Games you love but nobody else knows about. - Any games that you've played and like, but never heard any online discussion or met anyone who's played it?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

A Rastafarian Skeleton

Bumbaclot
kiwifarms.net
A very ambitious game and DMA/R* North used it to springboard to greater things. It's just really boring to play, and ugly even by n64 standards.

It's a shame, because the in-car shooting mechanics are far better than any GTA IMO.
As a kid I didn't find it boring just impossible to progress past the first level :lit: I got a kick out of that eerie music and blood curdling yell the human NPCs made when they're getting stepped on by a giant bug or dissolved by a blob creature. I also remember one of the first things an NPC says to your character
body-harvest-n64-bridge-operator-1.jpg
Always thought that word rumpus is hilarious.

Coldgrip

Agreed upon laws of the wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Then there's Breath of Fire 3, which is one of my favourite games of all time. There's no major villain for the majority of the game. The story is really about character interactions, growing up and maturing. And it's lovely to have a protagonist who is sort of a wimp and is generally the white mage archetype rather than your typical JRPG hero. The bittersweet ending makes it one of the most memorable stories in a game I've played. The jazz soundtrack is phenomenal and the fishing and fairy minigames a great.
3 is criminally underrated, often getting overshadowed by how great 4 was or how polarizing 5 is.

Breath of Fire 4 is a little safer, but much more consistent and the art is just beautiful.
One of the few upsides to releasing a game at the end of a console's life, companies will usually push the limit on what they can do.

I wish that Capcom would re-release it with the censored and cut content put back in.

Tactical Neural Implant

just wants a TimeSplitters HD trilogy
kiwifarms.net
I wish that Capcom would re-release it with the censored and cut content put back in.
Capcom still reference it here and there. There's a couple of costumes in SFV, the soundtracks are on Steam and Udon recently released a great art book (which thankfully and hilariously has no mention of Breath of Fire 6).

It's not dissimilar to their treatment of Darkstalkers, another unfortunately forgotten franchise. A costume here, a scant reference there. Such a shame.

I would love a re-release of 3, 4 and Dragon Quarter with just minor enhancements like faster text scrolling and speed up options, like Square's remasters of Final Fantasy 7-9.

Coldgrip

Agreed upon laws of the wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would love a re-release of 3, 4 and Dragon Quarter with just minor enhancements like faster text scrolling and speed up options, like Square's remasters of Final Fantasy 7-9.
In 3's case, combining the 'Watch' and 'Defend' actions like in 4 would be a nice minor improvement.

Bitcoin Henchman

Hand wringing is my daily workout
kiwifarms.net
I played a ton of this game, Tiny Tank, when I was younger, was one of my favorites. I think it has a lot of charm to it, I have never seen much of anyone talk about or even know about it lol

Attachments

• Tiny Tank Cover.jpg
    Tiny Tank Cover.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 13

PaleTay

kiwifarms.net
I liked Wildermyth, it's a game which basically procedurally generates a D & D campaign. with turn based tactics. A lot could be more fleshed out, but it's generally pretty wholesome.

Asdfgunman81

Enjoy good shit
kiwifarms.net
I played a ton of this game, Tiny Tank, when I was younger, was one of my favorites. I think it has a lot of charm to it, I have never seen much of anyone talk about or even know about it lol

I used to have this game, except some bastard in my neighborhood stole it.

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
Well, shit, i can only say details of it but it's a PS2 game, it was like a GTA clone but you were sort of like a cop in disguise or something and the game had a 80's aesthetic, the only memory i have of it is when i was racing and accidentally shot like a drive by, which prompted a mission fail with the racer saying "what the fuck?" and gave me a wanted level, the music that was playing during that moment was a famous nigger soul music that i can barely remember the lyrics, splash stream or something.
fuck it sucks not being able to remember more of it because it was such a fucking nice game and searching for "80's GTA clone ps2" doesn't give much results and i checked the damn videos, none are like that game.

And i don't know if it fits here but i wish to nominate the Evochron/Arvoch Games from starwraith, it's nifty as fuck and after playing ED for 2 hours, i literally ditched it to go back to Evochron because flying in this fucking shit is really nice, i can't quite put it but flying around a cruiser with inertia on to use countermeasures because of the low heat signature while throwing missiles at it and telling your AI crew to gang up and join the rape party has a charm to this game, building stations, deploying miner drones on planets or hugeass asteroids and using a landwalker on planets it's just the cherry top on of this ugly-looking but delicious vanilla cake.
1638077935515.png

i checked some discussions about it and leddit/gaming communities are just like "sure, whatever".

Kind of like fullspectrum warrior you know? they just don't care about giving a chance to these games and trust me when i first played FSW i thought it was shit, then after doing my last stand on the ten hammers expasion i was wondering why there is a lack of such games because that shit immersed me with the nice pacing it has, you think you are reaching places with muttsoldiers but it's more about the fuck-ups on the missions that you have to unfuck and get the team to safety, i remember restarting a mission 5 times to not case evac because i felt that i would miss the heavy machine gunner on the following mission, fuck...

Last edited:

eDove

Coo coo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In Torment: The Case of the Drawing Girl

2997588-in_torment_logo_img.jpg

This is a free indie point-and-click PC game that I highly recommend to anyone. It's impressive, and to this day I haven't even gotten the "true" ending because it's surprisingly difficult to find. There is NO guide on the internet.

You are a detective investigating a case (which varies in intensity based on your preference) wherein your only witness is an artist who isn't willing to talk. In the game, you uncover clues through a world made up of this girl's artwork. It's unsettling, vibrant, and creative. The music can be skin-crawlingly creepy too, as well as sweet and soothing. The website you download it from is recently defunct (fucking sad). If anyone's interested but you can't find the download anywhere, PM me and I can send you a .rar file.

Edit: Just now, I've gotten the true ending of the game. I hadn't touched it in a long time and I've finally gotten it on an old save, after playing it for literal years. Haha. This was one of my rarted life goals. Maybe I should be the one to make a walkthrough... Now I just have to get the best ending of Façade, which I've failed out countless times.

Last edited:

AssManWaitingInTheSkies

kiwifarms.net
Hey people, remember when Jagged Alliance 2 was a popular thing? Me neither.

On a serious note, though, it's a big shame that theese kinds of games aren't being talked about anymore. People moved over to these ADHD-friendly XCOM games. I'm personally fond of Silent Storm game, a piece of Ivan-ware that blew my mind whenever i was ten years old. And it still does - game's having destructibility and is generally pretty fun.
I guess shitty editor and compatibility issues cut the game's lifespan in half, albeit some people tried to make new mod at least one year ago.

Billy Beer

kiwifarms.net
Fallout 1 and 2
Advent rising
Psi-ops
Kingdom under fire
Brute force
Headhunter

Loads of games during the DC to early 360 days were never talked about. IMO the golden era of gaming.

Some Badger

Diggy Diggy Forest Dog
kiwifarms.net
This is a more recent release, but I literally didn’t know Fuga: Melodies of Steel existed until I came across a review of it by Clemps, and it’s the most fun with a turn-based strategy game that I’ve had in a while.

I don’t know what you call this subgenre of turn-based strategy where you commandeer a giant vehicle and try not to die on your branching paths against other giant vehicles, but it’s been a new experience for me all the same and I’m happy I tried it out.

crucifiction009

Generic Edgelord Supreme
kiwifarms.net
Space Funeral and Space Funeral 3: Earth Birth. They're surreal Earthbound-like free indie RPGs. You play as a crying retard in pajamas. Your sidekick is a talking pile of dismembered limbs named Leg Horse who bosses you around. You meet Dracula and discover he's a pothead. In SF3, (which is a fan game of SF1 made by someone else) there's an optional side quest to help Dracula hunt down a massive living joint called the Obese Doobie. Summarizing the events of the game sounds like a dream or a mushroom trip, which is probably exactly what they were going for. It will only keep you busy for a few hours tops, but they're an extremely trippy few hours.

Unattended Baby

Certified proof that babies are idiots 2021 - 2021
kiwifarms.net
I wish more people had played Alpha Protocol.
If it makes you feel better. I played it and beat it in one sitting many years ago when I had a 360 for a week. It was okay.
This one may be a little obscure. How many here who had the NES had this game? It played similar to megaman.
1558563085-1144064473.jpg
I loved this game. One of the few NES games that didn't frustrate me as a child.

crucifiction009

Generic Edgelord Supreme
kiwifarms.net
Well, shit, i can only say details of it but it's a PS2 game, it was like a GTA clone but you were sort of like a cop in disguise or something and the game had a 80's aesthetic, the only memory i have of it is when i was racing and accidentally shot like a drive by, which prompted a mission fail with the racer saying "what the fuck?" and gave me a wanted level, the music that was playing during that moment was a famous nigger soul music that i can barely remember the lyrics, splash stream or something.
fuck it sucks not being able to remember more of it because it was such a fucking nice game and searching for "80's GTA clone ps2" doesn't give much results and i checked the damn videos, none are like that game.

And i don't know if it fits here but i wish to nominate the Evochron/Arvoch Games from starwraith, it's nifty as fuck and after playing ED for 2 hours, i literally ditched it to go back to Evochron because flying in this fucking shit is really nice, i can't quite put it but flying around a cruiser with inertia on to use countermeasures because of the low heat signature while throwing missiles at it and telling your AI crew to gang up and join the rape party has a charm to this game, building stations, deploying miner drones on planets or hugeass asteroids and using a landwalker on planets it's just the cherry top on of this ugly-looking but delicious vanilla cake.
View attachment 2756498
i checked some discussions about it and leddit/gaming communities are just like "sure, whatever".

Kind of like fullspectrum warrior you know? they just don't care about giving a chance to these games and trust me when i first played FSW i thought it was shit, then after doing my last stand on the ten hammers expasion i was wondering why there is a lack of such games because that shit immersed me with the nice pacing it has, you think you are reaching places with muttsoldiers but it's more about the fuck-ups on the missions that you have to unfuck and get the team to safety, i remember restarting a mission 5 times to not case evac because i felt that i would miss the heavy machine gunner on the following mission, fuck...
Is there any chance the GTA clone you're thinking of is Driv3r? (Driver 3)

Twitter Hate Mob

Actual size
kiwifarms.net
I remember thinking Robo Pit was the absolute tits when I was a kid - robot battle arena, no plot, no story, just robots fighting. Amazing shit.