively more scripted. But for me, I really liked the story, the minigames, and the world design. It felt like a masterpiece of an homage to the American Revolution.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I think 3's starting to enjoy a better reception thanks to that remaster and just how much Unity shat the bed.

It's not as revered as the Ezio trilogy, Black Flag, or Origins, but people are now seeing it as a fun and ambitious game.

Actually, I think 3's starting to enjoy a better reception thanks to that remaster and just how much Unity shat the bed.

It's not as revered as the Ezio trilogy, Black Flag, or Origins, but people are now seeing it as a fun and ambitious game.

Funny enough, I never had any issues with Unity (at least on my first playthrough). So the main complaint people had against it didn't apply to my specific case. But I didn't think the game in general was as good as 3, even though it was still good.

Syndicate was poo, I never played Rogue, and Origins is pretty okay but way too long/not good enough for me to care about finishing. I wont' get Odyssey since it's so over-the-top PC.

Gatdam Animal Person

Hot dog!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I also enjoy the NES Nightmare on Elm Street game. Ever since the AVGN review it got a bad wrap. The only down sides to it being that you can't see your health bar and the hit-detection can be questionable which is something James never brought up in his video. Far more questionable than Ninja Gaiden 1 or NES Batman. Otherwise it's a good game. 7/10 material unlike the Friday the 13th game which is dog shit.
I have this game in my collection, it's really fun with 4 players. I like to use the Game Genie to finish the game with infinite lives. Yeah it removes all the challenge but it's way more fun that way!

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
How? Did you play the other origins?
Played that one and II several times, and I still like Inquisition. It's not that odd to like a whole series.

Oh, and I like COD WWII as well. Pretty good campaign, if a little too similar to past WWII COD games.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Star Ocean 3. Those that played the full series said it narratively ruins all the games as a whole, but it was my first Star Ocean and I really enjoy led it all. The battle system, choosing your team, the way it decides who you end up going with at the end, it was all fun.

Titty Figurine

SoF Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's an old kind of terrible jetski trick racing game for PS2 called Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild that I still love to this day. My friends and my siblings absolutely despised it. It's got awful graphics, cheesy dialogue, clumsy unresponsive controls, and it's a blatant ripoff of the Tony Hawk trick scoring system (on jetskis!) but the amount of hours I've put into that since the early 00s is ridiculous. I found it in my teens on sale at Sam's Club of all places and it's followed me around faithfully ever since.

Beyond that a couple that were already mentioned I agree with. Sonic Heroes is still the shit and DmC: Devil May Cry is an edgecringe guilty pleasure of the highest order. It feels like playing a Supernatural fangirl's fever dream but I still enjoy it.

I get nostalgia feels for the not-actually-FF FF games (SaGa maybe?) that were on GBC and sold as like Final Fantasy III despite being a different series, but it's been so long since I've touched one that I can't remember if they're actually good or bad. They just stand out as kind of odd and I don't run into a lot of people who remember playing them.

Mimic

It's all so tiresome...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get nostalgia feels for the not-actually-FF FF games (SaGa maybe?) that were on GBC and sold as like Final Fantasy III despite being a different series, but it's been so long since I've touched one that I can't remember if they're actually good or bad. They just stand out as kind of odd and I don't run into a lot of people who remember playing them.
Final Fantasy Legend 1-3? Yeah those were SaGa 1-3. Very enjoyable games.

I've got a few to add here. DmC was already mentioned, and while I am extremely glad it was a one off and we did get a proper Devil May Cry 5, I really enjoyed it for what it was. Combat was solid, the plot was... not the greatest but not bad either. Felt like playing a cheesy summer action movie from a director who loves using the fuck word, which I can get behind.

I'm gonna get hell for this, but I liked Mega Man X7. It's a horrible Mega Man game, but it's a pretty solid action game. My only real gripe is having to save those fragile as fuck reploids to get upgrades and stuff. You really gotta exploit the system to make sure you rescue all of 'em. Though it did hard crash my Switch so...

Phantasy Star III. It gets overlooked a lot in the series for various reasons, but I found the plot and the generations system to be pretty enjoyable, especially for an early RPG like this.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Halo 4/5. 5 more though.

I was meh on the Covenant and Loathed the Flood, and I like The Badguy who was revealed in 5. In the very least the trilogy won't end on a lame GTA style driving level.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In a mostly ironic way, I love Sonic 06. The game was such a massive disaster on almost every level, but in a way, its terribleness had its charms. The buggy levels, the bad voice acting and lip synching, the loading times, Elise, ect. It was like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. It's just fun to watch and see people's reactions.

With all that being said, the music is by far the best part in the game, and frankly some of the game's ideas weren't all that bad. Mephiles was kind of a fun villain in a cheesy sort of way

There really isn't much else like it out there.

Dwight Frye

kiwifarms.net
NightCaster on the original Xbox has been mostly forgotten, and not well liked by those who do remember it. It's not a great game, but I had fun with it.

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
Battlefield V. I did not touch the MP, but I had a lot of fun smoking indica and playing the campaign that had a B-movie charm to it.

I will also say I thought Deadly Premonition was awesome, even though I can see why many people hated it.

I also enjoy the occasional narrative game - like David Cage productions and the stuff that TellTale used to put out. They may not have any difficulty behind them whatsoever, but sometimes that’s the whole appeal for me. A working man needs to shut his brain off once in a while.

DecimatedFerret

I'm deaded
kiwifarms.net
It's been years since I've played it but I thought Final Fantasy 13 was a pretty fun game. I never cared about the pseudo openess of the average JRPG so the linearity never bothered me and the corntastic melodramatic story had a certain kind of charm, on the other hand the game stayed way too easy for way too long. Also, the game just looked amazing.

SSX On Tour, I don't know if it's hated but every time I've heard the SSX series getting talked about On Tour never gets mentioned. I played so much of that game as a kid.