General Peripherals Thread - Keyboards, mice, controllers, and anything else you can plug into your computer

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the recommendations. I went with a G502 wired mouse in the end, and I'm really liking it. I did occasionally hit the DPI up/down buttons by accident, but I'm getting used to it and not hitting them as much.
Bind them to something useful or unbind them so they do nothing.

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
I think all laptops should have a TrackPoint, like the ThinkPad. It is the perfect compromise between a trackpad and a mouse. You don't need to swing your finger around the place to move the cursor across the screen, and you can use it while wearing gloves. And it feels really natural to use it, at least on older ThinkPads, where the design made sense.
Best part was that the caps were removable so if it got grotty you just buy a four-pack of replacements for 50 cents.

I wish modern Lenovo wasn't garbage. I miss my indestructable brick laptops with dual batteries.

• Feels
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the necro but i think (i hope) this is the thread for it, i was given a bunch of USB memory sticks but my tablet only accept microsd cards, is there any peripherals that allowsuck a tablet to read USB memory sticks?

Deadwaste

im going insane help me
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the necro but i think (i hope) this is the thread for it, i was given a bunch of USB memory sticks but my tablet only accept microsd cards, is there any peripherals that allowsuck a tablet to read USB memory sticks?
i mean, there are male micro/mini usb to female usb dongles out there that might work if your tablet has one of those, but i dont know if those will work with usb flashdrives

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My mouse is a Logitech G402. Its nice. I like have the DPI options on the mouse. I think you can use an app in windows to change the DPI levels but I don't think one exists on Linux. I did use a Logitech G19 keyboard for a while. Its nice. I found it thrifting for $5, practically brand new and unused. A fucking steal, especially since ebay has a few listed right now at $100+. It still works, but I use a generic Dell one now. I just didn't like turning off the screen all the time and the lights on the keyboard itself bothered me.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Search for USB On The Go adapters, either MicroUSB or USB-C depending on however yours charges.

• Agree
Reactions: The Real SVP

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
i mean, there are male micro/mini usb to female usb dongles out there that might work if your tablet has one of those, but i dont know if those will work with usb flashdrives
https://archive.md/ZH8hN is what I have andmdespite looking I don't know if there is anything compatible with it out there, I really suck at technological stuff

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking of buying a Microsoft Sculpt mouse because of the touch strip, but I'm not clear on what that allows you to do and how it can be configured, is there anyone with one that can enlighten me? Googling it is so incredibly heavy on links to buying it and the information on Microsofts site is shit. ("press it to bring up the start menu!" that just sounds annoying)

Tags
None