Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Less one that everyone hates and one most people don't remember.

I liked the Original Prey, the one where Native American guy gets sucked into space and has to kill his girlfriend.

Same. I believe it ran off the Doom 3 engine. It had a lot of quirky level design and some really cool guns. The death minigame made even the highest difficulty absurdly easy though.

A shame we never got the actual sequel and instead got a completely unrelated game with the same name that everyone instantly forgot about.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same. I believe it ran off the Doom 3 engine. It had a lot of quirky level design and some really cool guns. The death minigame made even the highest difficulty absurdly easy though.

A shame we never got the actual sequel and instead got a completely unrelated game with the same name that everyone instantly forgot about.
Oh it had problems, but it was cool.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
I'm in a small minority of people who like the original and unrelated prey games. they're both good but for completely different reasons. prey mooncrash was a damn fine experience in itself. it's like a full separate game.

FakeishNamedicoot

That's How We Do it in Showbiz!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Final Fantasy XII is the best one. Not sure how controversial that opinion actually is. But I know how hard people sperg over the big 3. And I know a lot of people dislike how much of the early game is desert. However, it has my favorite iteration of Gilgamesh and MOTHER. FUCKING. YIAZMAT.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. It was my first Spyro game, and I honestly really enjoyed it when I was a kid. I played it again last year and still had a fairly good time. My only big complaints are that the game is kind of short and that the other characters are barely in it.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm in a small minority of people who like the original and unrelated prey games. they're both good but for completely different reasons. prey mooncrash was a damn fine experience in itself. it's like a full separate game.
I never played the other one, never had time, I was just very sad we never got Space Indian with Bug Grenades 2.

StevieLasVegas

kiwifarms.net
While I absolutely understand everyone's complaints about it compared to the first one, I fucking love Dragon Age 2. It's opening sequence didn't drag out as much as DAO. All of the characters, save for the whichever Hawke twin you didn't turn into a Grey Warden, had their own subclass that made each character's gameplay stand out. All of the characters save for Anders' moping about before the third act were good. The side quests were on par or better with the ones from first game (looking at the murder mystery in particular). Plus, the way they set up all of these events within one city shows off how one place can shape the events of the world and I wanted more of it, whether it be in Kirkwall or somewhere else in the world.

Inversely, while people praised it, I did not like Dragon Age Inquisition. The gameplay felt like it was an abandoned MMO made into a single player game. "Loved" how they made the combat commands derp as fuck to where if you character was out of range, it just won't do anything, despite in both DAO and DA2 the character will move to get in fucking range of the command. The potion/poison/trap limit was dumb as hell and made forced you to stay close to outposts instead of adventuring in an action adventure RPG. The side characters outside of the inquisitor came across as having special builds through their actions in cutscenes, but lol nope, they're back to the same subclasses as you like in the first game (at least in that game, they fucking taught your character the subclass). Why the fuck did they get rid of mage healing and replace it with a magic shield that the mage spends half the time in combat recasting the shield spell? Why does Sera have a dwarf head on an elf body? Why does my party flip flop from being badass on the battlefield to getting smacked around throughout the gameplay despite not changing my playstyle? I got so fed up with the game that I straight up stopped playing it and still haven't beaten it despite getting past the halfway point in the game.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Do you feel in charge?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dark Souls 2 is my second or third favorite game from the Dark Souls/Bloodbourne/Sekiro games. And it’s pretty much for all the reasons other people pan it.
I really like that it feels more like an arcade game, it makes it easier to pick up and put down when I have some free time. I really like a lot of the bosses, even if they are mostly guys in armor. The insane amount of weapons and armor sets combined with things like powerstance and rings leaves so much room for experimentation, and it’s fun to do wacky builds just to see if you can.
Is it kind of a mess? Yes, but it’s a fun mess.

Poop A Loop

kiwifarms.net
I've always heard more negative than positive about Metal Gear Solid 4, but I think it's tied with 3 for the best in the series. Did anyone seriously think that the supposed final title in a saga known for nonsensical dialogue, ridiculous story beats, and individual cutscenes longer than most network sitcoms that depict two metrosexual ninjas dance-fighting in the middle of AI robots wouldn't double down? I fuckin' love the ridiculous shit in that game.

The fight between Rex and Ray was pure awesome fanservice and the final fistfight between Snake and Ocelot was even better fanservice as well as the perfect way to bookend the series. Not to mention the hour long ending that kept going after a mid-credits stinger for a surprise reveal of a character who took 20 minutes to deliver his final soliloquy before dying.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
The last Dissidia game. The netcode was shit, almost everything else was great. The game is pretty simple too if you to go through the tutorial so I feel most of the complaints about the game being confusing came from people who didn't bother with it.
The only other negative is the story mode being incredibly weak.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
I think Final Fantasy XII is the best one. Not sure how controversial that opinion actually is. But I know how hard people sperg over the big 3. And I know a lot of people dislike how much of the early game is desert. However, it has my favorite iteration of Gilgamesh and MOTHER. FUCKING. YIAZMAT.

I liked 12 because it was dry and boring in a way. An old man narrating a story about the history and politics of these unknown countries and I have no idea what's going on, I'm playing a stupid teenage character while smoking weed so that worked out pretty well, then Balthazar(?) shows up and declares that he's the main character. At that point the game really won me over. Immersion, I was always just tagging along on this thing going "wuuuh?".

ufukiniggas

Nothing Serious
kiwifarms.net
Mass Effect 3 the original version and also Spec Ops: The Line.

They were fun to play and the public response was supremely gay. "It was like losing my child when Commander Shepherd died."

"It's not fair feeling like the bad guy for playing a game - even though no one is accusing me of anything because fictional characters."

Just play the fucking game and then go the fuck outside.

Lonely Grave

they're being sarcastic
kiwifarms.net
NavyField 2, or rather in relation to the original NavyField released in 2005 by SDEnternet.

NF2 was widely denounced as a cheap copy of World of Warships (which it was) but that also meant the original NF was dragged down with it. Original NF was nothing like NF2 - it had its fair share of oddities but it was and still is arguably the best naval MMO system on the market. Its crew-unit progression system combined with in-game market meant that any player with decent effort could cap out a top tier ship and crew within a year without any real-money purchases. The control scheme relied heavily on player skill - learning how to use manual fire control was mandatory to doing well beyond mid-tier.

Kiwi Farms Lurker

Melon Muncher.
kiwifarms.net
It's been many years since I played it, but I remember liking Splinter Cell: Double Agent when it was released, despite its technical issues.
But then again, it succeeded the masterpiece that is Chaos Theory.