Careercow Garry Burns - Gay Activist, Serial Litigant, Media Whore

repentance

Tomorrow person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is it with the commonwealth and piss weak quality control on litigation?

I can't speak for the UK but the tribunals here have a special and limited role. They're not "courts" in the generally accepted sense of the word (for a start, you don't have an inherent right to legal representation at a tribunal). NCAT was originally established as a low cost option to resolve low value tenancy and consumer disputes.

They're fully intended to make access to the legal system easy and inexpensive for the average person. The downside of that is that their processes can be abused.

AnOminous

Villain, I have done thy mother.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't speak for the UK but the tribunals here have a special and limited role. They're not "courts" in the generally accepted sense of the word (for a start, you don't have an inherent right to legal representation at a tribunal). NCAT was originally established as a low cost option to resolve low value tenancy and consumer disputes.

They're fully intended to make access to the legal system easy and inexpensive for the average person. The downside of that is that their processes can be abused.

Don't you have a vexatious litigant policy like the UK? This faggot constantly files losing lawsuits that still cost the victims lots of money to defend. He does win against some genuine pieces of shit like Sunol, but the majority of his lawsuits are utterly frivolous garbage.

repentance

Tomorrow person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't you have a vexatious litigant policy like the UK? This faggot constantly files losing lawsuits that still cost the victims lots of money to defend. He does win against some genuine pieces of shit like Sunol, but the majority of his lawsuits are utterly frivolous garbage.

Yes and no. Many, many actions before NCAT are brought by the same complainant, especially in tenancy matters. Any day of the week you'll see real estate agents and social housing providers bringing actions against multiple people and you can't just ban them from bringing actions solely because they lose a lot of the actions they bring.

I've read some, but not all, of the austlii stuff related to these actions and there's been a lot more nuance involved than summaries by either side would indicate. They also paint a picture of how Garry came to be a self-appointer crusader. He suffered serious, ongoing vilification back in the day and the decisions made by NCAT's predecessor in respect of that trivialised it. I can see how a determination to "make them do their job" arose.

That said, I think his ongoing actions are counterproductive both in terms of his own credibility and in terms of the end goal of reducing discrimination and vilification against gay people.

I'm also not sure why he says there's no free speech in Australia. It's not codified but the right to free *political* speech is implied in the Constitution (this has actually been addressed in previous cases regarding his complaints). The problem Luke and Sunol have is that very little of what they utter can be remotely regarded as "political" speech.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any day of the week you'll see real estate agents and social housing providers bringing actions against multiple people and you can't just ban them from bringing actions solely because they lose a lot of the actions they bring.

I generally agree on the right of open access to courts, but it can't be without limit. There's a lot of difference between bringing numerous actions, even when some or most of them are unlikely to succeed, and the process of simply wasting everyone's time with repetitive frivolous actions intended to deprive others of their rights by simply making exercising them costly through pointlessly multiplying litigation.

Taxpayers shouldn't be funding outright extortion against people simply for speaking their minds.

G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
Imagine being so dumb you lose against this guy. That's Sunol, an absolute exceptional individual.
Burns also got the court to force Luke's dad to make an internet apology for causing butthurt

https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/58b7789fe4b058596cba49b5
Within 14 days of the date of this decision, the respondent is to post the following apology, attributed to him, on the Causes.com website and every website controlled by him, such apology to remain on the website for the life of the website or at least six months whichever is the lesser:-

“This apology is made pursuant to an order of the New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) made on 06 March 2017.

Between 30 December 2013 and 16 June 2014 I published a statement on a website concerning homosexual people.

On 06 March 2017, NCAT held that my statement amounted to unlawful homosexual vilification in contravention of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977 (NSW). NCAT found that it was capable of inciting hatred or severe ridicule of or serious contempt for one or more homosexual people on the ground of their homosexuality. NCAT also found that my statement was not published reasonably and in good faith.

I apologise for publishing this statement. I acknowledge that the Act makes it unlawful to vilify homosexual people on the ground of homosexuality.”

repentance

Tomorrow person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I generally agree on the right of open access to courts, but it can't be without limit. There's a lot of difference between bringing numerous actions, even when some or most of them are unlikely to succeed, and the process of simply wasting everyone's time with repetitive frivolous actions intended to deprive others of their rights by simply making exercising them costly through pointlessly multiplying litigation.

Taxpayers shouldn't be funding outright extortion against people simply for speaking their minds.

I absolutely agree. Sunol could have avoided most of his financial drama by following the NCAT orders and especially by not letting Luke use his blog as a platform and Garry should have better things to do than check every 5 minutes to see if those orders are being breached.

I haven't watched every Sunol video because I find them tedious, but I've watched enough of them to know that his response is often "I agree with Luke and I'm going to continue giving Luke a platform". I tend to skim Luke's stuff but have read enough of it to know that he makes potentially career-ruining accusations against people and that the only reason careers are not being ruined is because he cannot be concise and coherent.

If you strip out all of the schizo ranting, his accusations are explosive given the long and dark history of institutional (and especially police) corruption in NSW and if they were presented by someone more lucid they would absolutely cause immense damage to both individuals and confidence in institutions.

Sunol is in bankruptcy because of Burns lmao. Sunol starts getting pissy at 1:35 here

Sunol also put his assets in trust and is trying to play the "I've got nothing to take" game. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Last edited:
G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
I tend to skim Luke's stuff but have read enough of it to know that he makes potentially career-ruining accusations against people and that the only reason careers are not being ruined is because he cannot be concise and coherent.
Do you believe there is any truth to his claims?

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net

If he was hitting anywhere close to the truth the NSW police would have taken him for a boat ride within days of him saying it. Repentence was massively understating it when he said they have a 'dark history'.

Just to add to that, when a local politician tried to crack down on the Calabrian mafia, the NSW police helped assassinate him and then terrorist-bombed the South Australian police hq. They used to actively run the Sydney drug syndicates with an iron fist, and murdered people at the drop of a hat. Not the pussy American-style "maybe got a bit too trigger happy on a blax in a high-stress situation", but more like "disappearing you off the face of the fucking earth if you cross them" style murder.

It's absolutely plausible that they'd be involved in protecting or extorting from a child sex ring, except for the fact that Luke keeps saying they are and he hasn't been chained to an old wood stove and thrown into Sydney Harbour yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
It's absolutely plausible that they'd be involved in protecting or extorting from a child sex ring, except for the fact that Luke keeps saying they are and he hasn't been chained to an old wood stove and thrown into Sydney Harbour yet.
Well Luke does have a warrant out for his arrest and he has been hiding somewhere in Vietnam for the past 2 years. The warrant involves his shit-talking of the aussie cops.

repentance

Tomorrow person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Which ones? I don't think there's a person with an IQ above plant life who believes that the great purge eradicated all corruption from the NSW Police Force or that everyone corrupt in the legal profession and the judiciary was exposed.

Luke's assertions go further than that, though. He's trying to link people in powerful positions now with corrupt people and networks from that time. He's essentially claiming that the same thing has happened all over again despite the mechanisms put in place to prevent that.

I've seen no evidence that Garry Burns has any ties to that corruption if it has actually festered and regrown, though. Luke knows the mechanisms to shine a light on it. He's chosen not to use them, and that makes me extremely skeptical.

Well Luke does have a warrant out for his arrest and he has been hiding somewhere in Vietnam for the past 2 years. The warrant involves his shit-talking of the aussie cops.

Luke also claims that it's illegal to know the personal contact details of police officers or their sexuality and neither of those things are true.

It is illegal in general here to retaliate against public servants for doing their job, though.

Dyn isn't joking by the way. The level of corruption in our police forces in the past makes the LAPD and CPD look like angels by comparison and that's one reason why seemingly off the wall accusations aren't necessarily going to be dismissed out of hand by the general public.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

But Luke is just a crazy schizophrenic dumbass. He doesn't know shit. He presents no threat to them at all.

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
But Luke is just a crazy schizophrenic dumbass. He doesn't know shit. He presents no threat to them at all.

Sallie-Anne Huckstepp was a junkie prostitute who didn't know shit, and even after she'd been on every media outlet complaining about them and nobody believed her and it was abundantly clear she posed no threat at all they still murdered her.

NSW cops are sick animals who only have one tool in their toolbox and that tool is 'murdering everybody'.

repentance

Tomorrow person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sallie-Anne Huckstepp was a junkie prostitute who didn't know shit, and even after she'd been on every media outlet complaining about them and nobody believed her and it was abundantly clear she posed no threat at all they still murdered her.

They shot her boyfriend first and got a fucking medal for it.

The accusations of corruption had been around for a long time but they just sounded far too convoluted and conspiracy theorist to be true - except that they were true and the truth was much, much worse than the "crazy" accusations which had been ignored for so long.

A counterpoint to the "Luke's not dead yet" argument is that Sallie-Anne Huckstepp wasn't murdered until 5 years after the 60 minutes interview in which she first exposed Roger Rogerson.

Last edited: