Games You Like But Everyone Else Hates

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Catgirl IRL

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been many years since I played it, but I remember liking Splinter Cell: Double Agent when it was released, despite its technical issues.
But then again, it succeeded the masterpiece that is Chaos Theory.

Oh speaking of which, Conviction had a fucking amazing Co op experience that me and mate played through in almost a single sitting. We were absolutely hooked.

I won the duel at the end and felt so bad, haha.

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Oh speaking of which, Conviction had a fucking amazing Co op experience that me and mate played through in almost a single sitting. We were absolutely hooked.

I won the duel at the end and felt so bad, haha.

Conviction was fantastic and it’s a shame it never saw a rerelease at some point. My only complaints were that there never seemed to be a non-lethal approach to anything and the enemy AI would literally scream to broadcast their next move.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It could just be me but I'm likely in the minority of those that enjoy Shadow Tower, a PS1 game From Software made back when they were making King's Field. I enjoyed the game but others hate it due to the lack of music and equipment durability. The former can be valid though ironically enough, it does give a some atmosphere to the game and the latter is annoying at first until you find merchants that can repair your equipment at the cost of your health which shouldn't be too bad if you have a potion on you since those fully heal.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hitman Absolution was terrific, and it was nice to finally not have Agent 47 control like a robot. Replaying stages on progressively harder difficulties was a great way to ease me into the series. Even the ridiculous grindhouse plot was fun for what it was.

Yes, I know the reboots are objectively better games, and they really are truly excellent games, but I had the most fun with that franchise with Hitman Absolution.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It could just be me but I'm likely in the minority of those that enjoy Shadow Tower, a PS1 game From Software made back when they were making King's Field. I enjoyed the game but others hate it due to the lack of music and equipment durability. The former can be valid though ironically enough, it does give a some atmosphere to the game and the latter is annoying at first until you find merchants that can repair your equipment at the cost of your health which shouldn't be too bad if you have a potion on you since those fully heal.

I really need to revisit that game. I remember having a tough time getting through the first couple hours and just dropping it due to other things going on.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really need to revisit that game. I remember having a tough time getting through the first couple hours and just dropping it due to other things going on.
I'll admit to playing it on an emulator which really affected difficulty in terms of what I could get as drops from enemies. I don't know if that's all completely up to chance but I at least know some items will drop from a certain enemy spawn. Once I gotten a hang of the game it becomes much more easy even with enemies that can fuck you up. Even the end game areas aren't really too hard and I can assume the same can be said with playing it without save state spamming.

Inflatable Julay

Bing bing wahoo
kiwifarms.net
Omerta City of Gangsters

There's not a lot to it but I just like running speakeasies and illegal breweries

Kurtis Trent

Eric, 20, gaymer, autistic, resetera refugee 🌈
kiwifarms.net
Nightcry because I unironically love all the Clock Tower games

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. It really doesn't deserve to be on a list of the 100 worst video games ever and hating on it became a meme, maybe because Inafune was involved.
It's ok, a largely uninspired but decently competent character action game with some annoying parts.

cumrobbery

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Serious Sam 2, it seems to be the black sheep of the series for being a lot more cartoony and childish compared to the rest, but still, i like it a lot, it has some nice weapons, the autoshotgun, the grenades, the freaking parrots, and probably has the best level variety in the series, with each world looking different from the rest, instead of just desert and runs during the whole game
It's amazing how well Serious Sam 2 holds up graphically

BSC

Legendary Respecter of Women
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been a few years since I actively played, but I don't think League of Legends is that bad. I still enjoy watching professional matches. I think most people's problem isn't with the game itself, but with the community/burnout. At least that was the case for me. Can only play the same game for so long before it loses its appeal.

BayView

kiwifarms.net
Jurassic Park Trespasser. This game was a colossal failure when it came out in 1998 but it was so ahead of its time. Gabe Newell was inspired by Trespasser's physic system that he implemented it in Half Life 2.

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's cause I never was a Dmc fan before so I didn't have the bias but I kinda like the devil may cry reboot dmc. Yeah I know edgelord Dante sucks as doesthe paper thin story but as a game it's playable the combat is smooth and almost on Par with the arkham game's free flow combat. Plus it was my introduction to combichrist

Last edited:

JamusActimus

We wuz Centurion and shiet
kiwifarms.net
Fire emblem Fates

The scenario is trash. I just skipped most cutscenes.
Conquest gameplay was peak fire emblem and chapter 10 is for me the pinnacle of fire emblem gameplay

The maps are so solids in Conquest that I love to do multiples runs.
Compare that to 3 houses shitty map design.

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
Does Chrono Cross count for this thread? That game seems to be extremely love-it-or-hate-it. I'm in the "love it" camp.
The problem with that game was it did have way too many useless characters in it, granted you didn't have to level them up to use them but they were mostly useless. Like maybe cut the roster in half and beef up what was left if it needed it (not you Glenn).

Richard29

kiwifarms.net
Final Fantasy 2. I have no idea why people hate that, but the leveling system is my favorite. Adds sort of thrill to it and realism.