GameStop Deathwatch -

Who will be the first to meet Jeffery Epstein in the Afterlife?

• GameStop

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • Ginsberg

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • Goku

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters

ProblematicUser420

kiwifarms.net
They're done in the next month as a retail store I think.

I tried to get the credit I put towards FFVII transferred to a steam card today. They had me talk to someone from corporate (I assume actually a regional manager). I told him I wasn't going to be able to pick it up due to our states lockdown going into effect tomorrow. He assured me I wouldn't lose my credit if I could t pick it up or if they sold it. If that's the case why cant I just put the credit towards a card? Because coronavirus has messed up the supply chain and they cant cancel my copy from coming in. What's that matter if you will sell it if I cant come in to pick it up?

He got irritated and said I can either buy something physical in that store with the credit, keep the preorder or cancel the pre order and lose the credit with it. WTF?

I literally pre ordered it 3 weeks ago just to use up the last of some credit I been holding onto for a while. Figured itd be my last Gamestop transaction cause they'd be out of business soon. Sounds like I misjudged how soon.

Last edited:

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
You know what I was going to take advantage of their "Buy 2 used games 9.99 and under and get 2 used games free" but once I had the items in my cart I noticed the discount wasn't being applied, so I look at the fine print and the text said "Excludes retro games".

It's like fuck you, what else would I want to buy? There's nothing recent I want because I don't play Always Online Shooters or DLC laden bullshit. And you're not discounting weeb games for 10 bucks.

Last edited:

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
They're done in the next month as a retail store I think.

I tried to get the credit I put towards FFVII transferred to a steam card today. They had me talk to someone from corporate (I assume actually a regional manager). I told him I wasn't going to be able to pick it up due to our states lockdown going into effect tomorrow. He assured me I wouldn't lose my credit if I could t pick it up or if they sold it. If that's the case why cant I just put the credit towards a card? Because coronavirus has messed up the supply chain and they cant cancel my copy from coming in. What's that matter if you will sell it if I cant come in to pick it up?

He got irritated and said I can either buy something physical in that store with the credit, keep the preorder or cancel the pre order and lose the credit with it. WTF?

I literally pre ordered it 3 weeks ago just to use up the last of some credit I been holding onto for a while. Figured itd be my last Gamestop transaction cause they'd be out of business soon. Sounds like I misjudged how soon.
I let a preorder lapse once and didn't pick it up the credit was only good in that ONE location I preordered and it was towards a physical game. They probably are going to do something similar to your credit.

rotollo

Just some asshole
kiwifarms.net
1585521879079.png
at this point with these big brain decisions, I think game stop might as well be the world's first corporate career cow

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know what I was going to take advantage of their "Buy 2 used games 9.99 and under and get 2 used games free" but once I had the items in my cart I noticed the discount wasn't being applied, so I look at the fine print and the text said "Excludes retro games".

It's like fuck you, what else would I want to buy? There's nothing recent I want because I don't play Always Online Shooters or DLC laden bullshit. And you're not discounting weeb games for 10 bucks.
I really, really, REALLY hope they're not planning to just destroy their stock of retro games and claim it as a tax writeoff.

View attachment 1207793
at this point with these big brain decisions, I think game stop might as well be the world's first corporate career cow
A box of 100 nitrile gloves is like $7 at Harbor Freight, and they're still open. I guess it's any day now for Gamestop.

I let a preorder lapse once and didn't pick it up the credit was only good in that ONE location I preordered and it was towards a physical game. They probably are going to do something similar to your credit.
Same, though mine was at a Gamestop that moved within the same mall, and they didn't acknowledge my credit because it was technically a different location. Despite being located in the exact same mall.

Thank fucking Christ I only put down $5.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I really, really, REALLY hope they're not planning to just destroy their stock of retro games and claim it as a tax writeoff.
I generally don't trust them, they're like a kill shelter for video games.

People mentioned the guitar hero fiasco, but if a game is sought after they tend to be bought up online right away. the only real deal I've seen lately though has been the new Genesis mini being sold for 30 bucks. 30 dollars for a miniconsole with castlevania bloodlines is worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: Pissmaster

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I generally don't trust them, they're like a kill shelter for video games.

People mentioned the guitar hero fiasco, but if a game is sought after they tend to be bought up online right away. the only real deal I've seen lately though has been the new Genesis mini being sold for 30 bucks. 30 dollars for a miniconsole with castlevania bloodlines is worth it.
Yeah, the kill shelter is a great analogy.

Eh, it irks me to even hear about shitty old games being thrown out. I'd even gladly bring home a plastic bag full of Madden games for SNES and N64, scrape off the labels, sell the cartridge shells, and.... I guess see if anyone has any use for a bunch of old Madden boards. Hell, I'd love to come across a giant box of Silent Services or Captain Skyhawks in good shape so I can replace some of my chipped NES game shells. I'll just steam the labels off and reapply them, and film the whole thing just to torture Pat the NES Punk.

Last edited:

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
None of you posting about this year's planned store closings? Another 300+ are biting the dust. And there's surely going to be more than that as Coronavirus totally doesn't clear up in the next month.

...GameStop, has confirmed it's closing at least 320 stores over the next 12 months....
Anyways, as alluded to, I bet way more than that go under.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
It's because of the Nintendo branding. They just automatically like it because he appeared in nintendo commercials and was scripted on what to say.
To be fair, he wasn't just the "guy on the commercials" - he was the president of the American branch of one of the most successful video gaming companies for nearly two decades. He

He has a ton of clout with his audience, but also share holders, employees, and internal and external developers. His name is attached to some of the greatest console releases of all time (Switch, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, etc). He's also had a ton of staying power and fame - above and beyond his contemplates, like Andrew House and Phil Spencer.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I can still enter a Gamestop anywhere by the end of this Summer, I'll be shocked.

I should probably see if I still have any powerup rewards points left in my account to spend. Or find out if they stole them from me... again.

rotollo

Just some asshole
kiwifarms.net
If I can still enter a Gamestop anywhere by the end of this Summer, I'll be shocked.

I should probably see if I still have any powerup rewards points left in my account to spend. Or find out if they stole them from me... again.
they would unironiclly do much better if they became more online focused rather then physical stores, for pr and probably business wise. but that would imply them being competent at infrastructure and considering there was a glitch that gave customers half off on everything for a period of time, I kinda doubt that will happen

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
they would unironically do much better if they became more online focused rather then physical stores, for pr and probably business wise. but that would imply them being competent at infrastructure and considering there was a glitch that gave customers half off on everything for a period of time, I kinda doubt that will happen
This for real. I was told by a store the other week that I had to go in physically to pre-order a game (it's fucking current year and people are scared to go out, are you forreal), and they probably wouldn't have enough copies anyway so I'd have to wait. The only reason I was wondering was because Amazon was delaying b/c stupid chinavirus.

Remember when Amazon offered a discount if Prime members pre-ordered through them? GameStop should have retaliated instead of rolling on their back and doing the same stupid shit as ever. And despite being a shipping service 90% of the time you pre-order through Amazon you end up getting the shit day-of. If they still can't compete with online retailers they should give up. They're well into becoming the next Blockbuster. Reggie or not.

Tags
None