General transgender discussion thread - Take the tranny related debates here.

PissPool

kiwifarms.net
I don't want to go through 45 pages to see if this has already been discussed.

Why is the trans rights movement so heavily dominated by MtF? Is it just confirmation bias because most of them are pretty hideous while most FtM either just look like twinks or butch lesbians and don't really stand out? It seems like any tranny on twitter or youtube or whatever "fighting" for trans rights is a MtF.
Before KiwiFarms I read incel forums because I’ve always been a whore for drama and hate watching, and it’s given me a theory.

There is a huge influx of 20-30 year old men trooning out right now, the kind that don’t have dysphoria but totally get ‘euphoria’ from putting on a dress. The AGPs. And yes, it being a fetish is part of it, but it’s not the only reason. The reason is desperate broken men trying to get a better quality of life through dumbass means.

In incel communities there’s the usual women hate, but there’s also bitterness because of the belief that being a woman is wonderful. Life as a girl is life on easy mode, especially for the hot ones. This belief can get so delusional you see men who sincerely think women should never be sad or depressed- how can they when life bows down to them and gives them everything they want? Hardcore incels just get bitter and more hateful, but this belief is so widespread it also makes its way to the troon vulnerable community- whiteknight loser guys.

These are the ones who will troon out. These are the men who like talking about how women are glorious goddesses who should be cherished and treated as perfect specimens of humanity. They see life as an anime, where the guys talk about how you have to treat women as special and perfect and then always protect the girls and shower them with affection. Sure, the odd creep might menace them but another guy will always swoop in and protect her! They see this as how women in real life actually go through their existence.
It doesn’t matter how many pretty girls talk about how it can really suck because you are creeped on and harassed a lot, because they don’t see that as a negative thing. The hot girls problems are the opposite of their problems (i.e being ignored and mocked). They want to be harassed and catcalled because they are desperate to be noticed and complimented. They were not raised to be fearful like girls were, so there’s no reflection that maybe problems on the far opposite side of the spectrum suck too.
So after years of being unable to get any positive attention (especially from girls) and feeling invisible and like a failure of a man, it’s not hard to see the weird leap of logic that if they become a girl they will also be treated as a precious goddess. They will finally get attention, praise, and kindness. They will join a club that seems to look out for one another and have instant friends because girls are like, TOTALLY all about sticking together and being besties hee hee! 10 years ago they couldn’t have trooned out because being trans was all about feeling like your body was wrong. These guys don’t feel that way- except now you don’t need dysphoria so what’s stopping you from living life on easy mode?

But girls and sane people know that life is hard for girls like it is all humans. They still have to make rent, deal with mean people and shitty bosses. People don’t actually treat them like a perfect goddess and they have their own host of unique problems. When these men troon out they find out that life hasn’t changed and gotten perfect, so to cope they stick together and make ‘no cis girls allowed’ clubs to try and become what they wanted from others- endless thirst posts to boost egos. If the world won’t naturally treat them as goddesses like the expected, well by God they just have to do it for each other then.

barbiegirl

Whale lover
kiwifarms.net
Why is the trans rights movement so heavily dominated by MtF? Is it just confirmation bias because most of them are pretty hideous while most FtM either just look like twinks or butch lesbians and don't really stand out?
Ftms have the brains of men (the straight ones anyway, not the uwu soft transboy gay ones) so they dont engage in petty drama, a few years on T and you're identical to a cis man aesthetically, just probably short, so they can just hide in society and be normal.

Mtfs are eternally stuck in their transness because its much more difficult for them to blend in, also being a fem male in society is like suicide in some places. MTFs have a bunch of mental illness usually unless they trans out super young. AGP give all troons a bad name, but there are a lot of straight troons who get their surgeries, hormones, and disappear of the face of the earth to have families and regular lives, but you'll never see an agp want to do that.

Basically The AGP troons are so loud that they dominate everyone, the troons who like men are generally quiet (obvi exceptions) or at least not as bad as agp, they also generally pass better, ftms are just women or super passable trans men so just blend in.

Fuck!

Belligerent Faggot
kiwifarms.net
This might include a tad of powerlevelling but only enough to provide context about what I want to say.

Firstly, I am transgender. I'm fully aware about how most farmers feel about and handle this subject, I won't expect people to begin insulting me but I'm not going to freak out if they do.

Secondly, I'm currently working towards a degree in psychology. It's not exactly a hardcore science but it does give me insight into how people thing and work.

My opinions on transgenderism, though pretty 'leftist' by definition, are actually very looked down upon in the community. The most controversial being that you have to have some sort of dysphoria to be considered actually transgender. This doesn't have to be in the form of disliking or hating your body, it can also be something like, you're okay with your body, but wish you could have a 'better' one (being the opposite sex).

Next, I actually embrace and support societal gender roles and teaching them to children based on their sex. Inherently, there's nothing wrong with giving a little girl pink toys and a little boy blue toys. The only thing I believe is wrong is forcing your child to adhere specifically to their gender role, even if they express interest in activities that don't align with it. (I.E, if a little boy genuinely wants to play with barbies, you shouldn't stop him from doing so)

As for the gender spectrum, I consider it to be Male, Female, and Everything Else in Between. While I do think it's valid to have a gender that doesn't specifically align with male or female, I think that the only other pronoun people should use is "they", and their gender should just be considered to be Nonbinary, full stop. Neogenders and Neopronouns are dumb as hell and I will gladly make fun of anyone who claims that they're 'sparklegender'.

By the by, if you're looking for some whack ass shit to laugh at, check out this site called PRONOUNY . I made it to the second page before I lost it.

Another opinion I have that could be seen as controversial is that children cannot decide their gender or begin transitioning. Babies and children are dumb as fuck and most times, they'll simply want to break gender norms rather than identifying as a different gender. Just because your four year old boy loves pink, dresses, and unicorns, doesn't mean that he wants to become a boy.

Occasionally, there are signs that will foreshadow someone identifying as a different gender, usually these start during or around puberty. For instance, when I was young, I was fascinated how the opposite sex used the toilet, and wanted to try it differently than how my sex was supposed to do it. It might sound super weird, but it does make sense now that I'm in university and understand myself better.

That being said, even if a child in puberty thinks they're a different gender, sometimes a phase IS just a phase. I believe that teenagers should not be able to take HRT until they're seventeen (Provided they're diagnosed with gender dysphoria), and should not be allowed to surgically transition until 21, where the brain is a bit more developed.

And lastly, though it doesn't seem too terrible of an issue anymore, assuming genders is fine. If I go somewhere and someone genuinely needs to know that I'm trans, I'll explain it to them. But generally, if it meows, it's a cat, and if it's wearing a dress and makeup, it's probably a girl.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
To me, a "troon" would be a transtrender, or a trans person that's a lolcow, and their being trans happens to be a big part of WHY.
Regular trans people are trans people who are just like ordinary people, only they happen to be trans. Like, I don't think of Kalvin Garrah, or Rose of Daw as troons, but I do think of Riley Dennis as one.

(Actually, didn't the word originally mean someone who LOOKED like a trans person, but actually was cis?)

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
It's the difference between a low grade and a weapons grade sperg. We've all probably got some level of sperg in us, things that we'll obsess over that no one else will; but there's a mile difference between some tranny down the road who and Yaniv. Same as there is between some guy sperging on twatter and Chris chan.

Reactions: Aaa0aaa0

Fuck!

Belligerent Faggot
kiwifarms.net
Now how do you tell the difference between a regular trans-person and a troon?
Trans Person: A person who happens to be trans. Well educated and informed on their decisions. Mature enough to not freak out when they realize people don't accept them.

Troon: Immature, generally very defensive of themself and insecure for no reason. Thinks they're trans based on a rash judgement of themself. Probably visits r/traaaaaaannnnnnnnnns, treats being trans like it's an exciting new adventure.

A lot of the Troon description fits chris chan but it wasn't intentional LMFAO

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Regular trans people are trans people who are just like ordinary people, only they happen to be trans.
"Happen to be trans".
just like ordinary people,
Seriously??

"Trans" is a symptom of severe mental illness. There is nothing ordinary about this. Butchering your genitals isn't what ordinary people do. It's what people who are out of their fucking mind do. Pretending to be the opposite sex isn't ordinary either.

"Trans" isn't like being gay. That's like saying people in looney bins are just like ordinary people. Only they happen to be batshit insane and can't live on their own.

Dr. Troon Lagoon

Dr. Nurgle, your kids genitals are mine
kiwifarms.net
This might include a tad of powerlevelling but only enough to provide context about what I want to say.

Firstly, I am transgender. I'm fully aware about how most farmers feel about and handle this subject, I won't expect people to begin insulting me but I'm not going to freak out if they do.

Secondly, I'm currently working towards a degree in psychology. It's not exactly a hardcore science but it does give me insight into how people thing and work.

My opinions on transgenderism, though pretty 'leftist' by definition, are actually very looked down upon in the community. The most controversial being that you have to have some sort of dysphoria to be considered actually transgender. This doesn't have to be in the form of disliking or hating your body, it can also be something like, you're okay with your body, but wish you could have a 'better' one (being the opposite sex).

Next, I actually embrace and support societal gender roles and teaching them to children based on their sex. Inherently, there's nothing wrong with giving a little girl pink toys and a little boy blue toys. The only thing I believe is wrong is forcing your child to adhere specifically to their gender role, even if they express interest in activities that don't align with it. (I.E, if a little boy genuinely wants to play with barbies, you shouldn't stop him from doing so)

As for the gender spectrum, I consider it to be Male, Female, and Everything Else in Between. While I do think it's valid to have a gender that doesn't specifically align with male or female, I think that the only other pronoun people should use is "they", and their gender should just be considered to be Nonbinary, full stop. Neogenders and Neopronouns are dumb as hell and I will gladly make fun of anyone who claims that they're 'sparklegender'.

By the by, if you're looking for some whack ass shit to laugh at, check out this site called PRONOUNY . I made it to the second page before I lost it.

Another opinion I have that could be seen as controversial is that children cannot decide their gender or begin transitioning. Babies and children are dumb as fuck and most times, they'll simply want to break gender norms rather than identifying as a different gender. Just because your four year old boy loves pink, dresses, and unicorns, doesn't mean that he wants to become a boy.

Occasionally, there are signs that will foreshadow someone identifying as a different gender, usually these start during or around puberty. For instance, when I was young, I was fascinated how the opposite sex used the toilet, and wanted to try it differently than how my sex was supposed to do it. It might sound super weird, but it does make sense now that I'm in university and understand myself better.

That being said, even if a child in puberty thinks they're a different gender, sometimes a phase IS just a phase. I believe that teenagers should not be able to take HRT until they're seventeen (Provided they're diagnosed with gender dysphoria), and should not be allowed to surgically transition until 21, where the brain is a bit more developed.

And lastly, though it doesn't seem too terrible of an issue anymore, assuming genders is fine. If I go somewhere and someone genuinely needs to know that I'm trans, I'll explain it to them. But generally, if it meows, it's a cat, and if it's wearing a dress and makeup, it's probably a girl.
So how familiar are you then with the literature on both sides of the aisle? Also inviting other kiwis to join, I would love to hear from some fellow medical kiwis too to hear their anon insights!

I found Debra Soh's new book The End of Gender an interesting read, although it plays to my bias as basically aggregates all the papers I found and read, mostly by Zucker, Blanchard, Bailey and Cantor. However I find her outlook rather liberal and she makes a great deal of effort on emphasizing both sides of the argument, which gives me reason to believe that she is sincere and her argumentation seems sound.

I am inclined to agree with her that sex is binary and so is gender identity. The latter however moves between the two endpoints of complete masculinity or femininity as a spectrum in how we act/present and which preferences/tendencies, feminine or masculine, we may have and is determined during gestation: we all have traits of both some more than others. Our social environment postnatal determines what is viewed as masculine/feminine, and therefore plastic, and to what we degree we can act on our desires or are forced to suppress them. Kids do little more than figuring out how the world around them works, suss out the patterns and start consolidating their gender identity around early puberty. I see no fault with that theory and it seems completely plausible to me.

I have not been able to read the opposition such as Julia Serrano's Whipping Girl, although I have read some of her blogposts and she does bring up some fair points that make me doubt Blanchards AGP Theory:
1) Cantor, Bailey, Blanchard, Zucker and Soh are all linked academically and as such are a loose group of researchers that are proponents of this theory. So they may be biased towards each other.
2)As he also states I cannot find many papers on AGP, its exclusively published by this group and Anne Lawrence who is an outlier. This creates doubt in my mind as 1) Either its such a bunk theory that other researchers have not pursued it or 2) It is as Soh states in her book that there is a large taboo on the subject within academic circles, but the latter almost sounds on the border of conspiracy theory to me.
3) He cites counter evidence by psychologist Jamie Veale that claims that there are plenty of TG's that claim to be bisexual or asexual (albeit the latter is very small so you could see it as the exception to the rule) therefore breaking the homosexual transsexual and AGP categorization, while Blanchard has pretty much stated that he thinks that these people are not entirely honest in their answer and that they are homosexual or heterosexual. Both sides offer fair points, but it makes Blanchard look worse as he needs to "prop up" this theory with ad hoc reasoning: you may need to question the validity of the theory if you need to keep doing that, particularly if you have nothing to back up these assertions.

The caveat is that Julia, Jamie and another high up critical academic Dana Janett Bevan from Princeton are all what we would call AGPs, which also casts doubt on my mind as that seems like a strong potential bias.

I also disagree strongly with Serano's depiction on the firing of Zucker as the account of Jesse Singal really gives reasonably doubt that this was a politically motivated firing. Serano also called the questioning approach that Zucker at al employed "conversion therapy", which I find disingenuous as he conflates it with homosexual conversion therapy and from what I can tell this was not the case: psychologists and us MD's are not a patients buddy buddy we should be allowed to question and probe a patient to come to the right conclusion and foremost first do no harm. This is particularly the case when dealing with psychiatric issues where we cannot simply do certain tests as you would with a somatic substrate. People deceive for various reasons, that should be no surprise.

The affirmative approach sounds to me like being a (legally liable) obedient pushover that just goes along and I disagree vehemently with this approach. "Zachte heelmeesters maken stinkende wonden": gentle healers cause festering wounds, as we tend to say in the Lowlands.
I believe that MD's like Olsen-Kennedy and her trans husband as a social worker are operating in good faith, but I find it chilling how little they do to challenge their own assertions by doing the necessary studies to assure themselves that 1) puberty blockers has no long-term serious consequences when given prolonged starting a young age, 2) whether kids spontaneously remit in their GD, 3) whether kids fare better with their affirmative approach vs psychotherapy/watchful waiting.

Tl;DR: Both the proponents as the opponents of the AGP theory have fair arguments yet background details surrounding them that gives me reason to doubt them.

P.S: I must say though that I find the Title of Seranos book rather distasteful/trashy as googling it brings up other thrashy novels as you would expect to go along with such a header and seems a rather male kind of thing to do speaking as a man.

Others recommended Contrapoints AGP video, but so far I could not bring myself to watch it, I find his voice and presentation extremely grating. Anybody who watched it and does he bring up fair points?

ChaChaHeels:BlackOnes

kiwifarms.net
Contrapoints pretty much lands on ‘Ok, AGP might be a thing, but I don’t actually care and neither should my viewers’.

Blanchard doesn’t say that all AGPs are heterosexual, btw, he says that HSTS are exclusively homosexual, but AGPs can be of any sexual orientation (most are heterosexual because the majority of humans are heterosexual).

I think this might be his most recent interview on the subject:

PissPool

kiwifarms.net
I think you just need to look at people like Kevin Gibes and the Unicorn Ranch to see proof of AGP. He’s flat out admitted (basically) that he transitioned due to a fetish and constantly gets horny thinking about himself being an uwu girl, which... an actual girl, even a trans one would not do.
I don’t have a problem with trans people in general honestly, because even if you don’t believe they’re an ‘actual girl/boy’ if they’re just a person living their life the way that makes them happy and not bothering anyone then who cares. I even have an acquaintance from a friend group who decided they are a trans girl and even though I secretly think they are the ‘kinda feminine boy feels like a failure of his gender and wants to be a girl to be treated better’ kinda trans I’m not a dick so I use she/her around them.
I am strongly against this whole ‘no dysphoria needed and trans out your kids’ trend though, and think the loud obnoxious AGPs who talk about how it’s soooooo great to have bewbs and being a girl is so fun and sexy tee hee~ are total cancer tho.

JeanActimel

Oiled-Up for the Bromance
kiwifarms.net
Go to this subreddit
Sort by top to see trans and by new to see troon

In short a troon is a trans that makes no/not enough effort to look passable

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Seriously??

"Trans" is a symptom of severe mental illness. There is nothing ordinary about this. Butchering your genitals isn't what ordinary people do. It's what people who are out of their fucking mind do. Pretending to be the opposite sex isn't ordinary either.

"Trans" isn't like being gay. That's like saying people in looney bins are just like ordinary people. Only they happen to be batshit insane and can't live on their own.
In fairness isn't GD a legit condition albeit an extremely rare one?
I think you just need to look at people like Kevin Gibes and the Unicorn Ranch to see proof of AGP. He’s flat out admitted (basically) that he transitioned due to a fetish and constantly gets horny thinking about himself being an uwu girl, which... an actual girl, even a trans one would not do.
I don’t have a problem with trans people in general honestly, because even if you don’t believe they’re an ‘actual girl/boy’ if they’re just a person living their life the way that makes them happy and not bothering anyone then who cares. I even have an acquaintance from a friend group who decided they are a trans girl and even though I secretly think they are the ‘kinda feminine boy feels like a failure of his gender and wants to be a girl to be treated better’ kinda trans I’m not a dick so I use she/her around them.
I am strongly against this whole ‘no dysphoria needed and trans out your kids’ trend though, and think the loud obnoxious AGPs who talk about how it’s soooooo great to have bewbs and being a girl is so fun and sexy tee hee~ are total cancer tho.
Yeah if wasn't for the transtrenders,trans kids and attempt to destroy biology I wouldn't care either.

Fuck!

Belligerent Faggot
kiwifarms.net
So how familiar are you then with the literature on both sides of the aisle? Also inviting other kiwis to join, I would love to hear from some fellow medical kiwis too to hear their anon insights!

I found Debra Soh's new book The End of Gender an interesting read, although it plays to my bias as basically aggregates all the papers I found and read, mostly by Zucker, Blanchard, Bailey and Cantor. However I find her outlook rather liberal and she makes a great deal of effort on emphasizing both sides of the argument, which gives me reason to believe that she is sincere and her argumentation seems sound.

I am inclined to agree with her that sex is binary and so is gender identity. The latter however moves between the two endpoints of complete masculinity or femininity as a spectrum in how we act/present and which preferences/tendencies, feminine or masculine, we may have and is determined during gestation: we all have traits of both some more than others. Our social environment postnatal determines what is viewed as masculine/feminine, and therefore plastic, and to what we degree we can act on our desires or are forced to suppress them. Kids do little more than figuring out how the world around them works, suss out the patterns and start consolidating their gender identity around early puberty. I see no fault with that theory and it seems completely plausible to me.

I have not been able to read the opposition such as Julia Serrano's Whipping Girl, although I have read some of her blogposts and she does bring up some fair points that make me doubt Blanchards AGP Theory:
1) Cantor, Bailey, Blanchard, Zucker and Soh are all linked academically and as such are a loose group of researchers that are proponents of this theory. So they may be biased towards each other.
2)As he also states I cannot find many papers on AGP, its exclusively published by this group and Anne Lawrence who is an outlier. This creates doubt in my mind as 1) Either its such a bunk theory that other researchers have not pursued it or 2) It is as Soh states in her book that there is a large taboo on the subject within academic circles, but the latter almost sounds on the border of conspiracy theory to me.
3) He cites counter evidence by psychologist Jamie Veale that claims that there are plenty of TG's that claim to be bisexual or asexual (albeit the latter is very small so you could see it as the exception to the rule) therefore breaking the homosexual transsexual and AGP categorization, while Blanchard has pretty much stated that he thinks that these people are not entirely honest in their answer and that they are homosexual or heterosexual. Both sides offer fair points, but it makes Blanchard look worse as he needs to "prop up" this theory with ad hoc reasoning: you may need to question the validity of the theory if you need to keep doing that, particularly if you have nothing to back up these assertions.

The caveat is that Julia, Jamie and another high up critical academic Dana Janett Bevan from Princeton are all what we would call AGPs, which also casts doubt on my mind as that seems like a strong potential bias.

I also disagree strongly with Serano's depiction on the firing of Zucker as the account of Jesse Singal really gives reasonably doubt that this was a politically motivated firing. Serano also called the questioning approach that Zucker at al employed "conversion therapy", which I find disingenuous as he conflates it with homosexual conversion therapy and from what I can tell this was not the case: psychologists and us MD's are not a patients buddy buddy we should be allowed to question and probe a patient to come to the right conclusion and foremost first do no harm. This is particularly the case when dealing with psychiatric issues where we cannot simply do certain tests as you would with a somatic substrate. People deceive for various reasons, that should be no surprise.

The affirmative approach sounds to me like being a (legally liable) obedient pushover that just goes along and I disagree vehemently with this approach. "Zachte heelmeesters maken stinkende wonden": gentle healers cause festering wounds, as we tend to say in the Lowlands.
I believe that MD's like Olsen-Kennedy and her trans husband as a social worker are operating in good faith, but I find it chilling how little they do to challenge their own assertions by doing the necessary studies to assure themselves that 1) puberty blockers has no long-term serious consequences when given prolonged starting a young age, 2) whether kids spontaneously remit in their GD, 3) whether kids fare better with their affirmative approach vs psychotherapy/watchful waiting.

Tl;DR: Both the proponents as the opponents of the AGP theory have fair arguments yet background details surrounding them that gives me reason to doubt them.

P.S: I must say though that I find the Title of Seranos book rather distasteful/trashy as googling it brings up other thrashy novels as you would expect to go along with such a header and seems a rather male kind of thing to do speaking as a man.

Others recommended Contrapoints AGP video, but so far I could not bring myself to watch it, I find his voice and presentation extremely grating. Anybody who watched it and does he bring up fair points?
Apologies if this is disappointing but I don't think I have the efficacy to comment on this at the moment, but I'll look into it :)

Reactions: Heckler1

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
I feel bad for trans people with dysphoria who are being represented by attention seeking troons who are middle aged neets in tutus claiming to be "real whaman". If you are honestly trying to pass because it is the thing that helps alleviate your mental illness, I cannot imagine what it feels like to see people weaponizing your condition for asspats and to bullying must suck.
I wouldn't be surprised if trauma was at the root of a lot of genuine trans folks conditions.
The attention seekers ruin it for the ones who are real. They are the reason non-trans researchers cannot discuss anything with trans people and this is why the newer research is all bought and paid for by the agencies pushing for it to occur younger and younger.
One never makes a big deal about it it just is and honestly they seem to pass better then the troons. The troons band wagon it and seem to specifically look for any small mistake you might make so they can Karen you.

Fuck!

Belligerent Faggot
kiwifarms.net
One never makes a big deal about it it just is and honestly they seem to pass better then the troons. The troons band wagon it and seem to specifically look for any small mistake you might make so they can Karen you.
Ugh, this. I used to use tumblr when I was small and way too stupid. I ended up calling a transwoman "Dude" and got pretty much harassed off the site.

Aside- I honestly hate the 'trans community', shit you see on tumblr and reddit. Fun game, go on r/traaaaaaannnnnnnnnns/ and see how long you can go without seeing a catgirl or anime character! (Not including the sub banner because the owners of the sub are all furry fucks)

Like I mentioned in my previous post, people treat being trans like it's exciting, or quirky. As soon as they 'discover' they're trans (whether they truly are or not) people generally start making their whole fucking lives revolve around it, socializing with people like that is exhausting.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
BINGO

Rand /pol/

RIP Corrugated Daffodils, Teri-Teri, & Cinderblock
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Personally I think white trannies are the worst looking, I've never seen a white tranny with a passing skull.

Tags
None