General Wrestling Discussion

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Leaf Wage Slave

Need Time Machine to save Harambe
kiwifarms.net
Welp, looks like the Scorpio - Sammy feud is continuing. And for reasons known only to a literal cokehead, they’re trying to make Sky the Heel and Sammy the Face.

Honestly, if there’s one thing I hope that crowd continues to shit on, it’s this recycled Codyverse feud - the FTW Title is honestly is a better place than the TNT title at this point…

Unrelated edit to avoid a double post - apparently Meltzer’s saying AEW is “expected to have a major push in the Warner Media upfronts”, the shit they show to advertisers. Guess that might answer dome of those questions from The Merge

Last edited:

CyrusHowler

kiwifarms.net
The retards will boo Sammy out of the company like they did Cody. Then they’ll pick their new scapegoat.
They’ll eventually turn on everyone in AEW until nobody is left but Omega and The Bucks sitting in a ball pit in the middle of the ring.

I hate wrestling fans with a passion. The pandemic era was actually sorta refreshing because no lame fans.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
>King of Mexico
>Never drew a dime
:bogged:

If a manlet like Silver has Punk gassed the fuck out, he's even more out of it than I thought.

They also seem to want to turn Punk heel, which is fucking lame because it turns this into yet another Giant Douche vs Shit Sandwich.

And one more thing: Tony sweetheart, having MJF reference Punk's Golden Age ROH promos and throwing them back at his face was epic because it fit the feud, and the aspect that MJF was the CM Punk superfan younger villain to Phil's Veteran hero who wisened up some after 20 years.

Having Punk act like Brent Albright when he wanted Punk himself to shake his hand is just fucking autistic and makes Phil look like a retard. We know, you liked 2000's ROH, stop copying their angles verbatim.

I've said it before, but Kenny's hand is at play if they have Punk turn heel. Because the fucker is DESPERATE to get the belt back after hand picking his toadie Page to essentially babysit the belt for a god-awful heatless reign purely to keep it out of Punk, Bryan, etc hands due to Kenny know he'll never see the title again if it gets on someone else's waist. Especially if the rumors about the Trios belt being a literal containment belt Tony came up with to permanently remove Kenny and the Bucks from the World and Tag Title scene.

Punk goes heel to lose to Adam and then gets paired up permanently with FTR so Kenny and the Young Bucks can make them their permanent jobbers in the trio division, the same way that Bryan's been permanently sidelined in his trio team because of the sin of being more over with fans than Kenny's clique.

Also, why the hell didn't Tony come up with an official chart/bracket shit for the Owen Hart tournament? He had like six-eight months to create one and it seems he's picking random people for it at that!

And hell, if he won't put the big names into the tournament, at least get some indie guys involved to spice things up and create a literal who's who to make there be some legit "who's going to win it?".

Dang Woodchucks!

Starlight Kid is my oshi
kiwifarms.net
I've said it before, but Kenny's hand is at play if they have Punk turn heel. Because the fucker is DESPERATE to get the belt back after hand picking his toadie Page to essentially babysit the belt for a god-awful heatless reign purely to keep it out of Punk, Bryan, etc hands due to Kenny know he'll never see the title again if it gets on someone else's waist. Especially if the rumors about the Trios belt being a literal containment belt Tony came up with to permanently remove Kenny and the Bucks from the World and Tag Title scene.

Punk goes heel to lose to Adam and then gets paired up permanently with FTR so Kenny and the Young Bucks can make them their permanent jobbers in the trio division, the same way that Bryan's been permanently sidelined in his trio team because of the sin of being more over with fans than Kenny's clique.

Also, why the hell didn't Tony come up with an official chart/bracket shit for the Owen Hart tournament? He had like six-eight months to create one and it seems he's picking random people for it at that!

And hell, if he won't put the big names into the tournament, at least get some indie guys involved to spice things up and create a literal who's who to make there be some legit "who's going to win it?".
He's just gonna give it to Adam Cole, so why bother making the tournament believeable? :story:

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Apparently Meltzer’s saying AEW is “expected to have a major push in the Warner Media upfronts”, the shit they show to advertisers. Guess that might answer dome of those questions from The Merge
Eh...kind of. It's like E3 where the networks show off what they have planned and then talk numbers for demographics. If that's the case, the only logical reason they would heavily push AEW is so that it doesn't get forgotten in the shuffle of all the higher rated programing, networks, and HBO Max shit that WarnerMedia Discovery just added. AEW wasn't a focal point last year (HBO Max and their ad-supported tier was) and all reports of the upfront for last year didn't mention it, despite it being original programing.

I think Dave might have drank too much kool-aid on this one.

For what it's worth, the entire month is focusing on ad revenue and they plan out their conferences during select weeks. The first week was based around streaming-only services (Amazon Video for example). Last week's focus was on podcasts, and yhis coming week will be the big networks. It all kicks off with FOX at 11am Monday.

CyrusHowler

kiwifarms.net
Scorpio Sky is the worst TNT champion.
Please put the belt on Lance Archer TK, it worked last time when you had the belt on a big beefy guy who stomped and crushed his way through the roster. But even better because he’s not shaped like a 1950’s refrigerator and you can actually understand him due to him being from Texas and not a 5th world nation like Bulgaria.

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
Sky isn't even that bad. They've just trapped him in hot-potatoing the belt between him and Sammy and made his first defence be again Kaz. It's almost like they are trying to make people not give a shit about him.

I can take to the idea of him putting a bit of prestige back on the belt but you need to give him something to work with.
He’s not bad at all in ring, and at least as a heel he has Lambert and E. Page to make up for any charisma shortfalls - unrelated thought, but I kinda wanna see the Page’s and Cage’s in a Steel Cage reffed by DDP, if only to hear commentary want to kill themselves trying to keep track of who’s name they’re calling - but the problem is that they’re giving him nothing to work with, and what they’re giving him is likely going to be completely shat on by the fans due to Sammy and Conti’s romance angle (probably the biggest side effect if the Rhodes, any angle like that is one fucker of a poisoned well for the forseeable future).
Please put the belt on Lance Archer TK, it worked last time when you had the belt on a big beefy guy who stomped and crushed his way through the roster. But even better because he’s not shaped like a 1950’s refrigerator and you can actually understand him due to him being from Texas and not a 5th world nation like Bulgaria.
Look, I like Lance Archer, but even I can tell his role is basically AEW’s Kane - not in terms of star power, but as a believable Monster. Guy can tear through most of the midcard, but against most of the upper card is the obligatory “Monster to Slay”. Barring his IWGP US Title win over Mox - but if he wasn’t a Transitional Champion I couldn’t tell you who was - almost every time he’s run into someone from the Main Event he’s taken the L, and I’d be willing to bet the win over Mox was his way of returning the favour (see - Archers two losses to Mox)

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Welp, looks like the Scorpio - Sammy feud is continuing. And for reasons known only to a literal cokehead, they’re trying to make Sky the Heel and Sammy the Face.

Honestly, if there’s one thing I hope that crowd continues to shit on, it’s this recycled Codyverse feud - the FTW Title is honestly is a better place than the TNT title at this point…

Unrelated edit to avoid a double post - apparently Meltzer’s saying AEW is “expected to have a major push in the Warner Media upfronts”, the shit they show to advertisers. Guess that might answer dome of those questions from The Merge
Tony said in an interview that he knows fans like Sammy and Tay, but don't like them together so maybe going forward they wont be on television together as often.
Depending on how well they do with advertisers could get AEW more money, however we've seen Tony doesn't know how to renew contracts or want to give raises for wrestlers who are onscreen often so that really doesn't mean anything other than more money in his pockets and to buy new toys.
Look, I like Lance Archer, but even I can tell his role is basically AEW’s Kane - not in terms of star power, but as a believable Monster. Guy can tear through most of the midcard, but against most of the upper card is the obligatory “Monster to Slay”. Barring his IWGP US Title win over Mox - but if he wasn’t a Transitional Champion I couldn’t tell you who was - almost every time he’s run into someone from the Main Event he’s taken the L, and I’d be willing to bet the win over Mox was his way of returning the favour (see - Archers two losses to Mox)
He has the honour of being shortest IWGP US Title run at 24 days. That's going to be hard to beat without damaging the belt, the wrestler, or both.

So either AEW is working itself into a shoot, or Shida doesn't understand how fake injury angles work.

Either or both could be at play here.
It seems like they didn't tell her about the angle and despite not being injured she's not medically cleared by their doctors.

trent

kiwifarms.net

So either AEW is working itself into a shoot, or Shida doesn't understand how fake injury angles work.

I did notice on last weeks Dynamite that they had an ad for the Asian version of Black History month and it featured TK talking about his experience as an Asian wrestling promoter along with interspliced footage of Riho, Yuka Sakazaki and Wheeler Yuta. No footage of Shida.

I wonder if she is on the shitlist at AEW for nearly blinding Deeb with the wild swing of a kendo stick in their last match.

A.P. Hill

I Wish I Was In Donetsk
kiwifarms.net
Sky isn't even that bad. They've just trapped him in hot-potatoing the belt between him and Sammy and made his first defence be again Kaz. It's almost like they are trying to make people not give a shit about him.

I can take to the idea of him putting a bit of prestige back on the belt but you need to give him something to work with.
I just don't understand why you would go hot potato with a belt that's relatively new. That seems like the opposite way to give it credibility. I thought the formula was to give it to an upper midcard guy and have him go on a run with it?

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
The TV belt only happened because Cody foolishly let him be blocked from challenging for the World title. Cody gave the TV belt credibility and a plot coupon to justify the "Codyverse".

Also, it goes towards the notion that Tony Khan has the autism for not breaking plans, that he simply inserted Sammy into Cody's role for the TV trope and won't break the plan to come up with something new for the belt. I can see the logic of using the belt to get Scorpio Sky over, but I'd rather see Scorpio go after the world title if Tony won't fucking put the world title off of Page and give the TV belt to a one of the top guys who can effectively become the "real" world champion with the TV belt while Kenny and Page's "world" title can be a glorified vanity belt.

IDanceonTrannyGraves

kiwifarms.net
I've actually not watched AEW in months
These faggots have infested wrestling too, and they're killing my interest in it entirely. Faggots.jpg

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

Hanlon's razor. Tony penciled in Shida for the tournament and then forgot she had a fuckton of commitments back in Japan. From a promoters standpoint, if you book an injury angle, you clear their schedule, pay them extra to stay home, and release a statement on the website and to the dirt sheets. The fact that the announcement happened on Rampage and after Shida wrestled an hour and 45 minute tag match in Wave makes me think Tony's Adderall wore off.

CyrusHowler

kiwifarms.net

Nah he’s a literal charisma vacuum like Shawn Spears.

This post is Anonymous Fluhre© approved.

Last edited:

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
Not a bad introduction to NJPW tonight. What a fucking banger of a main event at Capital Collision, if you can catch a replay I implore you to check it out. Will Ospreay, what a performer.
D5A56709-A2F7-4BFD-A3B8-A16F184DB500.jpeg
Call it a hunch, but I don’t think Ospreay was happy. Sure, might just be kayfabeing it, but wrestlers on Social Media are two steps removed from being Lolcows at any given time - honestly, I just thought that was funny