General Wrestling Discussion

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What are you even going on about? It had absolutely 0 mini games and a deep career mode with branching paths.. It also was the best looking wrestling game on the system. Did you even play it?
Lol. No Mercy was not the best looking wrestling game on N64. The animations were more fluid and stuff, but WCW Mayhem and WWF Attitude were considered better looking at the time and had far more realistic textures and models. No Mercy also had horrific slowdown and clipping. The gameplay is what everyone liked about it. Those other two games played like trash.

Just to illustrate the point. Take a look at the Attitude Austin model vs the No Mercy one. Look at how blocky the No Mercy one is compared to the Attitude one.

Attitude.jpg
no mercy.png

I'm saying this as someone who logged a lot of time into both games when they were new and likes No Mercy way more. But saying No Mercy was known for its graphics is a sure sign the person saying did not play it when it was new.

Last edited:

Leaf Wage Slave

Need Time Machine to save Harambe
kiwifarms.net
So, word from Autistic Uncle Dave - Chicago Phil might not be back in time for All Out.

At what point do we drop the “Interim” part of World Champion? Hell, Mox is practically doing just that as is, wonder how long it’ll take for the Money Mark in Chief does the same?

OJ Simpson

Hey Kiwi World, It's Yours Truly.
kiwifarms.net
Lol. No Mercy was not the best looking wrestling game on N64. The animations were more fluid and stuff, but WCW Mayhem and WWF Attitude were considered better looking at the time and had far more realistic textures and models. No Mercy also had horrific slowdown and clipping. The gameplay is what everyone liked about it. Those other two games played like trash.

Just to illustrate the point. Take a look at the Attitude Austin model vs the No Mercy one. Look at how blocky the No Mercy one is compared to the Attitude one.

View attachment 3566680
View attachment 3566683

I'm saying this as someone who logged a lot of time into both games when they were new and likes No Mercy way more. But saying No Mercy was known for its graphics is a sure sign the person saying did not play it when it was new.

Those Acclaim wrestling games were so fucking dogshit. I'm still salty about Hardcore Revolution.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those Acclaim wrestling games were so fucking dogshit. I'm still salty about Hardcore Revolution.
I have a highschool friend who to this day swears up and down WWF Attitude was better thank the THQ WWF games. We're still trying to figure out what's wrong with him.

Last edited:

Goyaanisqatsi

I just want to go to the beach
kiwifarms.net
A game where I have to input Down, Up, Down, and square for a Stone Cold Stunner is TOTALLY the superior wrestling game, you tards.

Atomkrieg

kiwifarms.net
So, word from Autistic Uncle Dave - Chicago Phil might not be back in time for All Out.

At what point do we drop the “Interim” part of World Champion? Hell, Mox is practically doing just that as is, wonder how long it’ll take for the Money Mark in Chief does the same?

I don't know but something tells me Jericho is going to win the "interim" title next week.

trent

kiwifarms.net
Sasha posted her first tweet since she walked out of WWE saying she's "excited to see you guys this weekend".

She's was supposed to be doing a signing at some kind of event on Saturday and Sunday this week but the event organisers tweets promoting it that have disappeared. Both Rampage and Smackdown are live tonight.

Tiggletown

Not Suicidal
kiwifarms.net
Sasha posted her first tweet since she walked out of WWE saying she's "excited to see you guys this weekend".

She's was supposed to be doing a signing at some kind of event on Saturday and Sunday this week but the event organisers tweets promoting it that have disappeared. Both Rampage and Smackdown are live tonight.
I'd love to see Sasha lose clean to Britt Baker so Adam Cole doesn't get pissy.

Grift Garrison

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 3566680
View attachment 3566683

Those games had better looking character models but the animation was terrible and everything looked awkward. Realistic textures mean fuck all when the animation makes it look like cardboard cutouts having a match. Wrestlemania the Arcade Game had more realistic models than Power Move Pro Wrestling but PMPW looked way better. The graphics on WCW nWo World Tour blew me away at the time especially when the graphics from the previous generation were shit like WWF Raw and Natsume Championship Wrestling.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those games had better looking character models but the animation was terrible and everything looked awkward. Realistic textures mean fuck all when the animation makes it look like cardboard cutouts having a match. Wrestlemania the Arcade Game had more realistic models than Power Move Pro Wrestling but PMPW looked way better. The graphics on WCW nWo World Tour blew me away at the time especially when the graphics from the previous generation were shit like WWF Raw and Natsume Championship Wrestling.
Regardless, the game was never known as a graphical showcase. The guy you replied with is right that they focused on gameplay and making it fun to play with friends over robust graphics and overly complicated gameplay.

Grift Garrison

kiwifarms.net
Regardless, the game was never known as a graphical showcase. The guy you replied with is right that they focused on gameplay and making it fun to play with friends over robust graphics and overly complicated gameplay.

Regardless if it wasn't a graphical showcase nobody looked at the game and thought "these graphics look dated". Fight Forever looks like WWE 2k14. I'm done sperging bout this until the game is released. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love it to be an amazing game.

Leaf Wage Slave

Need Time Machine to save Harambe
kiwifarms.net
When is MJF coming back?
Guy’s apparently gone complete radio silence as far as wrestling is concerned. Hasn’t even taken any outside AEW bookings.

If he’s legitimately sitting out his contract, he’s potentially leaving a LOT of money on the table…
I'm hoping for All Out :optimistic: :optimistic: :optimistic:
The Royal Rumble
Considering the roller coaster of “Work-Shoot-Worked Shoot” this entire situation’s been, both options are entirely possible

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Guy’s apparently gone complete radio silence as far as wrestling is concerned. Hasn’t even taken any outside AEW bookings.

If he’s legitimately sitting out his contract, he’s potentially leaving a LOT of money on the table…

Considering the roller coaster of “Work-Shoot-Worked Shoot” this entire situation’s been, both options are entirely possible
Could also be sitting out with an injury no one disclosed or just healing up