Games you'd like to see remade -

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
Kamen Rider Black said:
Digimon World 1 and 2. I would settle for them being released on the PSN as classics. Granted, it would be nice if they fixed the bugs in 1.
I've only played Digimon World 3, are the previous two better?

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PvtRichardCranium said:
And Morrowind. I couldn't play Morrowind until somebody made a mod that let you actually hit what you were attacking (accurate attack).And for those of you who want to say that's what the combat was like before Oblivion came out, it wasn't. Both Arena and Daggerfall and actual Real Time combat. There's always Morroblivion, but I could never get that to work.
Kinda thought Morrowind's combat was similar to Arena and Daggerfall when it came to agility and skill determining your chances of hitting your target. That said, I would also like to see Arena get a remake. Give it modern graphics, add in the Orcs and Imperials as player races and even add some things from the sequels such as homes and mounts. Maybe even give it the modding treatment so players can go around killing things as some anime character with a modded weapon.

PvtRichardCranium

kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
Kinda thought Morrowind's combat was similar to Arena and Daggerfall when it came to agility and skill determining your chances of hitting your target. That said, I would also like to see Arena get a remake. Give it modern graphics, add in the Orcs and Imperials as player races and even add some things from the sequels such as homes and mounts. Maybe even give it the modding treatment so players can go around killing things as some anime character with a modded weapon.
Nope. In Arena and Daggerfall you would hold down the mouse button and drag your cursor across the screen, which would sort of swing your sword in that direction. You always hit, but your skills determine how much effectiveness it has. It sounds cool, but it's frustrating if you aren't used to First Person Dungeon Crawls that were popular at the time.

Also, remaking Arena? As much as I'd like that, the game world of Arena is one of the biggest that's ever been made in a video game. It spans the ENTIRE continent of Tamriel. Their best bet would be to randomly generate it, just like they did with the original game, but keep in mind the world wouldn't be nearly as detailed as the more recent three games.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
random_pickle said:
Kamen Rider Black said:
Digimon World 1 and 2. I would settle for them being released on the PSN as classics. Granted, it would be nice if they fixed the bugs in 1.
I've only played Digimon World 3, are the previous two better?
1 is like a Tamagotchi. Raise your digimon through care and training. Digivolution is based on their age.

2 is a rogue-based RPG game where digimon have level caps and you have a tank. The only way to get higher level digimon is to sacrifice 2 for making one with a slightly higher level cap. 2 was great, but I never beat it as a kid. It's probably somewhere under my bed, but the disc stopped working a long time ago, hence why I wish it would be released as a playstation classic.

[youtube]R5BLe4P_Z8Y[/youtube]
As you can see, the opening is epic :biggrin:

I can't say whether they are better than 3, as I never played 3. I saw it for a sale in a pawnshop I frequent. Thing is, the owner knows rare games and has the price set at $80.00 CDN. I thinking of parting with some games and picking it up. But knowing my luck, as soon as I buy it it will be available on the PSN. It's kinda disheartening when I drop 90 for a near mint copy of Xenogears and it's soon available for digital download.

kagayaki

Refugee from CWCVille
kiwifarms.net
The uncut, Japanese version of Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere. In HD.

Also Star Ixiom, a Japan-only PS1 game released in the same year as AC3. Also in HD.

WhiteKnight

kiwifarms.net
A little diddy called Tombs and Treasures for the NES. It was a weird adventure/rpg/point and click game that had a decent plot twist.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PvtRichardCranium said:
c-no said:
Nope. In Arena and Daggerfall you would hold down the mouse button and drag your cursor across the screen, which would sort of swing your sword in that direction. You always hit, but your skills determine how much effectiveness it has. It sounds cool, but it's frustrating if you aren't used to First Person Dungeon Crawls that were popular at the time.

Also, remaking Arena? As much as I'd like that, the game world of Arena is one of the biggest that's ever been made in a video game. It spans the ENTIRE continent of Tamriel. Their best bet would be to randomly generate it, just like they did with the original game, but keep in mind the world wouldn't be nearly as detailed as the more recent three games.
That I know regarding combat in Arena and Daggerfall though considering that to Morrowind, I honestly do agree that you could actually hit something in those two. For a Arena remake, I honestly don't mind if they cut down the dungeons or made them lightly generated, as long as they are consistent. To be honest though, I would like to see how the can fit all the different cultures in a Arena remake, from the cultures of the High Elves and Khajiit to the cultures of the Nords and Redguards. Speaking of the first Elder Scrolls game, I would like to see a remake of Battlespire, with of course, better graphics, but also add in the beast races, the orcs, and Imperials. Sure Battlespire was a first-person dungeon crawl, but I did have fun until I forgot how to run it on DosBox properly. That was the last game in the series to actually have the same mouse dragging combat of Arena and Daggerfall, albeit with some special outcomes like dropping your weapon in a critical fail to hit your enemy.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
PvtRichardCranium said:
And Morrowind. I couldn't play Morrowind until somebody made a mod that let you actually hit what you were attacking (accurate attack).And for those of you who want to say that's what the combat was like before Oblivion came out, it wasn't. Both Arena and Daggerfall and actual Real Time combat. There's always Morroblivion, but I could never get that to work.
I liked Morrowind's combat mostly because it was less annoying than Oblivion's.

Oblivion's combat was way too easy, because of how levelled the game was. Some characters took way too long to kill with a sword or with a spell. When Skyrim came out and introduced dual wielding and combining spells it was then I started to enjoy the combat again.

With Morrowind's combat it was designed so that you could hit more the more you played the game. If you leveled up your long-blade skill you would hit more often. You could also alternatively min-max a character that hit 50%-75% at 1-3rd level, and ranged combat was typically extremely over powered. To the point where as soon as you got it to level 50 the only character you miss repeatedly is Almalexia, the final boss of one of the expansions. At character gen you can min-max a Wood Elf to have 45 Marksman. Hand to Hand was also extremely broken as well. It drained fatigue as opposed to health and lowering a character's fatigue means they hit less often, so you could drain their fatigue to the point where they collapsed on the ground. Then switch to a different weapon and kill them without any difficulty. It also leveled really quickly.

There are also players that use the broken Alchemy skill in Morrowind to raise their stats infinitely high through a glitch. There's loads of other exploits and ways to completely break the game so it becomes ludicrously easy. Though I tend to see that the devs anticipated it with Morrowind as there are a lot of superboss characters in the game. Like King Helseth who has 5 high level guards surrounding him and a ring that blocks all physical attacks and reflects spells.

PvtRichardCranium said:
Also, remaking Arena? As much as I'd like that, the game world of Arena is one of the biggest that's ever been made in a video game. It spans the ENTIRE continent of Tamriel.
c-no said:
For a Arena remake, I honestly don't mind if they cut down the dungeons or made them lightly generated, as long as they are consistent. To be honest though, I would like to see how the can fit all the different cultures in a Arena remake, from the cultures of the High Elves and Khajiit to the cultures of the Nords and Redguards.
Unlike in Daggerfall it is impossible to walk between settlements in Arena, you are forced to use fast travel. You can walk outside of a town but it infinitely generates in front of you. You will discover an infinite amount of "suburbs" which are smaller towns that wont be displayed on your map and random dungeons but will never get anywhere unless you fast travel there.

Daggerfall on the other hand has an overworld (That is twice the size of Great Britain) and you can walk between settlements, albeit with the geometry of the terrain being random each time. Same with dungeons.

PvtRichardCranium

kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
I would like to see a remake of Battlespire, with of course, better graphics, but also add in the beast races, the orcs, and Imperials. Sure Battlespire was a first-person dungeon crawl, but I did have fun until I forgot how to run it on DosBox properly. That was the last game in the series to actually have the same mouse dragging combat of Arena and Daggerfall, albeit with some special outcomes like dropping your weapon in a critical fail to hit your enemy.
The Battlespire engine was actually used to make two Terminator Themed FPS's that were not half bad, and were awesome compared to other Terminator games. There were actually vehicles and stuff in them I think. I've never played them though. They should release them on GOG. There's probably not a market for Terminator stuff at the moment though.
[youtube]7p62hA4GUw8[/youtube]
[youtube]xG1P5lgzEVg[/youtube]

Johnny Bravo

Bravokin
kiwifarms.net
Hunger Mythos said:
Jade Cocoon for the PlayStation.
Oh hells yes. I have so many fond memories from this game as a kid; it was like a fusion between Pokemon and Monster Rancher, but much more story driven. I still have my copy. I heard they made a sequel, but I never played it.

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
Kamen Rider Black said:
Pokemon Snap. Best Pokemon game ever.
I'd rather see a sequel than a remake, imagine how much shit they could add now that we have hundreds upon hundreds of pokemon and legendaries.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PvtRichardCranium said:
c-no said:
I would like to see a remake of Battlespire, with of course, better graphics, but also add in the beast races, the orcs, and Imperials. Sure Battlespire was a first-person dungeon crawl, but I did have fun until I forgot how to run it on DosBox properly. That was the last game in the series to actually have the same mouse dragging combat of Arena and Daggerfall, albeit with some special outcomes like dropping your weapon in a critical fail to hit your enemy.
The Battlespire engine was actually used to make two Terminator Themed FPS's that were not half bad, and were awesome compared to other Terminator games. There were actually vehicles and stuff in them I think. I've never played them though. They should release them on GOG. There's probably not a market for Terminator stuff at the moment though.
[youtube]7p62hA4GUw8[/youtube]
[youtube]xG1P5lgzEVg[/youtube]
I managed to play Future Shock and that is one other game I like to see remade. It was a fun old school FPS, especially since the levels were big. All that is needed is just new graphics and maybe a few things to make it a bit different like other ways to get the objective.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cute Anime Girl said:
I'd love to see Doom 1/2 remade. I miss that style of shooters.
If they ever remade Doom, they should either keep the same amount of violence or increase it. Same could be said for the levels. Add new levels and/or make new additions to existing levels.

Zim

Facebook District Manager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
Cute Anime Girl said:
If they ever remade Doom, they should either keep the same amount of violence or increase it. Same could be said for the levels. Add new levels and/or make new additions to existing levels.
Doom is one of those games I think I've played at least once a year since it came out. There's a couple Doom 1 remakes out there using the Doom 3 engine but I don't find them as fast or nice as the originals.

Anyway, the game I want a remake of is Star Wars: TIE Fighter. That game was amazing and you got to play as the bad guys.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
Cute Anime Girl said:
[youtube]lfMjYBLWlik[/youtube]

They never left.

c-no said:
Doom's been re-released dozens of times, many with new levels. The BFG edition on Steam contains additional levels for Doom 2. Unless your talking about a full fledged remake of Doom that people want which would never happen.

John Carmack stated before Doom 3 was released that it was initially a project to attempt to remake Doom.

Indeed in today's market that's as Doom as you'll ever get. It's damned near impossible to ever foresee a non-linear fps with no story selling in today's market.

It's not hard to see why Doom 3 was more or less his ideal vision of the game. Especially considering none of the other staff that worked on the original game like Adrian Carmack or John Romero worked on it. They initially wanted to make an Aliens game but decided against it out of fear of executive meddling. Whenever you listen to John Carmack discuss Doom he rarely talks about the balls to the wall action or the non-linearity/simplicity of the game. He usually talks about the engine and how much horror played a role in the game.

I mean they tried to make a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D, look where that ended up. Asking them to try and remake Doom would just end up looking like Call of Duty.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
^ dont be that guy cuddlebug :(

Im waiting for doom 4 to emerge from development hell before I decide whether my hopes of a true Doom remake are for naught. Personally i think that there could indeed be a market for a true remake if it had really good multiplayer, one only has to look at the "Nazi Zombies" craze to see that slaughtering large numbers of supernatural entities with your friends has a guaranteed audience.

Sure the end result may superficially resemble COD but if thats the trade off of a new Doom I eagerly accept

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino