Games you'd like to see remade -

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
exball said:
R.A.E.L. said:
Final Fantasy VII. It deserves voice acting and much better graphics.
I never got why people love Final fantasy VII so much. I think it's a rather meh game.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... dIsUnfunny

Final Fantasy VII in particular tends to suffer from this. At the time of its release, it was regarded as a revolutionary milestone and hailed as one of the greatest games of all time. Having a moody protagonist (who may have Identity Amnesia) chase around a White Hair, Black Heart Omnicidal Maniac might seem played out, but at the time you would've been hard-pressed to find many RPGs with that formula. While earlier Final Fantasy games had troubled heroes, Final Fantasy VII was the first with a hero who turns out to be an Unreliable Narrator questioning his existence. Also, on a technical level, the first few seconds of the opening sequence, with the camera panning out slowly from a classic piece of shiny magic rock to a dark futuristic city, were initially meant to be shocking - and they were. Finally, the Plotline Death of Aerith was originally a huge shock felt across the gaming industry, but is today perhaps the video-game example of It Was His Sled. It was not the first to kill off a party member for real (Final Fantasy II beat it to the punch), but it was the first to try to portray such a death with a feeling of loss rather than it being a intense, dramatic moment.
It's also hard for newer gamers to appreciate (in any sense of the word) the thoroughly screwed-up nature of the cast, even though FFVII was released long before Bioware made collections of tortured individuals de rigueur for RPGs. It even beat Planescape: Torment by two years, a game in which the thoroughly screwed-up nature of the cast is a major plot point.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
exball said:
R.A.E.L. said:
I never got why people love Final fantasy VII so much. I think it's a rather meh game.
Same, although part of it might be that I played it years after it came out on a crash-happy PS1 emulator.

If they remade it, fixed the translation, and just generally updated it, I'd give it another chance.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
exball said:
R.A.E.L. said:
I've never actually played it myself, but would consider doing so if it was remade. The graphics bother me and, at times, took away from the seriousness of the game (special mention goes to Aeris' death scene).

Venusaur

Kiwi Farms Produce Inspector
kiwifarms.net
Surtur said:
This. God, yes, this.

That game was such a quirky game with an interesting premise. Sure the game mechanics could feel a little bit repetitive sometimes (EAT ALL THE ANIMALS!!!)

When Maxis' Spore came out, I was really hoping it would capture E.V.O's feel. I was a fool.

The neat thing about E.V.O was the RPG story elements in each chapter. The shark king not wanting the fish to move to land, the war between the giant insects and the amphibians, the advanced bird kingdom, the martians interfering via crystals, the war betweeen the Dagon and the whales, and so on and so on...

In the hands of a good developer, a really fun remake could be created.

TastyWoodenBadge

My wooden badge was delicious
kiwifarms.net
A game that I would like to see remade is Dynamite Headdy, it's a really fun platformer for the MD/Genesis, I consider it quite underrated.

Also Ristar needs a sequel/remake :biggrin:

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
TastyWB 2.0 said:
A game that I would like to see remade is Dynamite Headdy, it's a really fun platformer for the MD/Genesis, I consider it quite underrated.

Also Ristar needs a sequel/remake :biggrin:
This. Ristar and Dynamite Headdy are awesome. AUGH YEAH

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
kiwifarms.net
Not exactly sure if this counts as a remake, but I'd like to see what sonic 06 would be like of they actually finished it. It looks like it'd be an ok game if they just had more time to work on it or something. I mean, I'm not some sonic sperg or anything like that, I just want to see how it'd actually come out.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Although I have never played it due to being on Xbox and being released only for Japan, I'd like to see Metal Wolf Chaos on the consoles of today and PC.
[youtube]jZVmtDuMxAA[/youtube]

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino