General transgender discussion thread - Take the tranny related debates here.

ChaChaHeels:BlackOnes

kiwifarms.net
Have you ever asked yourself why every one of these people has, even if they move their own "egg" goalposts because of the optics, said that they "knew" they were trans between the ages of roughly 10-17? That for some unimaginable reason, that period of time was when they started to feel that they were uncomfortable with their own bodies? That they "weren't like the other kids"? It's almost like there's something else at play. It's almost like the human body begins a massive series of upheavals and changes around those ages that universally results in a disconnect between the mind and body of every developing human. Can you even imagine such a world?
Puberty is a fucked up time for sure, but not everyone experiences a disconnect between mind or body, or they‘d be even more tranners and ‘Systems’ out there.
What you are observing is the onset of two distinct things, both start in adolescence, both can cause a person to erroneously believe they should have the body of the opposite sex, they can occur alone or be comorbid. One is serious mental illness, such as personality disorders or schizophrenia, the other is a paraphilic disorder, Autogynephilia.

dotONION

oohn
kiwifarms.net
Puberty is a fucked up time for sure, but not everyone experiences a disconnect between mind or body, or they‘d be even more tranners and ‘Systems’ out there.
What you are observing is the onset of two distinct things, both start in adolescence, both can cause a person to erroneously believe they should have the body of the opposite sex, they can occur alone or be comorbid. One is serious mental illness, such as personality disorders or schizophrenia, the other is a paraphilic disorder, Autogynephilia.
I certainly think all of that's possible, and definitely agree about AGP. Yes, not every disconnect between the mind and the body is guaranteed to end with a dickditch, but that's exactly my point. Going through puberty sucks, universally. Everybody hates it, everybody goes through it. Everyone has felt a variation on "I'm too_____" during puberty. Choose your personal issue: Short, tall, hairy, ugly, fat, skinny, any and every thing is on the table. And each of those is a disconnect between the mind and the body, of varying degrees of severity. More to the point, I sincerely doubt the supposed commonality of gender dysphoria, and its severity, and its long and short term impact on people who claim they have it, especially if they have a recent diagnosis, which is far more likely to be political than genuine. I've been around long enough to have lived through a few different social/medical fads, and that is exactly what this is to me.

DukeOfNimonia

kiwifarms.net
Truly the solution to lunatics getting undue power is to just placate them by playing along with part of their insanity and ignoring the rest.

They will continue to use every inch of ground you cede to shift the conversation till your not wanting to suck the ladydick/ lick the manpussy is the contention then call you a Nazi for believing what you do with yo, wur mouth is your choice, just as it is with pronouns now.
This is why we have to draw the line. Make it very clear to the trans that their identity ends where biological reality begins. There are real, immutable differences between the sexes; to deny them is lunacy.

So...the trans get to dress up as the opposite sex, use the names associated with the opposite sex, adopt their mannerisms...but we make it crystal fucking clear to them that our allowing them to LARP as the opposite sex DOES NOT make them actually that. The twanzlaydee uses the men's room and stays the hell away from the lesbian community, for example. If they have a problem with that, tough shit.

Reactions: GenitalFetishist

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hormones are not mutagens, they cannot cause genetic mutations: no matter how much exogenous hormones you are exposed to, it wont modify the sequence of DNA in your cells.
That's just not true.
Nuclear receptor hormones do affect DNA and cause cancer and long term physical changes.

iHuman

kiwifarms.net
That's just not true.
Nuclear receptor hormones do affect DNA and cause cancer and long term physical changes.
Nuclear receptors (which many hormones can bind directly or indirectly as well as transcription factors) are involved in the control and regulation of the expression of genes in the DNA, but they do not modify the sequence of bases in the DNA which is why I was saying that hormones do not cause genetic mutations. Cancers can also be caused by problems in genes regulation, such as specific genes being over-expressed; which is why trangenders who have been under hormone therapy tend to have a higher risk of developing cancers: just because there is physical change or even cancer, does not mean that the sequence of DNA has been modified.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nuclear receptors (which many hormones can bind directly or indirectly as well as transcription factors) are involved in the control and regulation of the expression of genes in the DNA, but they do not modify the sequence of bases in the DNA which is why I was saying that hormones do not cause genetic mutations. Cancers can also be caused by problems in genes regulation, such as specific genes being over-expressed; which is why trangenders who have been under hormone therapy tend to have a higher risk of developing cancers: just because there is physical change or even cancer, does not mean that the sequence of DNA has been modified.
Of course, nothing can change your DNA. As for troons getting cancer, I doubt they're highly disposed, they probably just don't care for themselves properly. A lot of people with mental illness don't care for themselves properly.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Of course, nothing can change your DNA. As for troons getting cancer, I doubt they're highly disposed, they probably just don't care for themselves properly. A lot of people with mental illness don't care for themselves properly.
Research shows that the hormone therapy can and does increase cancer risk and sometimes more agressive forms of cancer.
The specifically discuss prostate and breast cancers.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mariposa Electrique

Violent Ken Apologist

cock
kiwifarms.net
Trans people aren't people. edit: basically, humanity is tied on some level to your basic biology and sex, if you lose your ability to procreate and are becoming a systemic controversy and blight upon society by baiting all the bigots (they'll always unfortunately be there) then you're kind of struggling to find a place.

But it's also just fun to say they aren't people.

Tags
None