Gay Americans are arming themselves to stay alive - "Surely this will be the end of Drumpf"

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
Source
“I don’t want to get beaten to death, stabbed and burnt alive,” a slight woman with long blond hair and a checked shirt says. “I want a gun to feel equal.”

She is a member of one of the United States’ fastest-growing gun clubs, the jauntily named Pink Pistols.

Two years after the massacre at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub, gay, lesbian and transgender Americans are nervous. According to the Human Rights Center (HRC), a US LGBTI advocacy group, 52 gay people were murdered in the US last year because of their sexuality, and 28 transgender people met the same fate.

In increasing numbers, they are fighting back by taking up arms.

It’s brought them into lock step with pro-gun groups that haven’t, historically, been all that welcoming of gay people.

Australian journalist Patrick Abboud traveled to the US to meet some of the new gun-toting gay people, for a report to be broadcast on Australian news show “The Feed” on Tuesday.

It was a sobering experience, he told News.com.au.

“There is one murder per week of a gay person purely because they’re gay, and that’s really horrifying. The level of homophobia and transphobia in the USA is out of control and some people told me a gun is the difference between living and dying.”

The Pink Pistols have been nicknamed the “gay NRA,” a reference to the controversial National Rifle Association that is a staunch proponent of pro-gun laws.

“I would never have thought I’d see the LGBTI community siding with incredibly conservative, right-wing, pro-gun advocates that have been publicly homophobic and transphobic — that didn’t make any sense,” Abboud explained.

But after meeting some of the gun club’s members, Abboud said, there was a real fear that had only been stoked by the country’s rabid political landscape.

Tuesday marks two years since the massacre at Pulse. Almost 50 people were gunned down by security guard Omar Mateen in a three-hour rampage.

Abboud spoke to Piper Smith, head of the Pink Pistols chapter in San Diego: “She decided to take up arms two days after Orlando because she said it was the 9/11 of [the] gay community. She couldn’t comprehend it and she genuinely didn’t want to go outside because she felt threatened just because of who she was.”

“There is a looming fear that if it can happen in Orlando, it can happen anywhere.”

The Pink Pistols now claim to have 45 regional divisions and 10,000 mostly LGBTI people on its books. They exist for a very simple reason: “We teach queers to shoot,” states the website.

“Gays that are armed and trained, don’t get bashed and killed,” said Jeff Bloovman, a nursing student and gun instructor who has become something of a poster boy for the Pink Pistols.

“Jeff breaks every stereotype,” said Abboud. “He’s super buff, super butch, the straightest gay man I have ever met and he has tons of guns in his home.”

“He spent a couple of hours showing me his guns. I couldn’t believe the number he keeps around him, I saw 35 guns, but he wouldn’t tell me how many he had.”

“Some people might say he’s a gun nut, but I spent several days with him and he’s the sweetest, gentlest, most loving guy you’d know. But he genuinely goes out every day and feels like he’s going to be attacked and his schtick is that if it happens, he’s ready.”

Abboud said the message he received was that the political divisions in US society were making gay people more fearful than they had been for some time. Others said the police could no longer be trusted to protect the LGBTI community or they took too long to react.

“Jeff said that the threat came from the culture and climate he is now living under as well as the [homophobic] things he has heard,” Abboud said.

“The HRC said there was more danger since Trump; that when the nation’s leader suggests or alludes to some minority communities being more disposable than others, that sends a message.”
So... as a non-American, isn't this what the 2nd amendment is about? but at the same time they shriek at the NRA at every chance they get? make up your mind, people.

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Two years after the massacre at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub, gay, lesbian and transgender Americans are nervous. According to the Human Rights Center (HRC), a US LGBTI advocacy group, 52 gay people were murdered in the US last year because of their sexuality, and 28 transgender people met the same fate.
I remember the progressives' reaction to the Pulse Night Club shooting. It was almost as funny as their reaction to the San Bernadino shooting.

Shugo

kiwifarms.net
Lol they interview a "Pink Pistols" chapter head in San Diego, a city where the police pretty much deny all its citizens the right to carry a gun outside the home for self-defense. Or if you're rich and famous and the police chief will let you, or if you're a politician who wants to protect himself like Dianne Feinstein, who openly said she wants door-to-door gun confiscation. What's the point of only being able to bear arms in your home, when most attacks would take place outside of it?

Maybe the NRA was onto something when they advocated for more protections for gun rights? Residents of San Diego appealed to the Supreme Court to affirm their right to keep and bear arms outside the home, but the Supreme Court doesn't care and refused to take the case. Open carry in California is illegal, concealed carry is only allowed if the police give you permission, and they only give politicians or rich people permission. That's gun control: we don't want to take your guns, just keep them out of the hands of bad people, like everyone who doesn't pay off the police chief.

I remember the progressives' reaction to the Pulse Night Club shooting. It was almost as funny as their reaction to the San Bernadino shooting.
Too bad, in most states it's illegal to carry a gun into a bar or any place that serves alcohol. Better keep our gays in our gay clubs disarmed for the next time someone decides to target a gay club and the only "protection" is a unarmed queer bouncer, or the police who are 15 minutes away. Not saying you should ever drink and carry a gun, but you don't have to drink in a gay bar, I'm sure you can simply go to the private booths and get pozzed up completely sober.

In the past, gun control laws were often intended to disarm blacks. A point that the far left often ignores.
Most gun control laws were written in the Jim Crow era specifically for this. MLK jr was denied the right to carry a handgun concealed in Alabama. Too bad the FBI didn't protect him while he was under their direct surveillance and blackmailing him, the police don't have any "duty" to protect him from being murdered, and people in "may issue" states don't have any right to defend themselves with a gun. Too bad the Supreme Court doesn't care.

Very topical, the FBI wiretapping MLK jr because he was a political enemy, looking for 'dirt' to get him to stop advocating for equal rights, and sending him anonymous letters urging him to kill himself.

Last edited:

autism420

neg rate me = u admit to being a fagit cuck nerd ߷
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, that is the point of the second amendment.

In the past, gun control laws were often intended to disarm blacks. A point that the far left often ignores.
This exactly - like the "melting point" gun laws that were pretty much created just to make it so the only guns poor people could afford were illegal.

Also OP, you can still be pro-2A and hate the NRA.

Shugo

kiwifarms.net
Doesn't everyone that's pro-2A hate the NRA, what with them promoting gun control at times?
No because they spend their millions and millions of member fees a year in PR and advertising to give themselves a positive view, instead of actually doing anything for gun rights.

Note how their membership skyrocketed after David Hogg was on CNN for a few weeks straight.

c-no

Minnesota Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The fact that we got an lgbt group that wants to own guns for protection is something one would like to see in how the gun control crowd would deal with.

Also OP, you can still be pro-2A and hate the NRA.
Can confirm as a gun owner and from a conversation with @The Dude. It wouldn't be surprising though if those for gun control end up generalizing all gun owners as NRA members.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
A part of me believes this could be just some glorified publicity stunt to be edgy or a scare tactic, but these days you never know

This is a great argument to use against liberals who push for a gun ban.
The fact that we got an lgbt group that wants to own guns for protection is something one would like to see in how the gun control crowd would deal with.
With stuff like this:

Do they have a real grasp of gun control laws?

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
There's a couple of these LGBT-friendly pro-gun orgs out there. Powerlevel warning: I contribute some dosh to one when I can, just to give the finger to the gun-grabbers.

A small segment of the LGBT crowd has figured out that the best defense is self-defense, and is pursuing those options. But most of them are too inebriated on leftist Kool-Aid to figure out that being disarmed just makes you easy prey.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino