Games you love but nobody else knows about. - Any games that you've played and like, but never heard any online discussion or met anyone who's played it?

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

Nom Carver

Pandemic did it better.
kiwifarms.net
For me, it would be Fatal Inertia, an Xbox 360/PS3 hovercraft racing game with an emphasis on physics. It also has several Mario Kart style weapons that all make use of physics in some creative ways. And almost every weapon has a secondary use as a way to make you go faster as oppose to being strictly offensive. It's the only game I've 100%'d 8 different times. The game is amazing, hard as nails, and graphically impressive for 2007- yet I never hear anyone talking about it

(The tutorial and first few levels, played by someone who's okay at the game)

Common critique of the game was it's floaty controls, and it's difficulty. The controls are tuned perfectly, though. You can control yaw and pitch movement with relative precision due to the thumbstick. With careful pitch control to lower your craft to the ground without colliding with the ground offering a considerable boost to top speed. The triggers allow you to strafe and move diagonally, which can be combined with yaw control for tight cornering. The entire game is just so well constructed and it makes me sad that nobody else knows anything about it.

In short, it's wipeout but with weapons and actual physics that make you feel like you're flying a hovercraft and not something that's magnetically stuck to the track like in wipeout.

Last edited:

Just A Butt

are you some sort of mexican?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure I've said this somewhere else, but there was a little war simulation (sort of) by Maxis called Unnatural Selection that I loved when I was a kid.

You breed your own little creatures to kill bad creatures that have taken over islands.

It's pretty complex, so I suggest reading the manual at least a bit before you try to play it.

Endu

Dark Falz can go fuck itself
kiwifarms.net
Oh this is an easy one. There's a chance you might know the Phantasy Star Online series, it started off with being the first console MMO:
519TP8DQVGL.jpg

Episodes 1, 2 & 4 are all available on PC with a few private servers keeping them alive.

But what happened to Episode 3?
Phantasy_Star_Online_III_CARD_Revolution.jpg

PSO Episode 3 "C.A.R.D. Revolution", was a turn-based card game set in the same universe. It was more focused on a single-player story revolving around two teams, and primarily three characters per team (But there were a lot more you could play as).

Here's some gameplay, but admittedly nowadays I emulate it and use a fast-forward button at points because it's a little slow by default:

Even though absolutely nobody played it, I adore this game. The two playstyles you can choose from (summoning weapons/armor vs. summoning monsters) are incredibly unique and there are so many different playstyles to experiment with. There were also a few storytelling mechanics I was really fond of, like getting different post-battle cutscenes based on who you played as, with hints being given to you as you talk to your team before each battle.

Ultimately, it's not the game Episodes 1, 2 & 4 were and it wasn't ever picked up. Still, really fun game.

Coolio55

Big lizard girl protects me from cyberbullying >:)
kiwifarms.net
Wallace and Gromit: Night of the Were Rabbit for PS2

A truly fucking good 3d platformer. This was konami before they were shit after all...
A massive open world to explore with tons of shit to do and gadgets to piss about with.
They also managed to get the strange postwar britain retrofuturism of the series just right.

Ok, looking at the video there's definitely some "ooh me hip" moments even for PS2 but damn those destruction physics on the gate are nice.
Fucking hell, just watching this video is giving me flashbacks to all the fruit salad chews I used to nosh on while playing.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
There was this one gba weird puzzle game where you play as triangular ufo trying to turn shapes into animals because of a incident that turned them into shapes thing is i cant seem to fucking find it
That sounds like zoocube.

I have three picks for this topic. Kula World is the first, it was a ps1 puzzle game that I played the shit out of when I first modded my psx, partly because it was one of the few titles small enough to be pirateable on the pre Web 2.0 internet in Australia. Its small size and deliberate gameplay also makes it a good choice for putting on your phone and playing with a psx emulator.

Tactics ogre: let us cling together is significantly bigger and more intensive, processing wise, but as a turn based strategy game it is also a good pick for a mobile game when paired with an emulator - although as a psp game you'll need a decent phone to play it. That said, the world gushes about final fantasy tactics, but tactics ogre is vastly superior imo. I don't know why it doesn't get more love.

And for something completely different, Iji for pc is like a western version of cave story, and it's fucking outstanding. Graphically it sucks, it's done in that Another World mspaint looking style, but game play wise it's phenomenal, with great level design, excellent weapons and elements of the story change based on how you play. I like cave story better, but only by a hair.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Back when I was a kid in the 90's there was this fucking awesome 2.5-D game for N64 called Mischief Makers. It was a 2-D sidescroller with 3-D graphics, kind of like PS1 games like Oddworld. The artwork style is like anime, and the gameplay is unique in that you fight opponents by picking them up and throwing them around. It was a sleeper hit that had a cult following, but when I got it for Christmas, I was the only kid in my school who even heard of the game:

Coolio55

Big lizard girl protects me from cyberbullying >:)
kiwifarms.net
Back when I was a kid in the 90's there was this fucking awesome 2.5-D game for N64 called Mischief Makers. It was a 2-D sidescroller with 3-D graphics, kind of like PS1 games like Oddworld. The artwork style is like anime, and the gameplay is unique in that you fight opponents by picking them up and throwing them around. It was a sleeper hit that had a cult following, but when I got it for Christmas, I was the only kid in my school who even heard of the game:

Game's good but it has the same problem as sin and punishment where treasure designed it around the n64 controller and you have to reconfigure the controls to crazy shit for it to be even remotely playable on a modern pad.

Big Ruski

Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.O.Z
kiwifarms.net
Xenosaga, people talk about xenogears or xenoblade but I rarely hear anyone talk about it. If you like watching long cutscenes, convulated anime plot, and interesting world building then this the game for you. It's a trilogy strictly on the PS2, it was never ported on PSN.

Ape Escape series was one of my favorite platformers and it seems like the series just disappeared.

Narendra Modi

The dragon of shitma
kiwifarms.net
That sounds like zoocube.

I have three picks for this topic. Kula World is the first, it was a ps1 puzzle game that I played the shit out of when I first modded my psx, partly because it was one of the few titles small enough to be pirateable on the pre Web 2.0 internet in Australia. Its small size and deliberate gameplay also makes it a good choice for putting on your phone and playing with a psx emulator.

Tactics ogre: let us cling together is significantly bigger and more intensive, processing wise, but as a turn based strategy game it is also a good pick for a mobile game when paired with an emulator - although as a psp game you'll need a decent phone to play it. That said, the world gushes about final fantasy tactics, but tactics ogre is vastly superior imo. I don't know why it doesn't get more love.

And for something completely different, Iji for pc is like a western version of cave story, and it's fucking outstanding. Graphically it sucks, it's done in that Another World mspaint looking style, but game play wise it's phenomenal, with great level design, excellent weapons and elements of the story change based on how you play. I like cave story better, but only by a hair.
I FOUND IT ITS CALLED ZOOCUBE thanks man i appreciate it

Quantum Diabetes

Kiwifarts.com
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Codemasters put out a game that bombed at launch called "Onrush", it's not exactly racing, it has battling elements and they picked a great soundtrack.
I 100% it too quickly but it's still fun to fire up now and then. They probably will never make new levels or add some kind of battlepass to get people to play it again but it's sad this awesome game was ignored

On 3ds there was a Tetris style game called Ketzals corridors I played alot, I'm a sucker for anything in that genre. I kept an old flipphone around to play Tetris pop! so I could 100 percent it.

Last edited: