Games you love but nobody else knows about. - Any games that you've played and like, but never heard any online discussion or met anyone who's played it?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Jeff_the_Thriller

He's going erver that cliff!
kiwifarms.net
Okay I know steampunk is over used and gay as a setting but hear me out. Arcanum: of steamworks and magick obscura. It came out before every band dork put on a top hat and welding goggles and was obsessed with the genre.

I got it because on the surface it looked like a Diablo clone. That's probably why it didn't do great in sales. The market was flooded with Diablo 2 rip offs at the time. It is a excellent RPG closer to Fallout than Diablo. Turn based combat can be switched on and off. Depending on your play style. I would turn on turn based because shit in this game moves fucking fast. 28 Day Later zombies fast.

It not without its faults. The leveling system is busted and there are some bullshitty quest bugs. I will recommend it if you are into old school isometric RPGs and it's cheap on GOG.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay I know steampunk is over used and gay as a setting but hear me out. Arcanum: of steamworks and magick obscura. It came out before every band dork put on a top hat and welding goggles and was obsessed with the genre.

I got it because on the surface it looked like a Diablo clone. That's probably why it didn't do great in sales. The market was flooded with Diablo 2 rip offs at the time. It is a excellent RPG closer to Fallout than Diablo. Turn based combat can be switched on and off. Depending on your play style. I would turn on turn based because shit in this game moves fucking fast. 28 Day Later zombies fast.

It not without its faults. The leveling system is busted and there are some bullshitty quest bugs. I will recommend it if you are into old school isometric RPGs and it's cheap on GOG.

Might give that a go. Wasn't that by Troika, who went on to do VTMB which is, as you know, an excellent game albeit kicked out the door before it was truly ready?

Jeff_the_Thriller

kiwifarms.net
Might give that a go. Wasn't that by Troika, who went on to do VTMB which is, as you know, an excellent game albeit kicked out the door before it was truly ready?
Yep. Arcanum got kicked out the door too early too. That's why the character progression is broken and the real time combat was an afterthought. I forget who the publisher was, I think Sierra, but Diablo had real time combat so this game needs real time combat. If you get it download the Multiverse edition. It fixes a lot of visual bugs and make the game run better on modern machines. It half ass attempts to fix the busted leveling, which is probably my biggest gripe about the game.

What the shit

Up and coming whippersnapper
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Need for Madness. I used to play it back in the early 2010s, it was a fun multiplayer game and I bet a lot of people who want to find a game to play with friends will love it.

Jeff_the_Thriller

kiwifarms.net
The fixpack solves most of the quest bugs.

There were some really bad design decisions made in that game like the fucking Black Mountain mines.
The mutiverse patch fixes a lot of those quest bugs.

Honestly the weakest part is the dungeon crawls. That kind of threw me for a loop when I first played it. Black mountains mines is a fucking nightmare. It's a quest you can get fairly early and get completely outclassed by the enemies.

Here's the link for the mutiverse edition. The link is for steam but I would still use GOG. I think it's cheaper and less buggy (not that it matters once you install the patch).

Last edited:

Fastest Hand In The East

kiwifarms.net
Outcast.
An open world 3d action-adventure from 1999.
The basic story is that humanity has send a probe through the portal to the parallel world, but it got stuck, the last footage showed it being shot down by someone. Because of plot and reasons this somehow cause the black hole to start froming at the place of portal on our world. The project leads scramble a team of mathematician, physicist, medical doctor and an ex-Navy Seal major to recover the probe and prevent to total collapse of our planet. You play as ex-Navy Seal major (naturally), who walks through the portal, gots knocked out and wakes up on a bed, wearing strange clothes, surrounded by strange sentient intelligent hummanoids who claim he is a Holy Savior, promised by their prophet Kazar (also they learnd english- language of the Savior- from that prophet). This humanoid race is divided into casts, each one is capable of something special- fire cast uses their body energy as weapon for hunting and law enforcement, earth cast has high endurance and is more technically-minded, spirit cast can use their body energy to heal and serves as priests/spiritual leaders, water cast is more creative. But the evil dictator Fean Ra has conspired with the fire cast to use their weapons to enforce their tyrani upon the others and now other casts live in constant fear ond oppression. And PC is supposed to be thei savior.
On one had the story is kindda second-hand and draws from Stargate and such, but the delivery is very good.
This game blew my mind when I was a kid, it still does. It's 1999 and you have an open world roaming game. And it looked magnificent, the developers used a different approach to graphics, relying more on voxels, which gave the game a trully unique look.
There are some attempts to revive the game or to remake it in modern graphics, but I dont know how it goes today. Otucast 2 was in development right after the 1st game, but the company went bust.
Oh, also the music. That blasting 10/10 orchestra soundrack.
I can honestly say you should try it- when you keep in mind its 1999- it blows you mind.

1457175584_61835553-dfe5-4d91-99c8-c8a2e6b853e7_1.jpg

MV5BZTU5NDg4ODEtMWRmYS00NGE1LTkyZGMtZTY4ZGY4ODBkZjQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4ODI5Mjc@._V1_.jpg

Begemot

You know I had to do it to em....
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Infinite Undiscovered, an Xbox 360 JRPG, far better than most Wii JRPGs.

There's light at the end

kiwifarms.net
Now, since we talking about obscure stuff - NES game Felix the cat. I rarely seen anyone talking about it. And it's one of hidden gems of NES. 5 milk bottles out 5

Coldgrip

Agreed upon laws of the wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does Torchlight 2 count? Because it's miles better than Diablo 3.

Torchlight 3 on the other hand...

Tactical Neural Implant

just wants a TimeSplitters HD trilogy
kiwifarms.net
I feel like people know about Breath of Fire, but no-one ever really talks about it. The first one was pretty generic, but from the second one onwards the scenarios and stories are very unique and there's lots of fun recurring stuff.

The second one suffered from an absolutely abysmal English translation, done in-house by Capcom themselves (as opposed to the first, which was published by and presumably translated by Square). A fan translation fixes this though and for the time the themes, particularly that of religion and fate, were quite groundbreaking.

Then there's Breath of Fire 3, which is one of my favourite games of all time. There's no major villain for the majority of the game. The story is really about character interactions, growing up and maturing. And it's lovely to have a protagonist who is sort of a wimp and is generally the white mage archetype rather than your typical JRPG hero. The bittersweet ending makes it one of the most memorable stories in a game I've played. The jazz soundtrack is phenomenal and the fishing and fairy minigames a great.

Breath of Fire 4 is a little safer, but much more consistent and the art is just beautiful.

Breath of Fire 5 is like a weird tactics RPG with rogue like mechanics and heaps of replayabilty, and limited saves. Very underrated, fantastic game with a very unique setting and gameplay progression. Tough as nails but very satisfying once you understand it.

Breath of Fire 6 is a mobile game. The less said about it the better.

Man I wish Breath of Fire got more love. Capcom really nailed it with 3 and 4. Especially given their relative inexperience with JRPGs and their willingness to try different things.

Friendly Primarina

50% more friendly than the average Primarina
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2752252
One of the coolest games on the N64. Also the predecessor to GTA III
A very ambitious game and DMA/R* North used it to springboard to greater things. It's just really boring to play, and ugly even by n64 standards.

It's a shame, because the in-car shooting mechanics are far better than any GTA IMO.