General Civilian Aviation Thread - Post your videos, images and thoughts

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
Since the age of the Boeing 747 and Airbus A380 is coming to an end as well as commercial flight as we know it, lets discuss it here.

Here is videos of the favorite engine designs I like on aircraft. Rolls Royce knows to to design engines good.

And a KLM Boeing 747 flying overhead.

• Winner
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

momy daddy dont touc my penus no~~~ awoo!~ brittan
kiwifarms.net
Behold, the death of the penis.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there some old airplane sim video game series started around the Sega Genesis era that was like Railroad Tycoon but with flew-flews instead of choo-choos?

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On subject of 747, I recently watched this documentary series that has an episode about South African Airways's adoption and pioneering use of the 747 for long distance flights in difficult conditions

The high elevation and hot air temperature at the former Jan Smuts International Airport in Johannesburg presented some technical problems for takeoffs, and since the rest of black Africa forbade South African Airways airliners from using their airspace, they had to fly all the way around the African coastline in order to service routes to Europe and UK. It's already a pretty long straight-line distance between Europe and South Africa, but to tack on that detour was just insane.

I guess they paid good money though, so Boeing was willing to collaborate closely with SAA in order to fine tune their 747 fleet in spite of any PR blowback.

MrJokerRager

kiwifarms.net
The British Airways 747s with the Rolls Royce are a nice aesthetic.

This video has aged a lot when you see Delta and United Boeing 747s. Also realized that United was still flying the 747-300 edition.

This is great footage.

• Winner

MrJokerRager

kiwifarms.net
Apparently found out this is a thing. Relaxing inside a airplane cabin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Winner
Tags
None