General Paranormal thread - A cold abyss that light won't touch......

Begemot

I'll be back, whimpering n the shadows...
kiwifarms.net
Occasionally I add horror/paranormal pictures to the random pics & gif thread but I always felt the vibe there was more suited to eccentrricities and meme culture more than horror.

@Recon & I were thinking about a general thread for fossicking through the darkness in the still of the night. Even if the emphasis is too broad I'm thinking of a catch-all thread for dark games, movies and literature. I'm hoping you'll all give us an understand of Gothic & Paranormal culture.

For me the quickest and best way to access horror is the creepypasta and I'll start by adding some recent finds tonight:

East Yorkshire: part 1

East Yorkshire Part 2

Skinwalker story::

Okinawa ghost story:

'Sherlock'

Oh, yeah, @Recon found this as well, it's pretty meta...

Last edited:

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Putting these in one place was a great idea!
We both love works that pull horror out of unexpected or seemingly mundane places. That's been a big trend in Horror over the last ~20 years & it's given us things like the found footage narratives of Blair Witch & Outlast. The meta-horror of Danielewski's "House of Leaves" shares the same sub-surface dread that defines Konami's Silent Hill 2. Reality is a scab that's peeled away to reveal a Hell that was always there but often overlooked. The notion of an "Other World" that intersects our own from time to time is something I've seen in Celtic mythology. At the heart of this conceit is the belief that reality is "thin" in some places. Travel between the spirit world and the base reality is thought to be possible in these places.

The role of horror in these narratives isn't what we're used to. It's ever present, it's woven into the setting as opposed to being embodied in an antagonist or a monster.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Eryngium

#Biden2020 #BlueNoMatterWho #RidingWithBiden
kiwifarms.net
Occasionally I add horror/paranormal pictures to the random pics & gif thread but I always felt the vibe there was more suited to eccentrricities and meme culture more than horror.

@Recon & I were thinking about a general thread for fossicking through the darkness in the still of the night. Even if the emphasis is too broad I'm thinking of a catch-all thread for dark games, movies and literature. I'm hoping you'll all give us an understand of Gothic & Paranormal culture.

For me the quickest and best way to access horror is the creepypasta and I'll start by adding some recent finds tonight:

View attachment 788404

East Yorkshire: part 1

View attachment 788424

East Yorkshire Part 2

View attachment 788425

View attachment 788438

Skinwalker story::
View attachment 788464

Okinawa ghost story:

View attachment 788466

'Sherlock'
View attachment 788470

Oh, yeah, @Recon found this as well, it's pretty meta...

View attachment 788475
Great thread but you should spoiler some of the stuff in the OP

Shadily on youtube has a bunch readings of some /x/ 4chan greentexts that are pretty good.

Here are a few of the better ones:

This ones probably the best reading hes done but it's a bit corny. /k/ mixed with /x/

This ones more of classic /x/ story.

This ones a good one.

This ones probably the most stereotypical /x/ story.

gun

kiwifarms.net
i always liked it when there was creepy stuff in the cursed images/videos threads

this first one was already posted the the cursed video thread but i think its neat

Great thread but you should spoiler some of the stuff in the OP

Shadily on youtube has a bunch readings of some /x/ 4chan greentexts that are pretty good.

Here are a few of the better ones:

This ones probably the best reading hes done but it's a bit corny. /k/ mixed with /x/

This ones more of classic /x/ story.

This ones a good one.

This ones probably the most stereotypical /x/ story.

i remember all the jojacob666 and shirtfag videos that were posted on /x/ back then, shirtfag made a new account called creepypaste but it seems he's left again, last upload was 4 years ago, its a nice repository of videos from everywhere

Reactions: Archon and Begemot

Begemot

I'll be back, whimpering n the shadows...
kiwifarms.net
Putting these in one place was a great idea!
We both love works that pull horror out of unexpected or seemingly mundane places. That's been a big trend in Horror over the last ~20 years & it's given us things like the found footage narratives of Blair Witch & Outlast. The meta-horror of Danielewski's "House of Leaves" shares the same sub-surface dread that defines Konami's Silent Hill 2. Reality is a scab that's peeled away to reveal a Hell that was always there but often overlooked. The notion of an "Other World" that intersects our own from time to time is something I've seen in Celtic mythology. At the heart of this conceit is the belief that reality is "thin" in some places. Travel between the spirit world and the base reality is thought to be possible in these places.

The role of horror in these narratives isn't what we're used to. It's ever present, it's woven into the setting as opposed to being embodied in an antagonist or a monster.
'House of leaves' might be a proto variant of 'The backrooms'.

I'm ashamed to say I missed out on on most of the silent hill games, I played 'Silent Hill: Homecoming' and was actually okay with that, though I know that is heresy.

I met a strange woman once.
View attachment 790220

edit: more than once, but this was the strangest.
Um.....

Also, if you guys think Japanese horror manga primarily consists of the grotesques of Junji Ito I would suggest a superior and more subtle work would be 'Fuan no tane' (seeds of anxiety):

Last edited:

Absolute Brainlet

Local demon pimp shitposting on New Zealand forum
kiwifarms.net
Yay, time to dump my favorite spooky greentexts
This one's an absolute classic
Another classic
This is one of the more obscure ones
Someone already mentioned Shadilay, so here's two more channels with readings of scary tales - Keque and Kekke The OP
And to cap it all off, here's a motherlode of an archive of of /x/-related content: creepypastas, greentexts, images, articles, you name it. Enjoy, frens

Reactions: Sundae and Archon

The 8 of Spades

Kiwi Farms' Friendly Local SALVATION™ Salesman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm an Old fuck so I'm Into the proto-creepypasta, Urban Legends. They're based on area and it's a pretty interesting subject to read into if you're interested. The best site I know for finding these things (And if you look long enough, you'll see similarities and patterns emerge in the stories.) is The Shadowlands, where you'll likely find where you live if you're in the US.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
My one paranormal experience I can recall off hand was doing storyboards for a short film project at another dudes house. Oddly enough this guy I met was a guy my dad knew in high school which was kind of funny but his house was old and kind of had a sort of mixed feeling to it.

A feeling of comfort with something feeling a little "off", like if you were alone you never really felt alone. I kind of had a feeling someone died in the house related to the owner(or his roomate). Now, I doubt theres a place in the world where someone hasn't died so it'd be silly to ask "did someone die here?" at random, but the thought was nagging me.

So day 2 of filming at his place and as we set up a camera and get the lighting equipment in place I get the nerve to ask him "Dude, I know this is going to sound really out of place and I'm not saying this as a joke or anything...But did your father die in this house"

And he said "No. My dads still alive". So naturally I realized I was crazy and needed to up my medication and probably cut back on the ol interwebs.

The End.

...Ok, he followed up with "But my roommates father died here, and you're standing directly where we found his body."

Lucky guess? 🙁

• Feels
Reactions: Archon and Begemot

K. V. Bones

¿QUIRES?
kiwifarms.net
Had a Strange few sightings. So today I saw an apparition of a deer, I thought i had just hit it in the middle of the road. I came to my senses and realized nothing happened pretty quickly.

Maybe it was a ghost of someone who died from hitting a deer, i mean it was a male deer so maybe the person got impaled or something, boy would I hate to be the schmuck who hit that one.

FitBitch

A housewife!
kiwifarms.net
Once I was driving to work in broad daylight and I saw a... Shadow? Cross the road. It was upright like a physical object, as large as a bear and with a lumbering gait. As I drove through it my radio cut off abruptly. Damn thing never worked again after that and I had to drive in silence until I totaled that van on a deer about a year later.

definitely the FBI

kiwifarms.net
So I've had this experience that I've only told close family, but after seeing that ole kiwi has a paranormal thread, I can kinda write it out for posterity's sake so here it is.
I was in Afghanistan with the Marines over 7 years ago. I was on a platoon patrol base that was maybe 15-20 meters from the nearest compound. We began to get engaged just about 2-3 times a day there, and in order to allow the Marines time to sleep, we were sent 18 Afghan police personnel to stand watch while we were getting what little sleep we could get. The insurgents rarely hit us at night because we had NVGs and other technology that made fights at night not worth it for Taliban, so it didn't matter how poorly trained the police were because the minute we heard a shot it would wake everyone up.
Well the Afghan police usually had the best hash ever, so one night I couldn't sleep, and decided to climb up on every post, until I found somebody with hash. The first two posts were a bust, and the third post was my next destination. As I came closer I saw three dudes up in the bunker which was abnormal, and they were pointing and whisper shouting to one another. Because of the HESCO barriers around the PB, I couldn't see what they were pointing at so I climbed the ladder up there. When I got up on the post, the commander (who was NEVER awake at night) grabbed me by the shoulder and started pointing out among the buildings, it was at this point that I noticed that one of them was sobbing gently almost like he was a scared kid. I looked in the area the commander was pointing at, through my RCO (or acog if you were in the army), and didn't really see anything until a TREE MOVED. It took a few seconds for me to really register what happened and my mind couldn't really correlate what I saw but the more I focused the more I realized what I was seeing.
What I thought was a large tree trunk (probably 20-25 feet high) CROUCHED and disappeared behind a set of compounds. I actually "yelped" when it fully disappeared and that woke up our 0331 team (machine gunners in the Marines) who slept in a tent closest to the wall. I pretty much didn't bother with the ladder, but jumped off the post and started yelling to the MG team what I saw and they all woke up and kicked the afghans off the post and setup the 240. It hadn't "stood back up" yet and for a minute, I thought I had imagined it, or the stress of the deployment had me way more fucked up than I realized.
We were staring at the area I showed them so hard, I felt like my eyes were gonna explode, and then it fucking stood back up and began walking left to right and it's legs were so fucking thin, one of the Sgts said it looked like a stick insect. By then, EVERYBODY was awake on the patrol base, and unlike in horror movies, all but three people saw it. It kind of moved like stop motion. It gave most of us a headache, and our pointman, who was literally made of stone, peed his pants. It finally got about 500 meters away before we lost sight of it. If I was to describe it, I would say it was over 20 feet tall, had really long skinny legs and VERY long arms but I couldn't see where they ended because of the compound walls. It was very dark in overall complexion and seemed to be almost textured like tree bark.
When we got home, my unit had a lot of suicides (10 out of 33), and everytime I talk to one of my buddies from my unit, the spindly horror is literally the first thing that's mentioned EVERYTIME. To this day, I have no idea what it was, but I know it wasn't deployment stress because 1. We all saw it, and 2 it glowed when viewed under thermals. I try not to think about deployment too much, but I've heard similar stories from other units in the area, and some units said they were followed by it during night patrols, but it never got too close to them. If anybody has any ideas or could offer a psychological explanation for shared hallucinations, please lemme know.

• Informative
Reactions: FitBitch and Sundae
Tags
None