General Wrestling Discussion

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
On a side note; story is coming out that HHH is telling people internally that he is "back in power in creative".

Again, if Hunter is smart, he'd rehire Johnny Gargano, Candace, and Dexter Lumis and put them on the main roster/reunite them with Austin Theory and Indie Hartwell plus Ciampa; have them curb stomp beat Roman Reigns and the Usos flawless victory to strip them of their gold, and have The Way be the top group on Raw/Smackdown.

Johnny the Raw champion, Dexter the Smackdown champion, Indie and Candace the Raw/Smackdown women's champions, Austin/Ciampa as the unified tag champions.

Shit is so bad and Roman's running off viewers in so many record numbers, that "Hunter's Revenge" with The Way as his instruments of vengeance would be a vast improvement in terms of new status quo.

Hatoful Dandy

Harbinger of Thrawn
kiwifarms.net
This reminds me of when Big Show came out and said there was a big annoucement at Revolution that weekend and Tony Khan hadn't actually put pen to paper on Christian's contract by then. I genuinely don't think Tony knows who Zack Sabre Jr is facing yet.
Or, IIRC, when Tony promised someone stepping through the Forbidden Door , realised that Keith Lee didn't qualify for that term and signed Jay White to appear on the same Dynamite.

Leaf Wage Slave

Need Time Machine to save Harambe
kiwifarms.net
Y’know, normally I’m at least somewhat interested in AEW’s PPV’s, but there legitimately isn’t a fucking thing on this card that makes me think this’d be worth pirating, never mind spending money on. I’m not sure if it’s because they’ve tried to throw this show together in 3 weeks and having to keep changing plans considering the injury plague going through wrestling right now, or if TK just got cut off from his usual supplier, or hell - it might just be that I’ve just stopped giving two shits about New Japan. It definitely doesn’t help matters that MJF is gone - guy likely could’ve made me care about at least one thing on the card, but it seems like he might be sitting out his contract…

Hopefully once we’re past Forbidden Door - the show’s totally not someone stroking their own ego - and TK finds a new supplier, shit gets better. Or at the very least, becomes entertaining enough for all the wrong reasons, just commit to the WCW Speedrun…

E - so, how much of Christian’s promo was him just being honest?

Last edited:

IDanceonTrannyGraves

kiwifarms.net
The average AEW fan.

Fan.jpg

Kerwin White

kiwifarms.net
Rhea Ripley's out of action indefinitely after giving herself a "brain injury" by kneeing herself in the head on a botch.

This has to be the most injury filled period in wrestling in recent memory. It seems like going back on the road post-covid is kicking the shit out of everyone.

I said this summer was cursed. Can't wait to hear Cornette talk about this. You can just tell he'd love to bump for Rhea, if you know what I mean.

Tom Nook's Gloryhole

kiwifarms.net
It definitely doesn’t help matters that MJF is gone - guy likely could’ve made me care about at least one thing on the card, but it seems like he might be sitting out his contract…
I totally see MJF coming in as a surprise at the end (maybe even to distract Cole or Page for a fuck finish) because it's been a few weeks and he can use the excuse that "I'm banned from TV but nobody said I couldn't show up at the PPV". It'd allow a feud to form and 'protect' anyone who is jobbing to Okada or White.

But the alternative (that he's actually gone for good and his last actions as an AEW employee was blasting Tony Khan in a promo) is significantly funnier so I'm secretly hoping it's that.

Shipping Steel

A fight between the blue you once knew.
kiwifarms.net
So the "go home:" show for the NJPW springboard in to mainstream America show was ok, I suppose. From the top.

- Danielson coming out to say he will be unable to perform isn't a surprise. Teasing a wrestler that's on his level is like asking someone to dig their own grave and bury themselves though... Probably should have just announced it then and there. I actually can't think of someone on ZSJ level currently.
- We come to the first good thing/bad thing part of the show. The triple tag match was meh, Mark Davis doing his pop-up piledriver was fucking money in my eyes.
Good thing: The crowd was hot for FTR coming out, and the crowd popped. Interesting note to see if NJPW will gift FTR the titles at Forbidden Door. If they do, you can see the trajectory of FTR vs TYB 3 being the score to settle who really is the best current day tag team. If memory serves, TYB have won all titles that FTR currently hold. If you play it smart, FTR take the IWGP Tag Team straps, and have a winner take all with TYB down the road in the rubber match. Probably wont happen. Bad Thing: Will Osprey vs Orange Cassidy..... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I can only suspend my disbelief so far...
- Christain Cage pulling the heel promo. Fuck it's good to see him talk again.
- I'm sick of seeing Penta and Black. But the 4 way is looking good, and that's only because of Miro being in it, and his ridiculous promo after the match.
- Skipping the Wardlow promo, we move in to seeing Cole come out and yap. Page vs Young was as always a good watch.
So when Okada came out, you could kinda sense people were excited... I mean, I was. Then you just look at who he's in the ring fighting and you kinda just sigh. Confirmed 4 way, either Adam eating that pin, which actually does more harm than good to their careers. This was poorly booked.
- Jade promo, followed by Kris promo.
- In an effort to get the crowd to react to Shafir, they dump Nyla with her, and the pop was STILL mild. Shafirs wrestling isn't the only problem here, she's just so fucking plain. You then have some broad from the redneck state in Australia come out and try to put on a show... fuck it's not working Tony... Just stop with the Shafir. Toni Storm can't perform miracles...
Rosa vs Storm should be a good match, just uproot the belt off Rosa. Wishful thinking on my part, but it's better than putting the belt back on D.M.D at this stage.
- Fuck Tanahashi looks old. He's only 45 but he looks 55. We have a tag team with 3 people who are in different eras of wrestling, and Hoyt being there on behalf of Suzuki-Gun. Hoyt was like the spare prick at a wedding, and really should not have been there. To be honest, this match shouldn't have happened at all. Surely we could have had something else in place of this match. Once Hoyt collected his paycheque, we have a brawl and I just tuned out.

I'm sorry, I don't mind Eddie Kingston, but this feud he is having with Jericho is fucking trash. And thanks to Kingston, PnP are once again getting dragged in to the mire of shit, when they should be gate keeping the tag team division. This event is gonna be a hard watch, because it just feels poorly booked. This is starting to look like the WCW/NJPW Supershow II levels of meh.

Leaf Wage Slave

Need Time Machine to save Harambe
kiwifarms.net
So when Okada came out, you could kinda sense people were excited... I mean, I was. Then you just look at who he's in the ring fighting and you kinda just sigh. Confirmed 4 way, either Adam eating that pin, which actually does more harm than good to their careers. This was poorly booked.
I feel like the original plan was just to have a Champion vs Champion match - meaning at the time the build started, it would’ve been Punk vs Okada, and I realize the tease for Punk-Tanahashi disproves my idea - but between Punk getting hurt and Jay White winning the IWGP title, that plan got punted harder than Snitsky’s Fake Baby.

Add in the Adams having a forever feud that’s even more boring than the usual, it’s one of the many FD matches you can probably predict the ending of on sight.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
What's also funny is the guy facing ZSJ on Sunday, then being thrust right into a war games style match the next week.

EDIT: People going nuts saying it's Cesaro or Gargano, but they're sleeping on someone who is very technical AND brutal: Biff Busick.

Last edited:

Goyaanisqatsi

I just want to go to the beach
kiwifarms.net
This PPV could have theoretically been a fun banger of a show but I don't think it's even going to be as good as Starrcade 96.